• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Ridge

What's up with the older Ridges marked fade 16 and the newer fade 10? Did the mold change or did they reevaluate the flight numbers?

I do! I do! I think. The number above speed is the ideal speed in MPH for the disc to travel. The bottom number is the distance in feet if thrown at that speed, or older ones have a number to multiply by the speed to get the distance. The left and right numbers are the angle the disc will be tracking left or right when travelling 25% slower or faster than top number. In degrees. Well thought out and unwieldy. But show me a perfect system.

There was no fanfare for the release of the Ridge. No special raised letter version like the VP and Summit, and no special color like the FR Ascents.

The only ones that have appeciated in value, are the 24 Christmas Ridges, and maybe, if you had one with great colors from the first BG Ams granite run.

There were only 500 First Run Ridges made (and the only all-black ones that exist). Material is also unlike any other I've ever run across. I do have Super-Firms and granites as well, but the scarcity of the FR Ridges made me think that they were going for about 40-50+ right now. Oh well.

What's up with the older Ridges marked fade 16 and the newer fade 10? Did the mold change or did they reevaluate the flight numbers?

Reevaluated the flight numbers. They changed some of the numbers on older discs recently. That way the whole line up's numbers made more sense relative to each other.

There were only 500 First Run Ridges made (and the only all-black ones that exist). Material is also unlike any other I've ever run across. I do have Super-Firms and granites as well, but the scarcity of the FR Ridges made me think that they were going for about 40-50+ right now. Oh well.

The Super Firms, with only around 30 ever made, are alot more rare, and should command more dollars than the FR discs, even being 2 years newer.
Plus they make the most satisfying sound when they hit the chains. :)

I hear black first runs are $35-50.

Who has some of the grey Protos sitting around for me?

I think I'm settling on the Ridge for a putter. I have a Firm, Medium, and Soft. I'm looking to add a 150-class from my local birdie bash.

I like this putter.

The Ridge is awesome! I have six Ridges right now! I would like to have a couple for putting and a couple for driving. They're in-between the VP and the Summit, more towards the VP in stability, but closer to the Summit in terms of profile. Distance control is amazing with the Ridge, whether putting or driving.