• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

visiting oregon this summer

Zfreeman43

I am planning on visiting Oregon this summer! Any one got suggestions on courses to play near the junction city area? Or any tag tournaments on weekends?

Junction City??? I just moved from there two years ago. The closest course is thirty minutes away.

If you make it to Albany to play Bryant, hit me up. Bryant is one of the best in the valley.

Blah to what's said so far

Best in Oregon are Whistlers Bend, Milo McIvor, Pier Park and Stub Stewart. Plan around those. All but Pier have camping and Stub and Whisterls have yurts for rent with prior planning.

Others to plan on your way through are the Willamette Valley courses; Adair, Bryant, Willammette, Dexter, Cottage Grove. Also Tom Pearce in the south, Dexter near Eugene, and Timber near Milo.

any distance will be fine Im planning on trying to make it to some of the best an hornings is on that list... If I decide to move there where would be the best area to move to? I prefer somewhere near DG courses obviously...

I was only able to make it to Pier when I was out there about a year ago. I liked it, aside from the constant rain, along with the two other family members that played with me.

any distance will be fine Im planning on trying to make it to some of the best an hornings is on that list... If I decide to move there where would be the best area to move to? I prefer somewhere near DG courses obviously...

State:

Whistler's Bend
Milo McIver
Hornings Hideout

Close to Junction City:

Adair
Dexter
Bryant
Cottage Grove
Waterloo
Willamette

If you want to live near the most disc golf courses you probably want to live in Portland.

Portland is biggest in the area. If you need someone to show you around Horning's I can do that.

Hippy007

Zfreeman, Best in state that I have played = Whistler's Bend, Hornings (the big one up past the trout pond), Pier Park and Adair. Best of these that is close to you in Junction City? Adair and I like Willamette that is south of Corvallis too.
Where to live? Depends on other stuff that is important to you. I like the college towns in OR that I have visited - Eugene and Corvallis.... and Portland is an impressive city. I would spend some time checking out the areas - road trip? yeah! From Whistlers Bend up to Hornings - up or down I-5 with the detour through Corvallis on the 99W (Junction City is on this road - watch your speed through here). Have some fun. Great bookstores, restaurants, etc. - I confess to being an OR fan....