• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram let me down...ish.

I'd agree with that. It sounds like he just had the freak toss that hit just right to slice the disc. If you take a razor blade to a disc to trim flashing and screw up you're gonna gouge the disc, regardless of who made it. Maybe if Chuck Norris started making discs they'd resist slices and thorn punctures better.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but when I hear durability I think changes in flight characteristics and not necessarily cosmetically. Given enough impact anything will look beat up a little, and given the one freak hit you might slice the disc or take a chunk out. That's gonna happen regardless of what kind of disc you throw. I've got a cfr pd that I took with me to the cave and now it looks pretty ragged but it still flies like it should. Yeah I've got some wear on my ascent, laces, and trak but they still fly like they did 4 months ago.

I don't disagree with this. However, this disc flips like a beat dx valk now with that beefy hangnail dragging wind. I'm going to try to meld it back together with a plastic welder, but if that doesn't work I'm just going to cut it off and file it smooth to see if I can't get it to fly somewhat right again... Just for shiggles as it's my understanding that it would then be illegal for tournament use.

We'll see.

Any other fun ideas of what to do with the disc?

dude buy a new one! think of all the $$$$ of technology you've wasted talking about a 15 dollar disc !

Wake Rider. Stop by my store when you're in town next. I have a few Trak's on the shelf now and should have some more in the coming weeks. Make sure you find me for the DGCR friend discount.

Suggestions:

Find another beat one and use them both to make a pair of flip-flops.

Or, use it to spot-resole your favorite disc shoes.

Wake Rider. Stop by my store when you're in town next. I have a few Trak's on the shelf now and should have some more in the coming weeks. Make sure you find me for the DGCR friend discount.

Ace Hardware in Noble is the place to go for Vibrams in Central OK! Support the store that supports disc golf in the area! :thmbup::thmbup:

Funny, exactly what I do expect. I see crappy Honda's broken down on the side of the road all the time. Of course, I also see fine Ford, GM, and Chrysler vehicles driving by the broken down heap of inferior technology. Not a big fan of Vibram, outside of footwear. Never seemed to me that it could be a durable as other plastic. End rant. :gross:

somebody had to call him out. honda's are mostly using timing belts which are a huge problem as the cars get older if you don't dump money into the maintenance. people are basing the reliability of new hondas on the cars from 20 years ago, but everything changes. people still base american car reliability on crap like the pinto and chevette. I'll take my silverado any day, timing chain and all. would never buy a unibody honda piece of s.

somebody had to call him out. hondas are mostly using timing belts which are a huge problem as the cars get older if you don't dump money into the maintenance. people are basing the reliability of new hondas on the cars from 20 years ago, but everything changes. people still base american car reliability on crap like the pinto and chevette. I'll take my silverado any day, timing chain and all. would never buy a unibody honda piece of s.

Remember when Mercedes Benz was a brand celebrated for reliability? Remember when Ford won Le Mans 4 years in a row? Remember when GM didn't make particularly reliable cars? A brand's reputation usually lasts much longer than it deserves, for better or worse. :\

Here's what happens when a medium lace hits a tree
IMAG0169.jpg

It's sort of hard to see but thre are 4 layer of rubber separated from eachother in this spot.

I've hit 3 trees with my lace in 3 rounds, i have 3 spots on my lace like this, my lace is flip and burn now =( obviously this isn't the only thing causing the loss of stability but i'm sure it helped. I think it lost it's stability even faster than the last dx destroyer I had.

Last edited:
Man, I just came on to tell a bit of a story about my single, odd experience of poor durability in a disc manufactured by a company that touts its durability as a foundational theme of its marketing. Little did I know the flamers would come out of the woodwork and bust my chops over it.

It was a story I shared and expected nothing else out of it aside of passing along knowledge. Take it or leave it. I expected nothing more.

