• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally , a VBB in the area, Im going to go with a VP and Obex in the firm material. I am hoping the project 420 disc is a overstable fairway driver similar to the Whippet, something that will make a good overall utility disc.

Note: All of the VBB discs will be X-Link Medium. Sorry.

I would just like to say how much I appreciate Vibram Disc Golf. I now feel, more than ever, that Vibram appreciates its customers and supporters. I love their tournament, approach to the game and products, and the professionalism they display. They are a solid company and Steve is an awesome guy. I am really just saying thanks. Thanks.

Quick question regarding the Ridge. I have had a firm ibex and summit for around a month. Was hoping the summit would take over the putting role, but I seem to be more consistent with a zero line spike at the moment. Where I love the summit, is when I'm too close for a mid, but not putting. I know I can get the summit dead straight and will sit down. My issue is I need something off the tee to go straight. The spike and summit are both under stable for me for when I put some power on them. Looks like the ridge seems to be straight, but will I lose my close approach, straight shot that the summit gives me? Thanks for the help, slowly moving to Vibram and loving it.

I would just like to say how much I appreciate Vibram Disc Golf. I now feel, more than ever, that Vibram appreciates its customers and supporters. I love their tournament, approach to the game and products, and the professionalism they display. They are a solid company and Steve is an awesome guy. I am really just saying thanks. Thanks.
:clap:

I've had a wonderful experience so far. Vibram really is invaluable to the disc golf community. Very excited to be putting on a Birdie Bash in May :)

Quick question regarding the Ridge. I have had a firm ibex and summit for around a month. Was hoping the summit would take over the putting role, but I seem to be more consistent with a zero line spike at the moment. Where I love the summit, is when I'm too close for a mid, but not putting. I know I can get the summit dead straight and will sit down. My issue is I need something off the tee to go straight. The spike and summit are both under stable for me for when I put some power on them. Looks like the ridge seems to be straight, but will I lose my close approach, straight shot that the summit gives me? Thanks for the help, slowly moving to Vibram and loving it.

IMO you should be able to crank on the spike and hyzer-flip it almost dead straight without issue (assuming its not beat to hell) Ridge will fly mostly straight with a little late fade, I have a 155 and 170 both basically fly the same and use them for 250 and in approaches drives putts whateverrr they fly pretty much where you aim... I personally did not like the Vibram putters for driving as much as other molds I have used before like the pure, spike, anode BUT vibrams can take a beating and have very good HSS.

Cryptic as ever Mr Dodge...

:wall:

I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Dodge gets some sick enjoyment from watching us toil and jump to wild conclusions based on nothing but what some guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that said he worked for Vibram said. It does make for some interesting discussion for sure and keeps us interested.

Great post. I second this! It is all professionalism and quality which translates directly into FUN!

I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Dodge gets some sick enjoyment from watching us toil and jump to wild conclusions based on nothing but what some guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that said he worked for Vibram said. It does make for some interesting discussion for sure and keeps us interested.

Dude he definitely does! He knows how to work the crowds extremely well. He gives us just enough to keep us busy without giving away his secrets. Genius.

The Ridge is the definition of straight/stable. Thrown flat, it's gonna ride straight with a touch of fade at the end. And this holds true no matter how much you crank on (assuming you don't give it a bunch of OAT).

I prefer a VP/Summit combo because they easily cover all my shots 250' and in, but a Ridge can cover pretty much all those same lines. I just love the VP too much and I play on the windy plains of Illinois so I like having the VP and Summit combo to cover strong headwind and tailwind situations, respectively.

I could say stuff like this for a million years and only scratch the surface. Mr. Dodge, what does your schedule look like for the year? I really just want to know when my next chance to hang out with you will be. :D

Dude he definitely does! He knows how to work the crowds extremely well. He gives us just enough to keep us busy without giving away his secrets. Genius.

Look at what Vibram does at big events as well. Steve rocked worlds last year. I went to the CTP thing just to hang out with Steve and Dana. Great people and they really put themselves miles ahead of the rest. So personable and real.

I carry all three of Vibrams origional putters in my bag. 2 copies of each actually, older and newer version of each. There isn't a shot I can't make with one of my Vibram putters.

If you want to crank on it and have it go straight, Ridge.
If you want to throw it soft and have it go straight, Summit.
If you want to shape a nice S-Curve and put power behind it, VP.

That is just three examples for ya.

Hey all! A friend of mine sent me a text last night offering to trade me a 11x Firebird for a Vibram driver and putter. I told him "sorry, I can't do that." LOL! But I told him where he can go buy some Vibrams at a store near him.

Anyway, I had another friend put my face on a disc. I don't know why, but he seemed to think I wouldn't mind having the Vibram logo smashed in with my face. I think the result is pretty funny. I'm going to have more of these done but he's going to move the image a little more this time LOL. (I marked out my full name and PDGA number)

Dandisc1-blurred_zpsf47d5dcc.jpg

I thought you guys might like to read my entry in the "guess project 420 mold" competition to win a spot as a tester.

223418_10151300820591593_1525672592_n.jpg

More overstable fairway - I can tell because the disc is speaking to me through this picture and letting me know it's identity through psychic waves that it has chosen me to be it's master. Therefore, I must be picked as the next Vibram tester. Steve Dodge will anoint me the Vibram Hero in the new age of Vibram and I will lead this company to victory in many tournaments. Vibram sales will soar as my shining visage ushers in a new era in sponsorship where 30 year old fanboys can become athletic superstars with the aid of marketing, really hard work, and a wonderful, likeable personality. Thank you.

Soooo.... they announced the winner for this today.... and it was my brother. :)

But he still hasn't told me what his guess was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts