• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks jpeaslee. Hopefully I'll get a few tosses tonight & can give some info tomorrow. It feels alot like my E-L, maybe a little thicker rim. I hope it throws like it, my eagle is pretty darn straight

I'm interested in finding out how the glide compares to the Ascent. I'm hoping it will have a lot more, as the Ascent seems to have less glide than most other fairway drivers I have thrown.

I felt like the Ascent did the same thing. A bit less glide than expected. I think the Trek/Trak is a little domier but I haven't compared them side-by-side.

I've got some 152 and 153 ascents here at the house that are just torturing me...can't throw them though, they belong to the women...hopefully a cool one wins one and lets me throw it!

Got some new Trek/Traks today, couple of really sharp looking blue ones! I'll report back later this weekend. The F's seem to have more dome than the M's- FWIW

PS- Happy birthday to Steve Dodge!

Steve, in what weights do you plan to make the Trek / Trak? Any < 160?

Thanks!

the raised lettering was on the first batch that they did and after some feedback about people not liking it they changed it to the engraved in lettering. There are a fair number out there with the raised letters. The protos had it like that too I believe?
thanks for the info. my FR doesnt have the raised lettering
Just the ridges

44064a7f.jpg
wanna unload some?
Got some new Trek/Traks today, couple of really sharp looking blue ones! I'll report back later this weekend. The F's seem to have more dome than the M's- FWIW

PS- Happy birthday to Steve Dodge!
why did you get more than one?

Received my tester Treks today. Throw them on top of the Trek I won last month from the contest and that is three to test out. Two actually have the Trek name on the disc while the first one still says Ascent. The two testers are Firms while I believe, because they are in the car and my short term memory is not the greatest, that the Ascent Trek is a regular X-Link.

Hopefully the weather clears soon so I can go out and test them. I have two awesomely beat-in X-Link Ascents to compare them to as well as five Rivers (the closest things I still own to these Vibram discs). I also still have the two Firm Ascents from the last round of testing I can throw into the mix as well.

Throwing twelve discs always makes for a fun day.

150-Class and 164-175

Sweet! I look forward to trying a 150ish Trek/Trak.

150-class as in it weighs 150 grams max (as is the original definition) or 159,9g max (as they're using in the Japan Open nowadays)?

Excellent question, low-mid 150s is usually my sweet spot for drivers. Oh, and I'll translate to umurrikin: 159,9 = 159.9 ;)

Sweet! I look forward to trying a 150ish Trek/Trak.
Excellent question, low-mid 150s is usually my sweet spot for drivers. Oh, and I'll translate to umurrikin: 159,9 = 159.9 ;)
Let me translate that further: 159.9 grams = 5.64030652 ounces, or about 5 and 3927/6133 ounces. ;)

But yeah, if it's over 150 it aint 150-class. =)

Just got my 2nd Summit, a 170, Red, Regular stiffness. I am only going to carry my two summits today for the club rounds, looking forward to trying the regular out!

Thanks Steve for getting me 4 new Proto Treks. Let's see if these are understable this time. I still think the first runs were more overstable than the Ascents. The blue one you sent me looks nice too!!! I noticed the Trek engraving is much deeper than on the Ascents.

Got a VP and another Summit on the way!

Anyways, do Vibram discs "beat in" like other discs, or do they stay where they are pretty much? Also, how does a VP compare stability wise to a Discraft Zone?

Got my first and only ace today with a Med. Ridge.
It's a good thing it landed in the basket, because it's the same color as all the dead leaves all over the place.
Love this thing.
Thanks Vibram.

2 weeks later, got my second ever. Also with the Ridge. This thing loves chains.

Again, thanks Vibram.

2 weeks later, got my second ever. Also with the Ridge. This thing loves chains.

Again, thanks Vibram.

Either you really, really like your Buzzz or you need to update your sig. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.