• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Thanks. The first Euro win is probably good for the sport globally if it ever happens.

Looking at the stats plus driving distance difference between US and European FPO players and the lady European champs staying home looked like it was gonna be a no brainer for team US but Natalie and the men really charged hard and made this the most interesting and tight PC ever. Great!!!

Finnish doubles championships 2013 round 1 with Tomas Carnecki/Antti Kärkkäinen and Teemu Nissinen/Seppo Paju in Kivikko Helsinki. It is a new course that has not been seen on video fully before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slOKY21FedY

Finnish Open 2013 final part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpw0_7Dapjg

Finnish Open 2013 final part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKGsETjQJp0

They have footage of previous rounds too. The video guy Ville Honkonen is a pro video and photo guy. It is on topic too since he filmed with us at the Finnish Open 2010. Check out the insane speed and distance from Juho and Simon on the shot filmed from high up. I loved how Tomas Ekstöm first thought that the course is too tough. He has two world titles. Check it out because it is a new course that has not been covered so extensively with top players. And it is a nice course.

Yes, I kind of figured Ville would go under the "others" on the topic :) And as a local I know exactly what holes Tomas is talking about (holes 10-12 in this layout), as the rough on those holes is very dense. You can see Juho having to pitch out at 3:10 of the second video, and the shot at Simon at 3:33 shows quite well how dense it is when you go off the fairway. You can also see it right at the beginning of the second video when you look at the left and right side forests when they are teeing off on 10. Luckily it's not that bad in most places, but those three holes have a lot of that.

It is an interesting point that Tomas brings that it's not really fun having to putt out of the rough and having no other options than to do just that. In less dense rough, where you have windows to throw forward and recover, the recovery shots are often interesting and challenging. There's nothing interesting nor challenging about a 15' putt out of the rough. Then again, when the rough is so punishing, the tee shot becomes very challenging and interesting, when you know you can't afford to miss and go off the fairway. I think in moderate amount such thick rough is reasonable, and on this course it really is at its worst at holes 7 and 10-12. In other places it can actually be fairly open (for a forest).

And yes, the channel also contains other videos from the tournament, and some interviews. I purposefully only posted the final round as that was the only round that was covered fully shot for shot.

Finnish championships day one compilation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV6jjjmb3xQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUA6x-UqDXSHuJahZel2jN6A

We are working on day two compilation now with commentary by Juho Parviainen who took the lead in MPO with a -11 round.

We have been busy lately so check out the rest of the European Open final on Youtube channel Spin TV.

We also made rush jobs daily at the Finnish Championships 2013 of the first three days and lcgm8 is now pushing up the image quality even further so day four compilation is not ready yet. In the meantime check out the first three videos and especially the first shot of day 3. She is 13 and threw 360' age twelve and now she is pushing 400'. Her father told me that there haven't been distance competitions close enough to get her the official world distance records for her age but there you have a nice taster of her ripping in the rain finishing eight in FPO after one year of playing while being a top national level swimmer:

She will have seven weekly swimming practices next year. She was equal to boys in soccer and ice hockey playing with the boys when she was younger.

Translations are necessary for the international viewers so the few holes with Pasi Koivu were displayed because he made the course record to take the lead after Juho Parviainen took the lead with a 1053 rated -11 on day two. Juho commented on how he threw in the previous video in Finnish and will join Pasi in the lead group for the final in second place. Jalle Stoor and Lassi Hakulinen complete the lead card. On the second day video Juho tells how he likes to drive hyzer flips with Omegas of different wear levels even in headwinds. And how a tree kick didn't matter because the disc would have gotten to putting distance even if that tree wouldn't have been there. He missed the putt because of poor concentration. Grip lock on a later hole and altogether we counted that removing the mistakes he has the potential for a -15 on that round. Pasi had a 1085 rated -14 on day three.

On the day two video Ellinoora Heikkilä tells of her straight for the basket R-Pro Aviar hole in one on hole 17.

Oh my, 13 yrs old and 400', for a girl?? OH MY!!

I tried the link but it says it doesn't exist. Hope you get it working. I'm dying to see this kid throw.

Great round ratings! I want to see Juho flip an Omega. How far does he push it??

Must be the girl who threw over 100km/h at the speed radar in the European Open activity zone. The link is broken tho. I assume there shouldn't be that ... in the middle of the video ID.

It works in this small window now in the earlier post. Windowing it so small here is something i loathe to do because it does not do justice to what lcgm8 achieves with video quality fullscreen.

I did not ask how far Juho Parviainen throws the Omegas but in Big D 8 he was second with 201 meters. I assume those Omegas go a long way when needed.

Juha said that there is another young girl in Finland that bombs out as far as men in Vihioja weeklies so i have no clue as to who was the 100 km/h+ throwing girl. Funny i throw farther with slower speeds. Spin i assume. Juho said that a low spin vs high spin drive can be 60-100' shorter.

JR said:
It works in this small window now in the earlier post. Windowing it so small here is something i loathe to do because it does not do justice to what lcgm8 achieves with video quality fullscreen.

I did not ask how far Juho Parviainen throws the Omegas but in Big D 8 he was second with 201 meters. I assume those Omegas go a long way when needed.

Juha said that there is another young girl in Finland that bombs out as far as men in Vihioja weeklies so i have no clue as to who was the 100 km/h+ throwing girl. Funny i throw farther with slower speeds. Spin i assume. Juho said that a low spin vs high spin drive can be 60-100' shorter.

I still have no idea why the site admin here has decided that it's a good idea to prevent fullscreen in youtube embeds. Fortunately the embedded player has a link to youtube as well.

Finnish Championships 2013 final day compilation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeAVsmG2Zio

Again the first throw is from the 13 year old prodigy girl. Check it out and see if you can mimic the form and the power of the follow through especially.

Finnish doubles championships round 2 worst shot format on Youtube channel ramirokka:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkrSipLP_cE
Jalle Stoor/Nils Iso-Markku & Kalle Savonen/Mikko Laihonen playing.

Finnish doubles championships 2013 moves to the more viewer friendly alternate shot format and another course at Tali, Helsinki on the next day for round 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR8sZ8IaH-k

Lassi Hakulinen/Jukka Leinonen & Nils Iso-Markku/Jalle Stoor playing.

Nah the winds weren't that much of a problem on the second day at Tali compared to what they were especially on the hill tops at Kivikko where gusts might well have been 30 MPH. Tali has some tree protection in many places but since the sea is close by jets of air might penetrate the most open gaps between the trees any time pushing a perfectly flying disc off course at any time. Sometimes with dramatic deviation from normal flight once the air hammer hits. Sure there were winds and it played a part. The ladies and juniors played in Kivikko on the second day and they said that it was ridiculous at Kivikko. As if it weren't bad enough for open on the first day. Check out how the putters (P2) of Jalle and Nils flew during round 2 vs Jokeris of Kalle and i think Mikko was throwing them too. Jokeri is a brick running on rails vs most putters when the winds pick up.

Sea shores are windy. Big time at times. Trees fall down annually in spring and fall storms especially at Tali. One tree seemed to be split by lightning strike this year. We had to cut the tree down partially because parts of it were leaning against other trees creating a hazard each time someone would go near. You never know what tensioned trees will do and when they fall down or spring like catapults whacking you. So yes weather is an issue here half of the year and it overlaps some with the looong and fairly cold winter.

The humidity makes the cold feel worse so we get some conditioning and practice opportunities to handle the weather and winds. For me it sure dictates the bag and sets requirements for disc characteristics. Not necessarily too different from my calm weather preferences but a little. Gliding objects are not that easy to make fly straight with confidence with little to no fade in the storms and gusts we get much of the time.

Copenhagen Open the Major 2013 final part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVU22IITU8k&feature=c4-overview&list=UUA6x-UqDXSHuJahZel2jN6A

Locastro, McBeth, Owens and Shusterick playing.

Latest posts