• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] vroc approved

Tweet just went out saying the Vroc3 first batch is officially sold out.

Jussi is on the facebook groups weathering a storm a of rotten people and comments, but accepting full blame for the issues. Well done to him being honest about this release and the technical issues!

jingleallthewaygif1.gif

Got a red.. cant be too greedy with these releases. If you add all four colors and you finally get to the end and one is sold out your whole order gets restarted.

judging from facebook responses, most people that went for multiples got left out while a lot of people that got just one lucked out.

i went for a red thinking it would be one of the least desirable and got it. game planning win.

judging from facebook responses, most people that went for multiples got left out while a lot of people that got just one lucked out.

i went for a red thinking it would be one of the least desirable and got it. game planning win.

Just sold my red that I dont even have yet for $75 after one message on facebook. Made $44 for doing absolutely nothing, thats why so many people go nuts over these releases.

Just sold my red that I dont even have yet for $75 after one message on facebook. Made $44 for doing absolutely nothing, thats why so many people go nuts over these releases.

Good for you, but I am judging the person buying from you hard.

It's funny reading all the whining on FB.
"I was using four devices with two windows open on each device and the damn site was slow"!

No sh*t Sherlock! lol

Wow that guy must be like at least a 1020 rated disc collector. It's going to be fun watching the ebay bidding for the immaculate crystals.

Last edited:
And this is exactly why I don't collect disc's anymore. I used to piss away all sorts of money on first run and/or proto disc's in hopes that they would go up in value. About the only thing that has been the real deal are CE Roc's from 2001-2004, anything CE related and Proto Star Destroyers. All of the other stuff is just crap that people overpay for these days.

And this is exactly why I don't collect disc's anymore. I used to piss away all sorts of money on first run and/or proto disc's in hopes that they would go up in value. About the only thing that has been the real deal are CE Roc's from 2001-2004, anything CE related and Proto Star Destroyers. All of the other stuff is just crap that people overpay for these days.

This.

The collector market is over saturated these days. Guys hoping to make money of anything now, well yeah flipping crap now may work, but the guy buying the overpriced flip, well he's the sucker I think. Every collector market plummets at some point except the truly rare items.

Could the VRoc be the next CE 2001? Possibly but I wouldn't count on it. The only reason people are paying for it now is it says Roc on it. If it were called the Warbler or Heron I doubt we'd even hear a peep. The reality is this isn't a Roc in terms of variations, not in my opinion it isn't. It's closer to a Mako if anything.

The disc golf collector market is full of bums and divorced dads trying to pay their rent. If I see another "PFN dude - totally OOP sweetness!" for $50 bucks I'm gonna either laugh or puke - maybe both, at the same time.

Jussi is on the facebook groups weathering a storm a of rotten people and comments, but accepting full blame for the issues. Well done to him being honest about this release and the technical issues!

Ack. Poor Jussi. He doesn't deserve crap for this. Everyone knew it was going to be a cluster of a release because of the demand. It was kind of a loose loose for them: He can't price it too high, they can only run so many, the tournament only needs to raise so much money, and people are going to be disappointed regardless.

I mean, how can you market a disc towards collectors if its a widely available release and everyone has a fair chance to score one?

Also, I hate the collectors market. Not so much for old, hard to find, or OOP stuff but for new releases like this.

Ack. Poor Jussi. He doesn't deserve crap for this. Everyone knew it was going to be a cluster of a release because of the demand. It was kind of a loose loose for them: He can't price it too high, they can only run so many, the tournament only needs to raise so much money, and people are going to be disappointed regardless.

I mean, how can you market a disc towards collectors if its a widely available release and everyone has a fair chance to score one?

Also, I hate the collectors market. Not so much for old, hard to find, or OOP stuff but for new releases like this.

Stuff happens. Lesson here: if you're only selling 200, do not hype it up so much. They will sell regardless. Post once somewhere on the open internet and stop. And if you're going to run an ecommerce site, let people put something in their cart and have 15 minutes to pay for it.

I kind of disagree with everything you said. Discmania hyped this thing to the skies AND it is called "Roc" and there are super limited quantities. They should have known they would have LOTS of people trying to buy these and stress tested their site beforehand. It wasn't a "lose lose" for Discmania; I'm sure they were the ones trying to get Innova to let them sell this batch of discs and they probably were involved in the creation of the disc as well. They should apologize for their crappy site which couldn't handle the demand because Discmania brought the demand down on themselves.

Don't get me wrong, I like Jussi. He has apologized and hopefully the Thursday release will go better. These are sweet looking discs (love the stamp). I also have nothing wrong with releasing something as a collectible in limited quantities. It allows them to charge a bit more to raise more money for the tournament. I like the idea of waves of collectibility (from the 10 on eBay that are most collectible and will be most expensive to the multi-colored ones coming out Thursday which were produced in the largest quantities and will probably be the cheapest). There seems to be plenty of demand in the market for releases like this, so why fight it?

As to whether they fly like a "good" Roc or not, that's just a risk that the folks jumping on the bandwagon to buy one are taking (assuming any of them want to throw it at all). It's a risk with any brand new mold which isn't really any different for these. I don't really understand all the hate thrown at the collectors' market, but maybe I'm not old and crotchety enough.

I kind of disagree with everything you said. Discmania hyped this thing to the skies AND it is called "Roc" and there are super limited quantities. They should have known they would have LOTS of people trying to buy these and stress tested their site beforehand. It wasn't a "lose lose" for Discmania; I'm sure they were the ones trying to get Innova to let them sell this batch of discs and they probably were involved in the creation of the disc as well. They should apologize for their crappy site which couldn't handle the demand because Discmania brought the demand down on themselves.

People were going to miss out. It was inevitable. No use being butt hurt about it. I understand that the site didn't work very well, but at the end of the day with the demand the release had people were still going to miss out even if the site ran perfectly. I don't really think the demand had anything to do with how much they tried to hype the release, people were going to stampede for this one regardless.

If I worked at Discmania, I would immediately figure out how to make the "add to cart" button move when your cursor gets close. If someone managed to get it added, the checkout page would read "JUST KIDDING!!!"

People were going to miss out. It was inevitable. No use being butt hurt about it. I understand that the site didn't work very well, but at the end of the day with the demand the release had people were still going to miss out even if the site ran perfectly. I don't really think the demand had anything to do with how much they tried to hype the release, people were going to stampede for this one regardless.

No butt hurt here, believe me. Of course people were going to miss out, and Discmania shouldn't be apologizing to people just because those people missed out. That wasn't my point at all. I think the thing that was annoying about the whole situation was the site infrastructure not being in place to handle the traffic despite there being ample opportunity for them to have that ready (and to know it would be needed). If the site had worked perfectly, the whole 200 discs would probably have sold out in 5 minutes instead of an hour. People might still have been annoyed they didn't get one, but at least they wouldn't have wasted an hour hoping the site would work long enough to order a disc.

Latest posts