• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really hoping that all this holds true with the Trek having more glide. I love my Ascent, but it just doesn't have enough glide for tailwind drives.

Just depends what you need your drive to do with a tailwind.

I happen to think that the Ascent is one of the more consistant fairway drivers in any wind condition.

I am really hoping that all this holds true with the Trek having more glide. I love my Ascent, but it just doesn't have enough glide for tailwind drives.

If I need to go straight into a headwind, I throw the Ascent.
If I need to go straight with a tailwind, I throw the Tra/ek.

I thought I read somewhere that Ibex would be a bit later.

if i recall Mr. Dodge said summerish. so I can guess it probably won't hit testers until a few weeks(or a month) after the Trak officially hits the market. I doubt we hear much about the Ibex until then. My money is on july at the earliest(for testers)

What's the Sol again? A putter of some sort? What's special about it?

What's the Sol again? A putter of some sort? What's special about it?
It's designed from the get go as a putting putter, and is a bit more traditional in some senses. This time it might actually have some glide. =)

Sir Dodge has said that the sole is a beadless putting putter vs. Putt and approach. They are also designing it to have some dome to it to increase glide. I can't wait to see and feel it. Although I have tomsay that I am extremely disappointed to bear that the vibram logo will not be in the middle anymore:(

Sir Dodge has said that the sole is a beadless putting putter vs. Putt and approach. They are also designing it to have some dome to it to increase glide. I can't wait to see and feel it. Although I have tomsay that I am extremely disappointed to bear that the vibram logo will not be in the middle anymore:(

I didn't realize that they were moving the logo on ALL the discs. I thought it was mentioned that it would be in the middle for putters and on the edge for drivers/mids. Thats a little disappointing. I kinda liked the current scheme.

I don't understand how you guys think that the Ascent has no glide?? It goes father than a TeeBird or Eagle with a similar flight. It always seems to go farther than I expect it to. Not sure what you guys are talking about??

And the summit has great glide as well?? You guys must be doing something wrong.

Every disc flies differently for different people. I wouldn't say we're saying it has "no" glide. It's a fast fairway driver but I don't think it keeps itself aloft as easily as a TeeBird or JLS for example.

if i recall Mr. Dodge said summerish. so I can guess it probably won't hit testers until a few weeks(or a month) after the Trak officially hits the market. I doubt we hear much about the Ibex until then. My money is on july at the earliest(for testers)

Steven has a tester Ibex that he has been bringing around to his demos. I was lucky enough to be at a demo where he let us throw it in the empty section of a PGA Superstore Parking Lot (the male half of BillnChristy was there too). My initial impression, after throwing it, is that it's a really good midrange, and should be popular. I really do envy you testers for getting these discs before the rest of us, but I suppose getting to throw the Ibex and Trak before most of y'all, if only for a few minutes, is consolation. And hey, what's a few weeks in the middle of the human life expectancy? :)

Steven has a tester Ibex that he has been bringing around to his demos. I was lucky enough to be at a demo where he let us throw it in the empty section of a PGA Superstore Parking Lot (the male half of BillnChristy was there too). My initial impression, after throwing it, is that it's a really good midrange, and should be popular. I really do envy you testers for getting these discs before the rest of us, but I suppose getting to throw the Ibex and Trak before most of y'all, if only for a few minutes, is consolation. And hey, what's a few weeks in the middle of the human life expectancy? :)

So whats the proto Ibex like? Stable/straight/understable, glidey, fast/slow, etc.? I'm anxious to get my hands on one regardless. I love my buzzzes, but I think I love Vibram more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts