• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you suggest trying (I'm driving with putters now also) because I want to try all three but I'll be danged if I can spend $60 to get them and then another $20-$40 to have a couple back ups. Is there an X-out program or anything like that?

A couple other questions.
1. Will Vibram be selling discs at the AM Worlds? (I am going to be at some of the events and totally want to pick up some stuff. I'm hoping buying them at an event would be cheaper than ordering them)
2. How could someone get involved in helping test if you do a mid-range or driver? (I'd be willing to send stuff back, I would just like to be involved in the process)
3. Any possibility for a hand out? (I'm not trying to hide looking for a freebie in the other parts of my post)

PM me if you would prefer.

(P.S. the putters I want to try out are the JK Aviar, MVP Ion, and the 3 Vibram putters)

I would recommend starting with an X-Link Ridge. This is the inbetween disc in our putt and approach arsenal. It will be a tad more overstable than your Aviar and is comparable to a JK Aviar in flight. By picking Vibram's inbetween disc, you will be able to tell which, if any, of the other Vibram discs you would want to give a try.

1. We won't be selling at AM Worlds, but we will have games and prizes at our FlyMart booth (and we'll be doing a Vibram Clinic & Durability Demo at 6:00 on Monday right before the Player's Meeting) so it will be worth stopping by (plus you get to meet me! :-D). I think Sun King Discs will be there selling Vibram discs and I know that the AM Worlds vendor, Disc Golf Mart, will have some Vibram discs to sell.

2. There is a chance that becoming a Vibram Tester will be some of the prizes that we raffle off at our flymart booth and/or at the Monday Vibram Clinic.

3. I tend to not give away discs unless there is a compelling reason.

I don't own a vibram disc......yet

But thanks for just being available and answering questions people have it goes along way in building the brand

I want one but no one will trade cuz I have several good discs laying around without a home.

In my opinion, this is a good sign, and a good reason to give the Vibram discs a try. If you end up not liking them (which apparently does not happen much :)), there seems to be plenty of folks looking for them in trade.

We will be at Am Worlds in force! Stop by any of these locations and give us a shout out.

Monday at 6:00 PM, an hour before the player's meeting, we will hold a Vibram Putting Clinic and Durability Demo. Basically, we go over the Vibram discs and materials, giving folks a chance to see and grip each of them. We also go over some putting tips that have worked for us. And lastly, we attempt to destroy some discs. Yes, we will be bashing them into rocks and roads, and we need your help! :-D

Tuesday at 7:00 PM, we will be at the Flymart showing off the discs and running putting games with prizes. All women and Jr competitors can stop by the booth and pick-up a free Vibram mini.

Try your hand at putting with the Vibram discs in each of the X-Link materials. Prizes, raffles and fun are sure to be had.

Possible prizes? Vibram Tester Team spots, Way Cool Custom discs (see http://vibramdiscgolf.posterous.com/are-these-the-coolest-discs-ever), X-Link Soft discs, and more. You'll have to stop by and see.

Tuesday at 7:00 PM, we will be at the Flymart showing off the discs and running putting games with prizes. All women and Jr competitors can stop by the booth and pick-up a free Vibram mini.

Try your hand at putting with the Vibram discs in each of the X-Link materials. Prizes, raffles and fun are sure to be had.

Awesome, keep up the good work.

1. Awesome tip, the Ridge sounds about what I'd like anyway.
2. I will totally be at AM Worlds (maybe helping) if not certainly stopping by.
3. I'll be sure to introduce myself.
4. I totally understand not giving away free stuff.
5. Totally pumped for AM Worlds.

6 am or pm? I am assuming, and hoping, pm

Ratings

Just got my Summit and noticed the ratings system. Very different than any other brand. Exactly how am I supposed to know how fast in miles per hour I am throwing? :p

I play with Chris Deitzel a lot and I am really tempted to buy some of his discs that he is selling. My main putter is an Organic Wizard, he says the ridge is a wizard clone, is this right? Secondly I like my putters to be firm but also a little soft

I threw my new Ridge a few times head to head with a seasoned Organic Wizard and fresher Evo Wizard. I only got about 10 BH tosses in with it but it feels like a lightly seasoned wizard with a little less glide. Throwing it about 280-300 feet it held a very straight line with a little fade at the end.

Throw a Summit, do you turn it over? If so, >40mph
Throw a Ridge, do you turn it over? If so, >52mph
Throw a VP, do you turn it over? If so, stop taking steroids. :)

I absolutely LOVE my Vibram putters!! I am planning on picking up some more soon to go with the 4 I have already. I can't wait for the day Vibram release either a nice midrange disc, or even better a nice controllable fairway driver. Any discs that Vibram release in the future I will be purchasing ASAP :)

Are you guys making sunglasses anytime soon?

I remember an old infomercial of some sunglasses you could run over with your car and they were fine.

If Vibram ever starts making tobacco pipes or pint glasses I'm in! I break alot of those.

I play with Chris Deitzel a lot and I am really tempted to buy some of his discs that he is selling. My main putter is an Organic Wizard, he says the ridge is a wizard clone, is this right? Secondly I like my putters to be firm but also a little soft

The Ridge is not a Wizard clone, but it does fly comparably, although in my opinion it slows down faster at the end of its flight. I'd recommend starting with the X-Link material.

2. I will totally be at AM Worlds (maybe helping) if not certainly stopping by.

6 am or pm? I am assuming, and hoping, pm

6 PM on Monday at the player's meeting location.
7 PM on Tuesday at the Fly Mart.

See you in a few days!

Just got my Summit and noticed the ratings system. Very different than any other brand. Exactly how am I supposed to know how fast in miles per hour I am throwing? :p

This is an interesting dilemma. I would say throw the Summit and see how it flies. If, with a fairly flat release, it flies left, you are throwing slower than 40mph. If it flies flat to start, you are throwing 40mph. If it flies right, on a nice anny line, you are throwing more than 40mph (and you probably want to give it a nice hyzer release and watch it work its flight beautifully!)

As we introduce drivers, you will be able to look at the driver speed ratings and, based on which putt/approach disc works best for you, you will know which driver will work best for you. Hopefully there will be no more need to buy every new disc because it "goes faster". You'll be able to buy discs that actually work for your arm speed.

Are you guys making sunglasses anytime soon?

I remember an old infomercial of some sunglasses you could run over with your car and they were fine.

If Vibram ever starts making tobacco pipes or pint glasses I'm in! I break alot of those.

First off, obviously there are rubber sunglasses already in existence. Put your name on a pair today! http://www.custom-printed-promotional.com/personalized/rubber-sunglasses.htm

And secondly, not because anyone asked but because I find it interesting, Vibram does not put their name on anything unless they can improve the performance of what is currently in the market. I asked the owner about shirts and hats and he said, "Will our shirts and hats improve a player's performance over what is already out there?" I told him no and he said that would not sell shirts or hats then.

He then told me to come up with a shirt or hat that will improve performance and we could look into it. Feel free to PM me ideas!

Anyway, it was interesting to me because he is not interested in making money off of products that do not improve performance. Vibram was founded on this principle and I've come around to thinking it is a good one.

You should talk DGC into reordering some of your discs :D Noteably Ridges/VPs in 175 weight and different colors :D

My loyalty is hard to beat.

Performance material shirt with thin, tensioned Vibram rubber strips compressing, stimulating, and/or separating key muscles & muscle groups sewn-in. Could be custom-designed to target key muscles & muscle groups for each particular target activity or sport. Accupressure points could be incorporated, if y'all believe in that stuff. Similarly-designed performance material hat with compression/stimulation to accupressure points to increase concentration & focus & decrease pain & stress.

Vibram should host/sponsor/whatever their own Ace Race series. I know discraft uses this to field test prototypes, but Vibram could sponsor similar events that are Vibram only. I think that would be more fun, not having to show up and throw something you've never thrown before...have some decent prize packages w/ discs/bags etc. and give people an excuse to go out and buy more Vibrams...

Alright Steve... you've suckered me in. Since I started driving with putters, and practicing driving with them. I'll probably buy all 3... Do you have any suggestion as to what the selection at the event will be like? Would you mind selling them to me? Just so I can say I got them from you...

Also, suggestion. For a first "Driver" it would be really cool to create something like a Teebird, TL, or Leopard. A great "learner disc" that would help people with technique.

I hate saying it but I already foresee these putters overtaking my mids... :wall:

I don't know why I'm pumped about these...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts