• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Warrant

necro bump. found a warrant in a shop downtown and had to snag it. at first feel i was smitten with the microbead. it just felt right in my hand. first few throws in the field i was even more in love. perfect for the slot i needed to fill. i carry a bard most days as my only true mid and needed something that could do straight with no fade and hold a solid anny line. this seems to fit the bill perfectly. still cannot get over how comfy it is in my paws. very solid neutral to under stable mid that should get more attention than it does.

Been loving my 175g Warrant. To me it flies out of the box like a well beat in Dx Roc but in premium plastic with a hand feel that is closer to a Truth. The speed is not really much faster than a Roc to me. With a slight hyzer release it seems to just lumber along straight to baby turn with a very mild finish. Released flat, it will hold the anny all the way to the end. Never thrown a Fuse but I don't think I really need to. Beating in Dx Rocs is fun but it's good to know that I have a premium plastic tunnel eating mid that is readily available out of the box.

Anyone have a profile pic of the warrant? I'm looking for a truly understable mid with a more blunt wing than some of the other ones available.

The warrant is money. Hyzer flips awesome, anny upshots, off the tee straight then turn, great disc. I throw a lucid 174g and I am glad I have one. I would say the seasoned roc comment is correct.

Last edited:
The warrant is money. Hyzer flips awesome, anny upshots, off the tee straight then turn, great disc. I throw a lucid 174g and I am glad I have one. I would say the seasoned roc comment is correct.

Probably a better Fuse. Been tempted on the Warrant for awhile but can't keep shuffling my bag. :(

I put the Warrant into the bag for winter, partially cause I can't throw quite as hard on snow and partially cause I was just curious of what this thing could do.

So far it just feels really understable. I'm not really comfortable throwing drives with as much hyzer as Warrant would need in order to work as a straight hyzerflip disc. It can be nice on some high floaty annies, but I'm not conviced yet. I actually prefer the Fuse which does turn, but does it a bit more gently.

I threw this disc all summer as my low line straight mid and my big turnover shots. I love how close in feel it is to the verdict and truth.

Picked up one of these for Dad, he needs a US mid. We threw it around a few times and it feels good in hand. I could get a little turn out of it throwing back an forth at 150-200ft. It is however, a Meteor clone. The profiles are almost dead on. The only difference is the microbead on the Warrant.

Have heard from a few dudes that DD may release the warrant again? Any truth to that?
It's true! If you're an IG person you can go to DD's feed and you'll find a post that details 2021 production. The Warrant is listed with production in Lucid, Lucid Air, and Prime Burst.

I guess I can ease up on my hoarding. :|

Still haven't seen any Lucids drop, just prime. Any word on this? I know it won't happen, but I would probably break the bank if the warrant was dropped in lucid x….

Also, what have warrant throwers converted to after the oop announcement? I like the warrant, such a smooth throwing disc.

I've tried the piwakawaka, but where the warrant likes to gently flip over its full flight, the piwak seems to want to flip quick out if the hand.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Still haven't seen any Lucids drop, just prime. Any word on this? I know it won't happen, but I would probably break the bank if the warrant was dropped in lucid x….

Also, what have warrant throwers converted to after the oop announcement? I like the warrant, such a smooth throwing disc.

I've tried the piwakawaka, but where the warrant likes to gently flip over its full flight, the piwak seems to want to flip quick out if the hand.

Cheers!

I loved the feel of the Warrant, I personally did not like the flight. The lack of dome just created a finicky disc. It would turn more and fade more then I would like. I like the Domier max weight (176+) Tursas and Fuse in premium plastics. They are much more predictable and glide for days.

I loved the feel of the Warrant, I personally did not like the flight. The lack of dome just created a finicky disc. It would turn more and fade more then I would like. I like the Domier max weight (176+) Tursas and Fuse in premium plastics. They are much more predictable and glide for days.

