• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VIRGINIA Disc Golf EVENTS

Does anyone know if or when there will be a PDGA event list posted for 2014 for Virginia? The Brawl series definitely looks interesting but chances I won't be getting out much until after Blowing Green.

Thanks for any insight!

I'm surprised it's not out already. I know the state coordinators from Va/Md/De were trying to get together to work on the schedule a couple weeks ago and got iced out. It will get posted on Spotsydiscgolf.com eventually.

What I know directly:
Betty Queen Center C-tier last weekend of February.
Loriella Challenge first week of March
Hawk Hollow Warmup (non PDGA) March 15
VTI March 22-23 (non PDGA)
Tour de Richmond last week of April
Two Days in May and other events - 6 PDGA events in 10 days leading up to Memorial Day
Hawk Hollow Open second and third weeks in October

Bob has it up on our private calendar we use between State Coordinators, but not sure if it's public yet.

I actually never make the NC one public b/c there are so many changes.

Thanks for the info, Biscoe and MTL. I would love to play the Loriella Challenge, I really like that course. By first week do you mean probably March 1st and 2nd, during the week, or March 7th and 8th? I know you may not know yet if at all, just asking.

I can only play tournaments every other weekend, and that schedule won't change any time soon, that's why I ask for such specifics. Not trying to bother anybody, especially the people that take the time to give awesome responses! :thmbup:

EDIT: Schedule is now up on Spotsy! Thanks again.

Last edited:
Won't let me edit my post again, but the schedule is totally not up, haha. That's 2013's schedule.

Loriella challenge ams is 3/1...pros is 3/2.

No bother- I would give more complete responses but I'm away from my home computer for a while.

Blue Ridge Area Winter League XI

The BRAWL is back!! The eleventh annual Blue Ridge Area Winter League kicks off at Greenfield Park in Daleville on December 20, 2014. The league will consist of eight disc golf tournaments from December 20, 2014 through March 14, 2015. BRAWL XI will showcase the courses of western Virginia including Randolph Park in Dublin, Greenfield Park in Daleville, Elk Creek in Appomattox, Sontag in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Hall Park in Staunton, Big Branch and Timber Ridge, which are private, temporary courses near Bedford, and a temporary 18-hole course on the grounds of Devil's Backbone Brewery in Nellysford, VA. The awards ceremony will be after the finish of the final tournament at Timber Ridge. Check out FarmDiscGolf.net for more information or directions, or e-mail [email protected]. Please check the website for information on cancellations due to bad weather.

Each tournament is two rounds. Registration is from 8-9am, followed by a players' meeting, and tee off at 9:30 sharp. Pro divisions $20, Amateur/Juniors $15, and Ladies free!!! Please note the change in entry fee from previous years. We will also offer a pro masters division (Age 45+) and
Intermediate Amateur division this year. All amateurs, Juniors, and Ladies get an Innova disc when they sign in. Please pack your lunch—the second round will start 45min after the last card is in!

BRAWL XI is a points series with a simple format. Four divisions will be offered—Pro (Open/Masters), Ladies, Amateur (Advanced/Intermediate) and Junior. A player receives one point for entering, one point for each person beaten within your division and bonus points for the top 5 finishers (7-1st, 4-2nd, 3-3rd-2-4th,1-5th.) Only a player's best six finishes may be used in the final results. This year, the points for the Open and Am division at each tournament will assume a minimum field of 20 participants.

Innova is sponsoring the BRAWL again this year! A portion of the entry fee at each one-day tournament will be withheld from each division. This money goes toward a perpetual trophy for the overall division winners, prizes for the top four Ams, prizes for the top lady, and a 'Skins Match' for the top four Pro point leaders to be held at the awards ceremony. Ace Pool and a CTP will be included in every entry. The overall Am champion will win an Innova basket again this year!

20-Dec
Greenfield Park, Daleville
3-Jan
Big Branch, Bedford
10-Jan
Montgomery Hall Park, Staunton
24-Jan
Randolph Park, Dublin
7-Feb
Sontag, Rocky Mount
21-Feb
Elk Creek, Appomattox
28-Feb
Devil's Playground, Nellysford
14-Mar
Timber Ridge/Finals, Bedford

FarmDiscGolf.net

Blue Ridge Area Winter League XI

The BRAWL is back!! The eleventh annual Blue Ridge Area Winter League kicks off at Greenfield Park in Daleville on December 20, 2014. The league will consist of eight disc golf tournaments from December 20, 2014 through March 14, 2015. BRAWL XI will showcase the courses of western Virginia including Randolph Park in Dublin, Greenfield Park in Daleville, Elk Creek in Appomattox, Sontag in Rocky Mount, Montgomery Hall Park in Staunton, Big Branch and Timber Ridge, which are private, temporary courses near Bedford, and a temporary 18-hole course on the grounds of Devil's Backbone Brewery in Nellysford, VA. The awards ceremony will be after the finish of the final tournament at Timber Ridge. Check out FarmDiscGolf.net for more information or directions, or e-mail [email protected]. Please check the website for information on cancellations due to bad weather.

Each tournament is two rounds. Registration is from 8-9am, followed by a players' meeting, and tee off at 9:30 sharp. Pro divisions $20, Amateur/Juniors $15, and Ladies free!!! Please note the change in entry fee from previous years. We will also offer a pro masters division (Age 45+) and
Intermediate Amateur division this year. All amateurs, Juniors, and Ladies get an Innova disc when they sign in. Please pack your lunch—the second round will start 45min after the last card is in!

BRAWL XI is a points series with a simple format. Four divisions will be offered—Pro (Open/Masters), Ladies, Amateur (Advanced/Intermediate) and Junior. A player receives one point for entering, one point for each person beaten within your division and bonus points for the top 5 finishers (7-1st, 4-2nd, 3-3rd-2-4th,1-5th.) Only a player's best six finishes may be used in the final results. This year, the points for the Open and Am division at each tournament will assume a minimum field of 20 participants.

Innova is sponsoring the BRAWL again this year! A portion of the entry fee at each one-day tournament will be withheld from each division. This money goes toward a perpetual trophy for the overall division winners, prizes for the top four Ams, prizes for the top lady, and a 'Skins Match' for the top four Pro point leaders to be held at the awards ceremony. Ace Pool and a CTP will be included in every entry. The overall Am champion will win an Innova basket again this year!

20-Dec
Greenfield Park, Daleville
3-Jan
Big Branch, Bedford
10-Jan
Montgomery Hall Park, Staunton
24-Jan
Randolph Park, Dublin
7-Feb
Sontag, Rocky Mount
21-Feb
Elk Creek, Appomattox
28-Feb
Devil's Playground, Nellysford
14-Mar
Timber Ridge/Finals, Bedford

FarmDiscGolf.net

Is it okay to play in just one or two of these tournaments? Thanks!

Yes, you can play as many as you want. If you do though, really do bring lunch and whatever else you may need. There aren't a lot of places to get food and drinks near to most of these courses.

Yes, you can play as many as you want. If you do though, really do bring lunch and whatever else you may need. There aren't a lot of places to get food and drinks near to most of these courses.

I will definitely come fully stocked for lunch, with multiple weather contingencies covered as well :).

Another FYI for those who haven't been to Timber Ridge and Big Branch, they are on a working cattle farm. Hopefully the cow poo pies are frozen solid. Just bring extra shoes to wear home if you happen to step in one.