• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Five Fingers KSO

Yeah, there amazing I've have mine for about 2 months now and absolutely love them, might try some other styles all i have are the KSO's, any suggestions on other styles?

Yeah, there amazing I've have mine for about 2 months now and absolutely love them, might try some other styles all i have are the KSO's, any suggestions on other styles?

I tried on the KSO's and the TrekSports in the store and walked out with the TrekSports. The sole is definitely a little stiffer/thicker and I felt like it would be a little better for walking through the woods. They also have 'cleats' on the bottom to get a little better grip in the dirt.

On the stench, my brother says he just washes them weekly. Also I've heard that tea tree oil or lavender oil help the stench out.

In my experience, if you don't wear anything else and sweat a lot (in my case, training 3x a week and at least a round of dg on off days), you will never get rid of the stink. Washing them with detergent doesn't eliminate stink at all, but will cut it down for a day or two, while soaking in vinegar eliminates stink about 1-2 days, and cuts it down a little bit for about a week. Unless Vibram has made huge leaps in their anti-microbial treatments in the past year, I doubt this has changed. AFAIK, the only thing you can do to eliminate stink entirely is wear socks, and those suckers are $10/pair.

Tea tree oil might work as it is anti-biotic. Sticking them in the freezer might work too, as I noticed recently that my beater pair doesn't smell nearly as bad anymore, having lived in a gym bag in the trunk of my car through a cold winter.

The Classics. Still the best, IMO, but I prefer more open shoes. Before I found FFs, the only time you would see me not wearing flip flops or barefoot was the dg course. It's not like the KSOs keep your feet clean - the fine dirt gets in anyway and the classics are easier to get on and adjust.

I really want a pair of the Mocs- they're amazingly comfortable, but they're $120 and you can't wear them outside. If I can convince my fiancee to let me wear a black pair to get married in, I'm gonna buy em.

Go with the Treksports. Great for disc golf...the cleats aren't big enough to bother you on concrete pads but big enough to give good traction and control on the dirt/grass. For those that don't have five fingers, I would recommend getting a pair. They help with balance and therefore give you more control. My game has improved since moving to VFF.

Anybody have and 5 Finger updates? I'm rocking Merrell CTR's right now and I have some extra money so Im thinking of picking up some Vibram KSO Treks... I know.. "buys discs, buy discs".. I am also picking up some Vibram plastic :) .

So any updates?? Im pretty much sold on them but I wanna hear if anyone is having durability issues. I play mainly on a very hilly, heavily wooded course, lots of rocks and acorns. The KSO Trek are supposed to have a thicker sole.

Anyone have KSO Treks?

Anybody have and 5 Finger updates? I'm rocking Merrell CTR's right now and I have some extra money so Im thinking of picking up some Vibram KSO Treks... I know.. "buys discs, buy discs".. I am also picking up some Vibram plastic :) .

So any updates?? Im pretty much sold on them but I wanna hear if anyone is having durability issues. I play mainly on a very hilly, heavily wooded course, lots of rocks and acorns. The KSO Trek are supposed to have a thicker sole.

Anyone have KSO Treks?

I've been wearing the treksports (not the kso treks) for the last few months. I'm a big ole 250lb hoss and I don't have any wear issues. There are a few spots on the soles that show wear, but nothing really significant. I might try and get a picture of em this afternoon. The only thing is that there is a small tear in the mesh where I caught a big thorn with the shoe. We have a lot of thorns off the fairways (where I spend a lot of time :doh:) and thats the only real sign of wear. Unless you live somewhere very cold year round I would go for something that had mesh instead of Kangaroo leather. I know its supposed to breathe well and all, but theres just no way that it'll be as cool as mesh. Also if you get a chance to try on the KomodoSports, I might look into them too. They have a little thicker soles and supposedly a little bit more support.

Either way, I'm LOVING my VFF's (although I'm not ballsy enough to wear em in public... just 4 months ago I was making fun of *those* people :p) as well as all my vibram discs.

Are these the only "toeshoes?" I'd seen people wear shoes like this, but hadn't realized Vibram made them.

Either way, I'm LOVING my VFF's (although I'm not ballsy enough to wear em in public... just 4 months ago I was making fun of *those* people :p) as well as all my vibram discs.

^My biggest stumbling block with these. haha

Im pretty excited to try these out... I am having a hard time deciding whether I want mesh or kangaroo leather though.. Are the mesh pretty breathable? Do you wear socks with them?

Thanks for the info! Anyone else have updates?

^My biggest stumbling block with these. haha

Im pretty excited to try these out... I am having a hard time deciding whether I want mesh or kangaroo leather though.. Are the mesh pretty breathable? Do you wear socks with them?

Thanks for the info! Anyone else have updates?

I'm not wearing socks with them. It seems like they'd feel weird (in fairness, I haven't tried.) Mine got stinky pretty quick but the stinkiness peaked early on and I still haven't washed them. I'm not really worried about it as I only wear mine to golf, run, etc. and I'm a sweaty sweaty guy. The mesh is very breathable. My brother turned me onto the vffs (again, after making fun of them for a LONG time) and he was concerned that I got the black ones and that they'd be hot. But they're not hot at all, very breathable.

Are these the only "toeshoes?" I'd seen people wear shoes like this, but hadn't realized Vibram made them.

As far as I know, the only ones out there are Vibrams, and fake Vibrams. DON'T buy them on ebay or even a lot of places online are selling the fakes. The only 'real' way to guarantee you're getting real ones is to go into an authorized retailler (or REI or maybe another one). To sell them online the venders have to have them in a brick and mortar store as well. Also an easy way to spot fakes is that the fake ones are offered in alternative color schemes.

1-50-Cent-Laugh-Off.gif

The ones in our April contest are real too. :-D

Get some Vibram FiveFingers (KSOs) and golf discs for your tournament! Entries must be in by May 1st.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/april-contest.html

I thought the Deadline was May 15th. Either way...my entry is on the way.

My Mom is 68 year-olds old and like to walk a lot. She recently bough a paid of the Five-Finger shoes and has posted several pictures on her facebook wall about the shoes.

The ones in our April contest are real too. :-D

Get some Vibram FiveFingers (KSOs) and golf discs for your tournament! Entries must be in by May 1st.

http://www.vibramdiscgolf.com/april-contest.html

I think your monthly contests are VERY cool. I think its a great marketing technique too. You get people to see you're a friendly company and you get your product into players hands. And once you feel the rubber (that sounds dirty, but whatever :)) I don't know how you can't like it.

^^looks like any other thin flexible running shoe. even though im an owner of the kso's, from pure looks id stick with vibram over those..ive always like the 'different' things

gf said i can snag a new pair of shoes for easter..im thinking these
komodoheader.jpg

I have the Komodos and I love them. Great all around.
FYI- Vibram is coming out with the SPEED Five Finger to be released in June to the US. Should be a really nice one as well.

Latest posts