• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Ascent in my bag and have 2 more on the way. it's the only V disc that I have but it has been money for me.

Really looking forward to getting my hands on a sole. From what I have read and seen it appears to have a bit more glide then the VP/Ridge/Summit. This is what my putting needs for those longer shots in at the cage. Been hitting the cage low from a distance and this disc should solve that issue hopefully.

sole_ibex.jpg

Threw the Sole a bit last Friday (one round at Jellystone), got the Ibex yesterday in the mail.. have to work late tonight, will have to wait until tomorrow to get out and do some field work

^Second this. Can't wait to see all the color variations when these drop at the pinnacle retailers!

I got to throw a ibex yesterday, and it is money. these discs are also 100% bomb proof. the testing vibram puts these discs through is incredible. never seen a disc hold up to so much abuse.

I felt a Sole this weekend...I was quite impressed. This profile looks much more interesting to me than the other Vibram putters, as I prefer glidey discs. The Sole feels like it's going to glide well, so I look forward to CDGS gettting theirs so I can test them out.

I am not sold on the Sole for driving any hole over 120 feet. The Sole floats in the air but does not really glide. Floating by my definition is its ability to slowly descend but has little to do with forward momentum. For me glide is its ability to stay in the air with forward motion.

I like the Sole for putting because of how well it floats towards the basket. I like the Ridge better for driving because in my opinion it glides better. However, because of its ability to float, I really like the Sole for hyzer bombing over a single tree. I know that I do not need to swing it out too wide right and that it will not overshoot and land too far to the left.

As for the Ibex, what a fantastic midrange. It reminds a lot of a shorter fairway driver that you can power up.

Got an eagle 2 throw in with the Sole the other day. It just kept floating at the basket and went in!

The Ibex is growing on me. Still need some more rounds before we become best friends.

I think Vibram ought to make a condor-like disc for rolling... call it the Jeep or 4X4 or something... the rubber would make a perfect rolling disc IMHO

That is a frikking sweet idea!!! They could do a purpose built roller disc. It would have no equal. It would be cool if they could put a small off-road tread on the edge of the disc too. :p

That Sole is awesome.

got the Sole at LSDisc's ebay store, took it 2 days to reach me here! The Ibex from Discnation. Sure they probably cost me a bit more than if I would have waited, but... we all know how it is to wait if you don't really have too. Of course with the Ibex being hotstamped I'm wondering if I should make it a thrower or try and get another and make it a wall hanger?

got the Sole at LSDisc's ebay store, took it 2 days to reach me here! The Ibex from Discnation. Sure they probably cost me a bit more than if I would have waited, but... we all know how it is to wait if you don't really have too. Of course with the Ibex being hotstamped I'm wondering if I should make it a thrower or try and get another and make it a wall hanger?

those are the first ones to get hot stamps from vibram, so down the road.....

Sorry if this has been covered, but were there any Soles in lower weights coming out this run? I wanna find a 166-168 and have only seen 172+ so far. thx

Status
Not open for further replies.