• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VIRGINIA Disc Golf EVENTS

Spike Hyzer Presents:
Blockhouse Labor Day Open
VA Conf Event 5 Tournament
Pro/Am B Spotsylvania, VA Sat-Sun, Aug 31-Sep 1

Maurertown FLY

FLY
PDGA C-TIER EVENT
SEPTEMBER 15th 2013
MAURERTOWN VIRGINIA

ENTRY FEES:
ALL PRO DIVISIONS $40
ADVANCED AM DIVISIONS $30
INTERMEDIATE AM $25
RECREATIONAL $20
ALL LADIES $20
(Please add $2 to all Pay-Pal Registrations)
(Add $10 if not a current PDGA member)

TIMES:
8:00-8:45 CHECK-IN 9:00 PLAYERS MEETING 9:20 START

Brandon Bailey - [email protected] - 571.762.3509

INFORMATION:
CTPs » Trophies » ACE-POT
Raffle for a Disc Golf bag and discs
3 Rounds of 15 holes @ Signal View DGC

DIRECTIONS:
380 Park Lane, Maurertown, VA 22644

SPONSOR OPPORTUNITY - Tee-Sign display (8.5X11) - Printed in Program and on Scorecards
ADD $20 and contact Brandon Bailey

*** PAYPAL available at [email protected] ***

CHECKS PAYABLE to Brandon Bailey - 20393 Marguritte Square - Sterling VA 20165
THANK YOU for supporting the Maurertown FLY

15 holes this year - GREAT COURSE!!!

I'm hoping to play Mauertown Fly if I can get out there for a practice round ahead of time. Freaking life really interferes with disc golf, yanno?

FLY
PDGA C-TIER EVENT
SEPTEMBER 15th 2013
MAURERTOWN VIRGINIA

ENTRY FEES:
ALL PRO DIVISIONS $40
ADVANCED AM DIVISIONS $30
INTERMEDIATE AM $25
RECREATIONAL $20
ALL LADIES $20
(Please add $2 to all Pay-Pal Registrations)
(Add $10 if not a current PDGA member)

TIMES:
8:00-8:45 CHECK-IN 9:00 PLAYERS MEETING 9:20 START

Brandon Bailey - [email protected] - 571.762.3509

INFORMATION:
CTPs » Trophies » ACE-POT
Raffle for a Disc Golf bag and discs
3 Rounds of 15 holes @ Signal View DGC

DIRECTIONS:
380 Park Lane, Maurertown, VA 22644

SPONSOR OPPORTUNITY - Tee-Sign display (8.5X11) - Printed in Program and on Scorecards
ADD $20 and contact Brandon Bailey

*** PAYPAL available at [email protected] ***

CHECKS PAYABLE to Brandon Bailey - 20393 Marguritte Square - Sterling VA 20165
THANK YOU for supporting the Maurertown FLY

15 holes this year - GREAT COURSE!!!

Are the extra 6 holes temporary baskets for the event or does signal view have more baskets in the ground now?

I play Signal View pretty regularly and to my knowledge there are plans in the future to expand the course to 18 holes, but as of right now I'd imagine the extra holes are going to be temp holes.

Are the extra 6 holes temporary baskets for the event or does signal view have more baskets in the ground now?

There are going to be 6 temp baskets and 7 NEW holes --- the course is shaping up to be one of the top 5 in Virginia.

The course is one of the most challenging, while beautiful --- long long long, but with many "golf shots" required and plenty of wooded holes to balance the more open field shots --- rarely is there a flat area as rolling hills dominate the land. The 3 tees and 2 basket placements allow for all levels of play, but this really is a tournament course.

I am hoping as more players are exposed to the course, that the word gets out about the quality. The park director Pam, and staff, have really put a lot of work and time into that course.

We will be playing 3 rounds of 15 holes and are 100% on an 18 hole course in 2014.

Upcoming Tourneys SWVA, KATS (Private course in Floyd) Sat. OCT> 5th

Kat's DGC OPEN
Disc Golf Tournament
PDGA sanctioned C-TIER EVENT
Saturday, October 5th, 2013
Kats DGC (PRIVATE COURSE), Floyd, VA
Pro-$50, Advanced--$30, Int/Junior/Ladies--$30
Registration 8:30-9:30, Tee time 10:00—2 rounds

Pre-registration available at discgolfunited.com
Please subtract $10 if a current PDGA member
Contact Tournament Director Josh Taft at 540-505-4151 or [email protected]; or Dave Wert at [email protected].

NOTES FOR KATS DGC:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Parking IS NOT provided/available on the gravel drive leading up to the house at 790 Beaver Creek Road - it is on the backside of the property in the back field only! To get to this location, please follow these directions:

COURSE PARKING DIRECTIONS:
• From Route 8, make a right on County Road 705/Beaver Creek Road (which is approximately 7 miles north of Floyd) if traveling south from Riner (make a left on Beaver Creek Road if traveling north from Floyd), and travel approximately 1.3 miles.
• You will see a small pond on the right side of the road, five (5) road reflectors, and three mailboxes (one labeled with an address of 790). Please DO NOT take the graveled driveway that runs up the hill on the left-side of the road. No general parking is available around the home.
• Go about 1/4 mile further up the road, up a hill and around a curve to the left, where you will see two trees marked in neon color on the left - go up the dirt ramp between the marked trees.
• As soon as you pass into the open field past the dirt ramp (approximately 100 feet from Beaver Creek Road), veer slightly left and park on the slight rise/ridge around and between the clusters of pine trees.
• Hole #1 is back toward the house (approximately 250 yards on the path to the Northwest of the parking area).

