• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Walmart Disc Challenge

Ha! You can't put enough hyzer on that driver... that much hyzer simply doesn't exist! LOL!!!

*BNM --> contacts Franklin to see if they'll sponsor him*

I wonder if they would fly better upside down, lol.

Just got done watching their Mini challenge. Looks like they got some good stuff on their channel.

Yes, this would be a lesson in hyzerflips. Clearly the putter is the most serviceable of the bunch...

Last edited:
Ha! You can't put enough hyzer on that driver... that much hyzer simply doesn't exist! LOL!!!

*BNM --> contacts Franklin to see if they'll sponsor him*

I found one of those the other day. I threw it once, a gentle flick at a basket maybe 100' away and it still turned and burned. Those things are basically anti-Gyro. And I have a weak forehand too. :sick::gross::doh:

Cannot be a more appropriately named disc than that Albatross. Thing will ruin your game Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner style.

Those Franklin putters are actually pretty stable.

The drivers on the other hand can do barrel rolls when thrown BH, with hyzer even.

My buddies and I did a different kind of Wal-Mart challenge recently. We all bought DX discs from WallyWorld or equivalent, then played a one-disc round at the local short course.

I got a 155gm DX Viking. It was pretty under-stable, and got more flippy as the round went on. The round was a blast, everyone had some laughs.

Not sure it would be as fun with the Franklin discs.....

I was thinking of something similar; everyone have a budget and buy all the discs for one round from Walmart.

I would probably go Pro Destroyer, Pro Thunderbird, DX Teebird, RPro Roc and a DX Aviar from my local WM.

Mine has a decent selection. Even a few neat looking tye dye discs. I still bag a pro beast i got from there years ago. Ive since retired the DX skeeter i got with it tho...lordy thats a crappy disc.

This kind of reminds me of when eagle sexton and mcbeth did the starter set challenge on ccdg. That was a fantastic video!

My dream novelty event would be a challenge to play a round with three of the bottom-shelf used discs at our local shop. They're generally baseline plastic and so beat up that they look like they were put in a tumble dryer full of gravel, or used as airplane wheel chocks.

As an added bonus, it would help the shop sell all of those rubbish $2 discs from the bottom shelf and make room for nicer stuff. . . :D

my dad is 84 and bought this set last year and it got him hooked on DG. I've given him more mids and putters, but he still hasn't lost that damn driver. sad thing is, I helped him LOOK for it recently and found it. why the hell did I help him??? hopefully he'll just break it soon...

Who else wants to get some of these and see if they can barrel roll them or see how high they have to fly before they don't just turn and burn?

HAHA, My friend started with that set; I had the Discraft set.

He did hold on to that putter for a while though.

Latest posts