This is what I have come to realize this site is all about. You tell a story and its all blah blah blah in return with criticism after criticism pretty lame. No one has any original thoughts around here. Go look it up in the search feature lol! I continue to dislike this site more and more every day.

somebody had to call him out. honda's are mostly using timing belts which are a huge problem as the cars get older if you don't dump money into the maintenance. people are basing the reliability of new hondas on the cars from 20 years ago, but everything changes. people still base american car reliability on crap like the pinto and chevette. I'll take my silverado any day, timing chain and all. would never buy a unibody honda piece of s.

Hondas from 20 years ago are some of the most reliable cars ever made. 89-93 is a golden era for Honda for both reliability and driving experience.

Ford and Chevy are reliable if you get the right vehicle. Look at the list posted earlier in this thread. That's not based off Pintos and Chevettes, it's new vehicles. Ford's 1.6L EcoBoost was recalled why? Fires... At least Chevy didn't make the bottom 10, I guess.

You can have your Silverado. I had a friend who had bought Chevy exclusively his entire life (for reliability reasons) have the transmission fail in his about 5000 miles out of warranty. Not only is he a family man who takes immaculate care of his vehicles, but Chevy left him out to dry. There are no other Chevys in his driveway.

Also, I made the 45 minute drive up to Tye F Cunningham Memorial course in Edmond (AKA Mitch Park), and busted out an ace on #4 on the longs placement...

While still wearing my Vibram shirt...with a GL Flow. Might be a sign...

How'd you hit that ace? Long pin placement's a bitch to get the angle. Did you take a big hyzer over the top of the trees?

This is what I have come to realize this site is all about. You tell a story and its all blah blah blah in return with criticism after criticism pretty lame. No one has any original thoughts around here. Go look it up in the search feature lol! I continue to dislike this site more and more every day.

It's not the site. It's all that pent up frustration from being a Falcons fan. :p

How'd you hit that ace? Long pin placement's a bitch to get the angle. Did you take a big hyzer over the top of the trees?

Yeah, I took a rhfh big hyzer way to the left with a stiff tailwind and heard it splash. I figured that it chained out since you can't see the basket off the pad, but ran up and saw it sitting in the bucket. I was stoked. Oddly, I very rarely ever throw FH nirmally choosing instead for anny lines with a rhbh, but I figured that would be near impossible to hit the bucket with a bh toss. Might have to start using the fh a little more. :thmbup:

My buddy that was with me hit his first ever ace on that exact hole just the previous week, but the pin was on the shorts. Crazy...

Ace Hardware in Noble is the place to go for Vibrams in Central OK! Support the store that supports disc golf in the area! :thmbup::thmbup:

Yeah man, I'll definitely hit that place up. I had not been there in a little more than a year and when I last went they only had Innova stuff. Great to hear that someone is locally carrying Vibram. I'd love to see someone locally also get in consistent stock of Latitude plastic. Norman PIAS is kind of hit and miss with Lat64 gear.

I got a pm from Chris, who I understand has spearheaded the development of that entire course down there, and he was wanting to know precisely where the sharp edge was that destroyed the disc so that he could go remedy the problem. That's awesome. I love that course as it is and it has quickly become at the top of my list of courses in this area. With his type of attention to detail and dedicated work ethic, that course is just going to become more and more amazing.

If you don't get what you want out of that trak id gladly take it off your hands, can it reliably be used as a turnover disc? Mine is a little too stable for what I want and I haven't given it anymore of a chance.

Ace Hardware in Noble is the place to go for Vibrams in Central OK! Support the store that supports disc golf in the area! /QUOTE]

Much appreciation Dan! We do what we can, one disc at a time. When it comes to Vibram's though. Your the go to in that department. The main reason I came to you for advice before stocking them. It's also the reason why you have to be on the Vibram Street Team!!! Now we carry all their molds.

Much appreciation Dan! We do what we can, one disc at a time. When it comes to Vibram's though. Your the go to in that department. The main reason I came to you for advice before stocking them. It's also the reason why you have to be on the Vibram Street Team!!! Now we carry all their molds.[/QUOTE]