• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Walked off the course

Just found it. Looks pretty good. I would have played it last week but i started at Trap then played Iron Hills and by then my fiance' had had enough disc for the day. :\

LOL ya Iron Hill will kick anyone's butt. No joke I took an obese buddy of mine out there after a bad break up where he was just going down hill and we hit The Hill almost everyday for a summer and he dropped 80 lbs like it was magic and we had a blast. I've never been to Trap Pond I might have to head over there some day, it's one of the few public courses I know of in DE that I haven't hit. Stay away from Wilmington and Canby Park, Wilmington is known as Killington these days and they found a someone murdered at Canby and isn't that great of an area which is sad cuz I liked that course.

For the most part tho most of the courses in my area are well kept cuz they are state parks, my home course now is in parks of neighborhoods near me and 1 retired guy works on it other then fields so I try to help where I can. It needed a ton or work cuz of all this rain lately, just weeds as tall as my buddy's 8 year old all over the fairway.

Last edited:
In the year that I've been playing, I've yet to walk out of a round. As a matter of fact, a few weeks ago I was throwing out from behind this thick bush/tree and knelt down on a broken beer bottle. It wasn't until I stood up and saw a puddle of my own blood on the ground running down my right leg that I realized I had been cut by a broken bottle. I asked my group for a quick timeout while I stopped the bleeding, then I went to my car to bandage myself up. Once I was done, I finished out the remaining 10 holes and still went down on tag number that day. Needless to say, I'm a pretty stubborn person and hate not finishing tasks at hand. However, I did learn my lesson and look carefully on the ground before I put my leg down now.

I started using a ZFlick to neal on since alot of my courses are muddy or have thorns and stickers and tiny insects that attatch to your skin in dozens. I havent been able to master throwing it at all... but it makes a great kneepad! Also, the thickness of the ZFlicks flight plate is within regulation guidelines. :)

I started using a ZFlick to neal on since alot of my courses are muddy or have thorns and stickers and tiny insects that attatch to your skin in dozens. I havent been able to master throwing it at all... but it makes a great kneepad! Also, the thickness of the ZFlicks flight plate is within regulation guidelines. :)

good idea, i took a knee in an awkward position on an approach and by the next tee had killed over 50 ants that had taken the chance for a lift

Walked off due to bad weather (lightning/downpours) a few times. Couple of times I was playing so poorly and was so frustrated that it was prudent to walk away and try another day...

I walked off the course at Coastal Carolina University once because I brought my children, and they decided to act like fools. My son actually blocked one of my putts from going in. So I made them go back to the outlet center and shop with their mother and grandmother. That was punishment enough for them.

I've felt like walking off (like Wednesday when I lost my Wave on hole 2 - just as I was starting to throw the thing decently!), but never did because of how I was playing. Haven't had weather chase me either - I've been lucky there.

Last edited:
A couple of times I've played a new course solo, and left because I couldn't navigate the course. I just got tired of wandering around.
I have left a couple times because of stupid bad weather. We ignored the weather sirens once and had to evacuate back to our vehicles when the crap hit.
I've had a few rounds so bad I've just quit. It's usually when I have no control of release, where I've got a 90 degree range of where the disc could go. Most recently on a course that finishes with a really rough tree line to the left. It's really overgrown with briars and stuff back there. It was already a bad round, and I didn't want to have to go hunting in there for my disc.

I had to call it quits during a dubs league round where our card out three was stuck behind 2 groups of 5 that would not let us play through. We were at a log jam on hole 15, which was in a really stupid, long placement, and it was getting pretty dark. I was playing cali, and having a really bad round, so I didn't mind using a drop week.

The only rounds I've walked away from were casual rounds on my home course, which I play 2-4 times a week.

If I'm road tripping it, I finish the course(s),
even through minor injury and pain.

Just played Ashe Lake with a bad right foot (plantar fasciitis), didn't whine or complain about it, just toughed it out....and ended up throwing one of my best rounds ever on that course.

About 6-7 years ago I stopped to play Champoeg for the first time(in its old format) and found several of the holes with a foot of standing water, from an intense local storm. Threw the first few and said no dice to wading.

I bailed on a round at Four Mounds 3 years ago due to darkness.( I was there for 1 1/2 weeks, so I got to play them all several times.)

But even though we've played Milo many dozens of times, we played the entire round in a driving rainstorm last year.:)

Latest posts