• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Want a free mini? create me a logo

picture.php

I'm always amazed how much people discount the work of professional graphic artists/ designers. Design a logo for a mini???? Are you kidding me? The design firm I work for does logos/ branding STARTING at $5000. Also, most freelance graphic designers who are even halfway decent are getting a minimum of $65/hr. Even the most basic logo will take 15-20 hours to develop. Do the math.

So basically, the OP is asking someone to come up with a brand that will sell him thousands of minis and t-shirts in exchange for 1 mini. Then again, Nike paid a graphic designer $35 to come up with the swoosh, so maybe your offer isn't that bad after all.

just an fyi - Pepsi recently redesigned their logo. The cost? $1,000,000.00.

Where's that Nike fact from? I thought it was just a random doodle by Bill Bowerman's business partner back when Nike just started...

Where's that Nike fact from? I thought it was just a random doodle by Bill Bowerman's business partner back when Nike just started...

Not sure where, but the $35 Nike story is what I heard too.

Sadly people undervalue the work of an artist. They think "It's fun and easy!", so anybody can do it for almost nothing... right? It is a trade just like being a surgeon or engineer... takes talent.

Now I know the OP is just doing this for his self, but just look at Craigslists "creative" services listings to see the state of this issue.

Wow, the guy was just seeing if someone would like to do a design for him for fun, and it turns into a pissing match about how graphic designers aren't appreciated… I work for a design firm, and I also do freelance work. I charge $100 an hour for my work, but you cant tell me that you so called professional designers haven't done free stuff for the hell of it!! If not, I say get over yourself, because you're probably not that good…

Wow. Where were all the whiny naysayers when Timg asked people to try designs for the DGCR disc, or MVP was giving away a handful of ions for a new design for them? This is a pleasant DG community where we all enjoy helping eachother out and giving advice and tring to contribute for the greater good of our sport and DGCR community. To all you self righteous graphic designers out there feel free to get over yourselves. Please do. This is one man in his basement that makes some great unique custom minis. He is not a corporation, or cash heavy rich entrepreneur.

If I had any software or creative ideas relating to the topic I would love to try and help and get his product in return. If someone asks me to utilize my work abilities to help them if I'd like I have the option to say yes or no. Not demand a premium expense because when Nike did it they gave me a million dollars.

I bet every tourney stamped disc I've ever gotten made the designer a small fortune. Right?

Just look at the great stuff Skulboy has done for different tourneys, and he's a professional.

Artwork. Good, bad, or indifferent. It all looks good on a ZING mini!! (had to say that,....I make 'em)

But due respect.......

I've dealt with all kinds of graphic-types while making the Zing mini. From the high paid professionals to the best napkin sketch you can imagine. You would be surprised to know that some hand sketching works well on decorating a mini. But I've seen some impressive professional work as well. It's all what you want to pay to make the best impression.

BTW,.....I really dig some of the art in this thread.

Craig
Zing

tippin my hat in yo' fingers crossed because I'd love me a spitfire resin mini! Btw I have these in color already but only wanted to include the black and white. Let me know if you like either or want to see more!
spitfirec.jpg

I felt like making a few logos and even thought he already has one, I'm going to try and make a few. Here is where I'm at right now after like 15 minutes of drawing out what I want and then putting it into photoshop, gonna do a lot to it thought.... I'll keep you updated

ZlwPGl.jpg

Latest posts