• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Want some new discs advice...

Victory33

I'm still fairly new to disc golf, but I've been collecting a bunch of discs lately, because I love trying it all.

I've got the overstables drivers: Wraith, Surge, Double D
I've got the understables: RoadRunner, Leopard, Beast (beat dx)

Midrange: Roc, Shark, Stingray

The discs I've been hearing good things about are the TeeBird and the Buzzz. Does anyone recommend me getting those or would they overlap with my current step up and add nothing new? If not...any recommended plastic type?

Thanks

Actually, how far can you throw your Roc/Putter? I think that's a much more useful metric.

Furthur said:
Actually, how far can you throw your Roc/Putter? I think that's a much more useful metric.

You can either adhere to what this ^^^^^^ or you will certainly hit a plateau that you wont be able to get over.......Rocs and putters and LOW speed drivers first

The general consensus here is to start throwing

Putters: Aviar or Wizard
Mids: Roc or Buzzz
Drivers: Gazelle or Cyclone

All in the base plastic. Get to a point where you are good with each of these discs. Good meaning "accurate and able to hit a variety of lines", good does not necessarily mean "can throw far". Find out what shots you can't easily make with these discs. Find a disc to fill that gap.

cmlasley said:
DX Gazelle or D Cyclone 165-170ish.

DX Aviar or S Wizard or D Challenger or D Magnet or S Warlock 170ish.

That should work for you fine for now. Actually throwing a slower driver and a putter (no mid) will help you realize just how far you can throw your putter. It will also teach you to throw finesse drives.

cmlasley said:
DX Gazelle or D Cyclone 165-170ish.

DX Aviar or S Wizard or D Challenger or D Magnet or S Warlock 170ish.

Yeah, I got a Wizard, Aviar, Banger GT for putters.

I will look into the Gazelle and Cyclone, thanks for the info!