• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] warlock plastics

petecarp

Par Member
can anyone enlighten me on the plastics gateway is using for their warlocks?
discgolfcenter.com is showing they offer S, SS, and SSS. i was wondering how soft these actually are in comparison to innova plastics (im new to gateway) and the texture of the plastics, i prefer a glossier, tackier blend (like a star plastic) compared to the the chalky feel of a DX plastic. what would the best choice be since i cant go physically feel them before i order online.

I may be wrong, but I think the letters mean as follows:
S- Soft
SS- Super soft
SSS- Super Stupid Soft

It doesn't sound like any of these are what you want. They're certainly nothing like Star plastic.

I have a regular Wizard and the plastic may be closest to a DX Aviar, but it's still a little soft, kind of like a JK Aviar. I've never used a Warlock, though.

I've got an SSS Warlock and its plastic is most like Innova's Pro, but it's a lot more flexible.

So does anyone have any suggestions? i recently switched from a straddle put to one foot in-line putting, so i figured i might as well give some other putters a try while im revamping things just to see what other options are out there. id like to test other putters (i currently use DX aviar p&a) with no bead in star similar plastics(i throw star drivers and get much more consistent releases), any suggestions?

warlock...

hey pete, just sent you a personal message, but to answer your question about the domey aspect of warlock...there is no dome...it's flat

great disc, i highly recomend it!:D

kick ass...

thanks for the tip on Marshall Street...i just picked half dozen practice putters!

Ordered four on Thursday and they arrived a few minutes ago...that was FAST! All of them are the same color (light blue) and look great.

I throw the SS(super soft) and the SSS(super stupid soft) Magics. They feel like velvet. It is so smooth its like powder is always on the disc. Anyhow what im getting too is that I have thrown almost all of gateways putters. The Warlock in E plastic is slightly overstable. The worlock in soft is right down the middle, very stable. If you get into the SS and SSS it's like I said they are so smooth!!!! It's all preferance man. If you like slick star plastic feel buy the E plastic. The only draw back to those is the chance of deflection on the chains, since they have a harder rim. I didn't originaly think I would like them all soft feeling but after throwing them for a while I hooked.

Latest posts