Interesting. For an US mid, I actually never thought the warrant as too finicky; very controllably US with a gradual turn versus a quick turn. I do think the Piwak is finicky. The warrant is great feeling, where I've never liked the wide diameter and rim feel of the fuse. Never tried the tursas, but I thought it was more US than the warrant, where if I want anything, I would like something a tiny more OS than the warrant (hence the desire for an LX). Shrugs

Interesting. For an US mid, I actually never thought the warrant as too finicky; very controllably US with a gradual turn versus a quick turn. I do think the Piwak is finicky. The warrant is great feeling, where I've never liked the wide diameter and rim feel of the fuse. Never tried the tursas, but I thought it was more US than the warrant, where if I want anything, I would like something a tiny more OS than the warrant (hence the desire for an LX). Shrugs

The Fuse is deeper then a Warrant, but narrower. The Tursas is closer to a Warrant in feel but probably between the two in feel. It feels shallower then a Fuse and I prefer that myself.

The key for dependability is dome and weight. Get a domier midsize dome at least Tursas and close or max weight. Flies like a Comet but feels much better. Just slightly understable.

I also haven't seen anything but Primes this year, and it looks like even those are sold out now. :(

I still have one Warrant in my bag and one backup, so I haven't had to get serious about a replacement, but I was thinking about trying a Bounty or beating up a Prime Truth (the Truth is my stable/neutral mid). My most-worn Prime Truth is just starting to get more understable, but it's not there yet. Has anybody used a thrashed Truth in that slot?

Took the Warrant, Piwakawaka and VIP Tursas out to the field. Arms a bit sore from the long tourney weekend, so was noodling it a bit. Thought the Warrant (Lucid heavy) and Tursas felt very similar. Think the Tursas has a bit more dome. The Piwak is comfortable, too, but has a bit sharper nose, makes it feel a little faster.

Flight, they are all pretty similar. I think the Tursas is a pretty close clone to the warrant. It might have very slightly more low speed fade, but pretty similar. Distance potential is about the same. The Piwak had a tendency to come up a little short than both, so maybe it has a little less glide. It also doesn't really fade, so it is similar to the warrant in the regard; I think it turns just slightly more than the warrant.

I'm just sharing the comparison for those who might be on the hunt for a warrant replacement. The Tursas is closer in flight and feel, IMO, to the warrant, but the piwak can certainly fill the same role. I might continue to switch in the two lucid warrants I have for the time being, but feel confident having the Tursas also on the backup shelf. Cheers!

Took the Warrant, Piwakawaka and VIP Tursas out to the field. Arms a bit sore from the long tourney weekend, so was noodling it a bit. Thought the Warrant (Lucid heavy) and Tursas felt very similar. Think the Tursas has a bit more dome. The Piwak is comfortable, too, but has a bit sharper nose, makes it feel a little faster.

Flight, they are all pretty similar. I think the Tursas is a pretty close clone to the warrant. It might have very slightly more low speed fade, but pretty similar. Distance potential is about the same. The Piwak had a tendency to come up a little short than both, so maybe it has a little less glide. It also doesn't really fade, so it is similar to the warrant in the regard; I think it turns just slightly more than the warrant.

I'm just sharing the comparison for those who might be on the hunt for a warrant replacement. The Tursas is closer in flight and feel, IMO, to the warrant, but the piwak can certainly fill the same role. I might continue to switch in the two lucid warrants I have for the time being, but feel confident having the Tursas also on the backup shelf. Cheers!

If you like the Warrant feel I think you will like the Tursas feel as well. Warrants should be a little flatter and shallower by a bit. But I also think the Warrant is a little more squirrely. Tursas is more forgiving.

If you like the Warrant feel I think you will like the Tursas feel as well. Warrants should be a little flatter and shallower by a bit. But I also think the Warrant is a little more squirrely. Tursas is more forgiving.

They are both pretty comfortable discs, something that can't be said about the main predecessor to this kind of mid range flight (the comet…), IMO. :D

Agreed, the Comet is just too far in the uncomfortable range. Warrant feels great, Tursas feels good.

The Comet is just so narrow and sharp/domey. Can't do it.