• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Vicariously Lost Discs

Mad Scientist

Eagle Member
So, I've never lost a disc myself (knock on wood), but today I vicariously lost two.

I've got a loaner bag with some old discs I don't use anymore that I let a buddy borrow the other day to golf with some friends of his. Well, he calls me up tonight and asks me how much the discs I loaned him cost. I tell him, and he says he owes me about $20. Turns out he tried to throw (a DX Shark) across the pond at a local course, and came up about 6ft short. I guess they went in after it - couldn't find it, but he did find a Pro D Buzzz so I'll call that even :p Second time around, he gives it another go - with my Z Predator. I guess when he threw the Shark he really lofted it and it stalled out, so this time he throws low. Too low. It's skips once and then submarines, never to be found.

No big deal, really - that's why I have a loaner bag. Anyone else vicariously lose a disc? If so, have they offered to replace it? Do you accept?

i let my buddy throw a nice super flat first run XXX for a round and he stuck it in the top of a tree at DeLa :cry:

Back when I didn't have many discs I let my friends brother borrow my only original mold beast. He came back without it but refused to admit he lost it...luckily for him he was bigger than me n a hockey player.

Lost my favorite SSS, Black as the night, Wizard the other night when I brilliantly picked the shittiest hole I could to introduce a newer player to the world of Wizards. He let it slip out of his hands and bye-bye. Major bummer. I'm now convinced that no matter how accurately you describe how a disc flies to someone throwing it for the first time, they're going to misread it.

I think if you have the sort of course where discs are likely to end up in water, and you let someone you know to be inexperienced play it with your discs, you can't be mad when they lose 1-2 discs.

That's why most people who have loaner bags (I have one too) have them filled with discs that aren't that important to us.

In fact, my local course has lots of water and dangerous holes, so in my regular bag I keep an old junky disc or two so that I can throw across the water without having to worry about losing it.

I hate having to just make the safe throw...

Just rcently actually. Went playing with an old golf buddy of mine and loaned him a new champ Teehicken, a supercolor buzzz and a soft Ion. Th Ion and butt-ugly buzzz made it back, but the chicken managed to escape in the underbrush.

Jesse B 707 said:
i let my buddy throw a nice super flat first run XXX for a round and he stuck it in the top of a tree at DeLa :cry:

I did that to my own favorite pred. I got it out with a slingshot. I now keep the sling shot in my car at all times. if I had a bigger bag it would walk the course with me.

What's funny to me is after my buddy told me about losing the discs, he went on about how dumb it was that they make you throw over the water like that, how it's a stupid design, and blah, blah, blah. Then I asked him why he didn't just throw from the alternate tee that dosen't require you to throw over the water :roll:

Not quite lost disc...but sort of along the same idea. I was playing with a friend a few days ago and he managed to lose his favorite Champ Wraith. I carry a Star Wraith that I never throw so I just gave it to him to replace his. Today as we finish a field session/round and are a few blocks away from the course, I got a call saying somebody had found a disc with my name on it. It was the Star Wraith I gave my friend 2 days earlier hah. It all worked out in the end though.

Segovia said:
Not quite lost disc...but sort of along the same idea. I was playing with a friend a few days ago and he managed to lose his favorite Champ Wraith. I carry a Star Wraith that I never throw so I just gave it to him to replace his. Today as we finish a field session/round and are a few blocks away from the course, I got a call saying somebody had found a disc with my name on it. It was the Star Wraith I gave my friend 2 days earlier hah. It all worked out in the end though.

Your avatar is great, got a higher res version of that.

Frank Delicious said:
Segovia said:

Your avatar is great, got a higher res version of that.

There's a few in this album. I didn't have my real cameras with me at the time...so they are all from my iPhone but they still turned out pretty nicely.

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y87/MrBluesBreaker/