• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do Vibram discs dye in case you want to have a custom job done? (Now I want a Captain America Ridge no matter what!)

Second, I think making a disc to compete with a Roc or a Buzz is a poor marketing decision.
These discs are the most popular models from thier respective manufacturers, and best selling as well, trying to take market share from proven winners is going to be an uphill battle, at best.

I would think filling in the gaps in the others weak points would be smarter way to sell discs.
Start with making the fastest disc on the planet. I dont think Innova or Discraft has used the maximum allowable wing configuration yet, maybe see what your engineering team can come up with in that area.

I disagree. In fact, if Vibram made a Teebird and Roc clone as durable as Xlink putters, I would dump Innova altogether.

I would probably join in dumping most of the discs in the middle of my bag if they could make a slightly longer Ridge, and then a disc slightly longer than that. If you take what works for you, stretch it a little, making a solid progression towards the eventuality of having a long bomber driver, you will not have to make a ton of different discs and molds like the two big names in hopes of hitting the one or two that fly right for the majority of players.

Steve, weird question, but what do you sell in the gift shop? Any discs? If so I assume Vibram stuff, but any besides that?

Steve, just wanted to say that I've tried just about every putter out there and the Ridge is the best thing I've ever thrown and has probably taken at least 2 strokes off my average since I picked it up.
So when am I going to see a Vibram mid range disc?QUOTE]

I think we are getting close to a little something something. With all of the testing that goes in here, I am learning that patience is a true virtue.

Thanks for the kudos on the Ridge. I am loving how straight it flies off the tee. Crazy predictable. Aaron and I were playing catch with one yesterday alternating straight runs, annys and hyzer shots and it occured to me that we were not moving very much to catch the disc. Yay!

What in the world is next for Vibram in terms of discs?

Also, how many and who does Vibram sponsor?

Those are the two questions I want to know.

What's next is being worked on. Really.

Our sponsored players, listed in no particular order:

Bob Graham
Dana Vicich
Vinnie Miller
Aaron Ala
Steve Dodge
Ross Brandt
Greg Wintrob
Chris Deitzel
Mike Dussault
Mitch Sonderfan
Jerel Davis
Marielle Mallar

I will try to get player bio pages on the website within the week.

Steve - When are you going to make soft discs like the prototypes that VeganRay has? How about something that's at least a LITTLE bit soft, if not super baby nipple rubber puke soft.

\/\/

Aaron has put $5 on being able to make them today, which would put them in stores in a couple weeks. I'm not quite as confident as he. They are pretty darn soft, but not quite as soft as Vegan Ray's, if you know what I mean.

But back to disc golf as a topic, so far I've had fairly good experience with my Summit putter. My only complaint about it so far is that it has given me some fairly bad rollaways on missed putts. I really would like to see Vibram produce a rubber driver. I suspect the rubber's durability would make even more of a difference with the sharper edges of a driver.

I use the Summit as my touch approach disc because I think the Ridge catches chains better. I'm trying to determine a repeatable way to test disc roll-aways as we should determine if this issue is real.

I am very excited to be able to put out a grippy and durable driver in our X-Link compound. Agreed.

Steve, weird question, but what do you sell in the gift shop? Any discs? If so I assume Vibram stuff, but any besides that?

I am not in charge of purchasing for the Maple Hill gift shop, but there is a nice selection of discs and a complete selection of Vibram discs.

Last edited:
It is open 3-7 everyday and noon to 7 on weekends. It just started being open on a regular basis this past Sunday.

So I really need to invest in putters. Like many newer players I invested a lot in drivers but I am discing down an realizing my biggest flaw. Putting and putters. I used an aviar in just a default mindset ("its Innova's main putter might as well us it") and I'm going to be trying other putters now.

However I don't want to blow $200 dollars to search through all the putters I want to try and the Vibram ones are the most expensive. What would you suggest trying (I'm driving with putters now also) because I want to try all three but I'll be danged if I can spend $60 to get them and then another $20-$40 to have a couple back ups. Is there an X-out program or anything like that?

A couple other questions.
1. Will Vibram be selling discs at the AM Worlds? (I am going to be at some of the events and totally want to pick up some stuff. I'm hoping buying them at an event would be cheaper than ordering them)
2. How could someone get involved in helping test if you do a mid-range or driver? (I'd be willing to send stuff back, I would just like to be involved in the process)
3. Any possibility for a hand out? (I'm not trying to hide looking for a freebie in the other parts of my post)

PM me if you would prefer.

(P.S. the putters I want to try out are the JK Aviar, MVP Ion, and the 3 Vibram putters)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts