• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Finally got out with my Lace this week and it was freaking cold outside! The rubber really helped with my grip but I still need to tweak my form with distance drivers. I decided to pick up a Vibram Ibex and first of all, it is absolutely beautiful. Mostly blue with red and grey tied in. I have a question though, where the Ibex and Vibram stamps are, there are lumps right underneath the disc on the other side. I attached a pic, but I was just curious..are they all like this or did I get a weird one?

Any help would be appreciated!

This bump underneath the label is called the "label well". It is necessary so the rubber of the label has enough material to chemically bond with. With the Sole, Ibex and Obex, the label well is wider than the wing and we needed to put a faux label well on the other side of the disc for balance.

I have been using a Buzzz as my dead straight mid range lately. Bought an Ibex about a month ago and was not too excited about it at first. Lost the Buzzz yesterday and had to use the Ibex. Man, I have been missing out. Flies super straight and as far as I need it. It has definitely secured its place and I will not being buying a Buzzz to replace the wet one. Want to try a medium soon (I have a firm) but the wife said I have bought too many discs lately. One day though.

Vinnie Miller of Texas (http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/vinnie-miller.html) came into Vibram the same way. We had sponsored the Texas Women's Challenge a few year's back. Vinnie was (and probably still is) the TD and I gave him a Ridge to try out. A few months later his KC Aviar cracked and he was left with the Ridge. The rest, as Chuck Norris would say, is history.

Steve, I hope I am not bugging you too much by asking this but, can you give us an estimate on a release date for the next new mold? (I'm hoping for a Mofwy)

Not bugging me one bit, but not only will I not give a release date, I also won't say what it is.

1354076782-0.jpg

As Steve said earlier on this thread, Vibram is going to put out 2 more mids in the future: a Ubex (understable Ibex) and Mobex (massively overstable Obex).

I think the beefy one should be called a Moobex.

Bovine humor, folks.

I'll be here all week.

Did anyone ever go with black and white way back when Vibram offered the custom colors?
I miss seeing everyone posting their custom ordered Vibram.

Have a Lace coming for the Birdie Bash and I'd like to practice before it gets here. What would be some other discs that are the equivalent or close to the Lace as far as flight goes? I'm sure the disc feel won't really have an equivalent being rubber.

Did anyone ever go with black and white way back when Vibram offered the custom colors?

I dont think white was an option for the customs. Vibram has always had issues with pure white, and, other than the shoe traks, bright yellow.

Go figure.

Someone might have...

buahahAHAHAHAHAHA (evil laugh)

I think an insanely cool color combination on some Vibrams would be black and neon green. I would love it if they were either half green, half black (like the '12 VO discs) or were green with black swirls in them.

I think Boise is getting a Birdie Bash (Thanks to DiscVoog) at the end of March. I have never thrown any Vibram disc, but I am very excited to participate. You can not beat $25 for 2 discs and a shirt. If anything else I can probably sell/trade on here for somethin I'd throw. Hoping to get a VP out of it, cause I've heard amazing things about that disc but haven't felt the need to spend ~$17 on a disc I may not like/use more than a few times.

DiscVoog? ha. The man at Boise DG is helping me a lot too. Look for a thread in the tourney section once I get some more things buttoned up. Look out on the Boise discgolfers FB page for days I will be on the course. I will have a stack of Vibram for test throws.

Can't go wrong with the vp. I am going to go VP and Ibex for the bash. See ya there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts