• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

VOTING for OKTHROWBERFEST 2012

vote for your top 3

• Bones of Terror

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Skull Candy

Votes: 61 15.3%
  • Drawn in Blood

Votes: 179 44.8%
  • Glass Skull

Votes: 59 14.8%
  • Calvin the Zombie

Votes: 52 13.0%
  • Skullfire

Votes: 28 7.0%
  • Join Us

Votes: 124 31.0%
  • starry night

Votes: 56 14.0%
  • Night Of The Discing Dead

Votes: 75 18.8%
  • Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin

Votes: 57 14.3%
  • The End of Evil

Votes: 125 31.3%
  • Corn Crazy

Votes: 20 5.0%
  • Sweet Tooth

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Green Diablo

Votes: 32 8.0%
  • Mastodon the Hunter

Votes: 31 7.8%
  • Ty died

Votes: 78 19.5%
  • Creepy

Votes: 50 12.5%
  • Black Widows

Votes: 14 3.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Teamtapin, loved the starry night, what did you use for the "white" brushstrokes?

I was wondering the same thing - and was partly what made me vote for it. Apart from being beautiful, the "white work" was amazing.

And knowing how it was done now, just makes me appreciate it even more. That has taken patience and precison and an incredible sense of where you were going.

@end of evil, going back to some of my "glass" roots and made a dye for myself. A Crystal buzzz 175g beauty that I through at my park the day after I submitted the picture. It will be my personal thrower unless somebody offers me a ridiculous amount of money.

It is beautiful, BMB. I was floored when I saw it.

Well "new guy " DTP, it was YOU who inspired me to combine the stained glass look with painting. Man, it was a lot harder than it looks. The dye takes effect so quickly and is so irreversible it is quite tricky. I must say though, if the core is already laid down, if you apply a little plain acetone and then smear with a towel you can blend colors nicely almost like if you were doing a charcoal drawing

The painting came out great BMB, what really floors me is the detail in the outer ring, so easy to get bleeds when you push it that far out. Excellent execution!

VD it was the link to the voter's page.

I do want to mention that the skullfire entry was a joint effort. Skulboy was kind enough to contribute the skull stencil, I had hoped to do a little better job on my end, the enhancing part!

And I would like to mention the trials and tribulations that went in to that disc. I did a test on an old beat up disc that worked ok but needed some improvements. I didn't get back to it till the Saturday prior to deadline. I had a sweet white star destroyer i was gonna put it on with the star destroyer part of the stamp ghosted. When I put it in it's second marble I put it in the oven, supposed to be at 200 for 5 minutes while I got ready to walk the dog and a get a few throws in. Unfortunately I forgot to turn off the oven before I went out and cooked that disc for 2 hrs! So at 7pm Saturday I realized that I had no disc for the contest. I dug into my stash, found a white star aviar and did my best on sunday morning!

My complete lack of dyeing experience had me worried that I was hampering your style with the illustration I sent you.
Very much appreciated the opportunity to get in on Octhrowberfest and congrats to all who created such outstanding artwork. Amazing stuff.

I was wondering the same thing - and was partly what made me vote for it. Apart from being beautiful, the "white work" was amazing.

And knowing how it was done now, just makes me appreciate it even more. That has taken patience and precison and an incredible sense of where you were going.

Thanks bombmk... and everyone who has shown "Starry Night" some love... it was inspired by the art on this site... I wanted to try something that no one else has done... which is very hard to do these days... I am very happy with the way it came out but I'm more excited about using some of these new techniques I've learned... once again thanks to everyone here and a special thanks to Bennett.

I was glad to see the Great Pumpkin get the love, it sent me back to a simpler time and it felt good. That's what art is supposed to do, make you feel something! It got my vote, nicely done S. Cann.

Thanks for the props! I just got into dyeing over the Summer, but I have a strong background in drawing, painting, and cutting with an X-acto, so I have taken to dyeing fairly quickly. I have also have the added advantage of living in the same city and getting to study under the master (Bennett). Glad you enjoyed the design! I was trying to think a little bit outside the box while staying with the October theme.

I came really close to doing a great pumpkin dye to go with my calvin dye. It was a great idea.

I'm not sure where else to put this, but I'll mail my disc (Corn Crazy) to anybody that wants to trade any un-dyed disc. Mine is a 170-ish Ace Race 2012 disc. I threw it a few times for the ace race, but haven't thrown it since I dyed it. Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it to you.

hopefully in years to come disc dying will be big enough on here so we can have like 3 different category's: painting, marbling, and traditional. that would be sweet! i wanna try out this hand painting thing. ive always had a liking for art, and disc dying is probably one of the best things in the world! it combines disc golf, art, and creativity! loved all the dyes this year and hopefully ill get some dyes submitted for next year! again, great job guys!

now i guess i could tell you guys the dyes i woulda done if i woulda got my discs in the mail (stupid usps lost em) i woulda done: sarah palin vampire campaign style picture with "america's next president" on it (it was the scariest thing i could think of!!) and i woulda done bart simpson in the classroom (from the intro) with wringing in blood "okthrober fest 2012... is not for noobs"

I'm not sure where else to put this, but I'll mail my disc (Corn Crazy) to anybody that wants to trade any un-dyed disc. Mine is a 170-ish Ace Race 2012 disc. I threw it a few times for the ace race, but haven't thrown it since I dyed it. Send me a PM with your address and I'll get it to you.

pm'd! That was one of the ones I voted for

I'm a little behind the times as work has got me traveling more. I have to say as soon as I saw DIB I got a chubby. I'm a big skull guy. Love that dye. Join us was pretty sick Bennet pretty sick in f-ing deed. All of the dyes this year were very good, but those 2 in particular jumped out at me. Nice work guys.

Latest posts