• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Disc Golf Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that the previous disc rumors did not come from me and are wholly fictitious. With that said, let the discussions abound!

^^
I would say throw it flat and let it turn. I use it for anything and everything right.

Snow Day

Medium Ascent on it's way. Silver Lake Excalibur DGC. My first time playing in the snow. Had a blast!

Attachments

• IMG_0226.jpg
    IMG_0226.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 27
Sunken tops is confirmed way to make a disc less stable, ala the Yeti Pro, so thats no secret.

I am sorry but there is pretty much wrong. The sunken top on the Yeti helps it fight the wind. so why would you want to sink a dome to make it less stable in the wind? It may be the case for Vibram since it is made out of rubber but it isn't the case for the rest of the manufacturers

and now back to vibram...

What would be the best plastic to buy an Ibex in? I have never bought any Vibram before. How far can people throw them? And are they straight or a tad under stable?

What would be the best plastic to buy an Ibex in? I have never bought any Vibram before. How far can people throw them? And are they straight or a tad under stable?

Medium is probably the best to start with if you have never tried Vibram. FYI-it is rubber, not plastic. For me, it is straight.

Yeah, what gives with Marshall Street not stocking Vibram, anyway?
Its a long story that nobody knows all the details of
buy a mdeium first as they have great grip and are the most stable imo. 172ish is a great weight

I am sorry but there is pretty much wrong. The sunken top on the Yeti helps it fight the wind. so why would you want to sink a dome to make it less stable in the wind? It may be the case for Vibram since it is made out of rubber but it isn't the case for the rest of the manufacturers

and now back to vibram...

I'm not sure where you get your information from, but if you check page 404 of the " Ask Dave D. " thread, on the PDGA website, and read post # 12095, you will find this statement from the guy who MADE the discs.
And I quote;

It has a somewhat sunken flight plate that give a solid lower profile grip, and a very straight flight as oppose to other BBs which tend to be a lot more over stable.

Hey lookit that, you actually learned something rather than spewing heresay.
Your welcome.

:clap:
I'm not sure where you get your information from, but if you check page 404 of the " Ask Dave D. " thread, on the PDGA website, and read post # 12095, you will find this statement from the guy who MADE the discs.
And I quote;

Your welcome.

I have been searching for an Ibex around 160g, the lightest I have found is 167g.. Are there any out there in that weight?

And I quote;

Your welcome.

The yeti isn't drastically less stable than other BBs. A concave/flat top on drivers that are cooled improperly are generally more stable because the nose of the wing is pulled up. See the Flick. My point was don't go applying an Innova disc to a Vibram. Differently plastics and molding techniques.

Loving my Super Firm Vibram Open Ridge more and more each time I play.
I'm kicking myself for not picking up a VO Ibex...

When do you think we will see the '12 VO fundraiser discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.