Admission to KAT'S Disc Golf Course is by appointment only. Please contact Dave Wert at 540-239-5462 or [email protected] to set up an appointment.

Each player will receive a copy of the Course Rules and a Waiver of Liability form either before or upon his or her first game played at KAT'S Disc Golf Course. Player's admittance to the course is contingent upon return of the Waiver of Liability form to course owners. Anyone on the course premises without both an approved appointment and signed Waiver of Liability on record will be deemed a trespasser on the premises.

COURSE RULES

1) No play should be attempted that would endanger any player on the course.
2) No smoking at any time! There are too many dry white pine and dry brush piles around the area that pose a very high fire threat to the entire community.
3) No drugs (including alcohol) at any time. There are too many hazards (i.e., old barb wire fences, lose stones, brush piles, sharp broken lower tree branches, slippery steep slopes, etc.) along and near the fairways that can injure someone if they aren't paying close attention - safety first!
4) Please do not use profanity or make excessively loud noises! Sound carries far and wide to the neighbors in the valley along the creek.
5) Good sportsmanship rules are to be observed.
6) No littering (any trash that is brought in must be taken out).
7) Be alert for old barb-wire, old wire fencing, and large brush piles that are found throughout the property. Take a 2-meter relief from barb wire, and up to a five-meter relief from brush piles - in line with and behind the line of flight to the basket. If a play is considered to be "unplayable", take a one-stroke penalty and throw from last position.
8) A two-meter rule IS NOT in effect on this course.
9) There are no bathrooms available on the course (other than the limited privacy a large tree or bush can provide).
10) Players play at their own risk. Under no circumstances will the owner of the course be held liable for any injury or loss suffered while on the premises.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I recognize and agree that my admission to KAT'S Disc Golf Course is contingent upon my signing the RELEASE and WAIVER below, and therefore I am receiving a benefit in exchange for signing this RELEASE and WAIVER, and it is binding on me. I agree that this RELEASE and WAIVER is also binding on my heirs, executors, administrators and legal representatives. In signing the RELEASE and WAIVER, I hereby acknowledge that I have read the RELEASE and WAIVER, I understand it and agree to it voluntarily, that I am 18 years of age or older and of sound mind, or being less than 18 years of age have co-signed with my parent or legal guardian, as the case may be. Note - A Parent or Guardian must sign if player is under 18 years of age.
RELEASE and WAIVER of LIABILITY
I, the undersigned, agree that I have received, read, and will abide by the course rules. I hereby fully release and hold harmless David & Barbara Wert from all liability of personal damage or injury which I may incur before, during or after my participation in this event. I accept full and sole responsibility for any damage I may cause through negligence and/or malice, including damages or injuries caused by my own throws in practice or competition

Name (Printed): _________________________________ E-Mail: ______________________________

Signature: __________________________________________ Date: ____________________________

Dirty Discin @ MTN Lake

Dirty Discin @ Mountain Lake
Disc Golf Tournament
Saturday, October 19th, 2013
Trophy Only
Mountain Lake Resort, Pembroke, VA
Pro-$55, Advanced--$35 Int/Junior/Ladies--$35
Registration 8:30-9:30, Tee time 10:00—2 rounds
Current PDGA members subtract $10
Pre-registration available at discgolfunited.com

Contact Tournament Director at 540-505-4151 or [email protected]
Players Pack Crystal Meteor or Crystal Nuke SS

$5 dollars of entry fee goes to conservancy

Directions to Mountain Lake Disc Golf Course.
FROM Blacksburg – 460 West T/R on Mountain Lake Road. Follow to top of mountain. Before passing hotel T/L onto golf links ln. Proceed 1.5 mi T/L on golf course rd(gravel road). Follow golf course road to top of meadow. Hole 1 is on your right. Follow signs for parking on day of tournament. Normal parking available on right before Hole 1 blue teebox.

Hawk Hollow Open- Pro
PDGA C Tier
October 19-20
Dinner included in entry, hot pepper eating, texas hold-em, etc.
Vegan Ray Barbecue available for lunch.
see spotsydiscgolf.com for complete info.

It's BRAWL time in Va. I've heard the first 2 dates already, I think it was Staunton this weekend and Dublin the 28th. Does anyone know the rest?

this is what Vince emailed out:
21-Dec Montgomery Hall Park, Staunton

4-Jan Randolph Park, Dublin

18-Jan Sontag, Rocky Mount

25-Jan Walnut Creek Park, Charlottesville

8-Feb Big Branch, Bedford

15-Feb Elk Creek, Appomattox

1-Mar Devil's Playground, Nellysford

15-Mar Timber Ridge/Finals, Bedford

virginia point series

Is their a link with any info on the Virginia point series? I saw the schedule but i dont know time, price, how many rounds, etc....

Latest posts