• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vibram] Vibram Trak

Love the Trak

To date I've bought 5 Traks. Two were lost in open fields because their colors blending in too well with the terrain. And the last one (which also got me my second Ace) I lost forty feet out in a nasty, smelly pond.:wall:
Of late, I've been busting up some chains from about 50 to 80 feet out sidearm. Love love love this disc.:clap:

The Trak is an amazing disc. My doubles partner picked one up the day before our last even and boy did he put it to use. I picked one up the next day and am in love with it. It has the perfect turn to it and sticks when it lands.

Can anyone shed some light on what the letters mean next to the weights on the Vibram discs. For instance my Trak says "175 m" and I'm wondering what the m stands for. Thanks.

Ah, that makes sense thanks!

Is there anyway to tell if I have a first run Vibram Trak? I feel like its way overstable.

Looks like a normal run to me. What else do you have in your bag that you can throw consistently?

Looks like a normal run to me. What else do you have in your bag that you can throw consistently?

Well as far as drivers go I throw my Star Wraith pretty consistently as well as my DX Leopard. Maybe I just need to give it more time, it just feels like its taking off to the left almost immediately on my RHBH shots. And I think it supposed to be a pretty stable disc.

I will buy that from you right now.

lol yeah, I was pretty happy with my random draw on the color. Not quite ready to sell it though :)

If you can throw a Leopard correctly the Trak shouldn't be too hard. Correct flight path is a smooth S curve finishing to the right.

Buddy of mine just gave me his 9/10 Orange Trak (175g) and I am LOVING it! Open field I'm hitting 300 - 330ft. consistently and I'm really liking it in the woods for confident anhyzer drives that eventually come back. It's one of the softer ones, not sure what that's called (EDIT - probably "soft"). Biggest pro for me is the grip. I can put so much more spin on the thing than I can with slicker premium plastic and it's showing on the ol' scorecard. :thmbup: for this disc.

Last edited:
Thinking about a Trak as my first foray into the land of Vibram. I currently throw a River for my understable fairway, and I am hoping this will be similar (minus the glide). Are they pretty easy to flip up to flat? Any other recent observations on it are welcome...

Thinking about a Trak as my first foray into the land of Vibram. I currently throw a River for my understable fairway, and I am hoping this will be similar (minus the glide). Are they pretty easy to flip up to flat? Any other recent observations on it are welcome...

I tried the exact same thing. My Trak is much, much harder to turnover from flat or hyzer-flip than the River. It just sits on a shelf in my room and occasionally some field tosses for fun. I do like it. It's very straight. But it's not a river.

I tried the exact same thing. My Trak is much, much harder to turnover from flat or hyzer-flip than the River. It just sits on a shelf in my room and occasionally some field tosses for fun. I do like it. It's very straight. But it's not a river.

Thanks for checking in for me. What would you compare it to most? I have heard a TL is comparable...and what weight were you throwing? Just kind of trying to get an idea of where I should go with this thing. I know it won't be a River - I don't think anything will ever truly knock it out of the bag - but it might be nice to try something a little different.

Mine is a 167, so it is lighter weight. I dunno what I would compare it to, but my Trak has little to no high speed turn. Throw it flat, it stays flat and goes straight with minimal fade. Give it hyzer it will hold a hyzer, give it anhyzer it will turn a bit before fighting back and leveling out.

It's like it has a lot of HSS, but not a lot of LSS, so it stays flat and straight forever, but it doesn't fade hard like a lot of HSS discs might. It's a strange combination. I have an easier time turning my EagleX's than the Trak, but Eagles also fade harder.

Latest posts