• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

i still wonder why discraft doesnt have the x wasp for people who like to cycle to compete with the rock. maybe cuz it would take away from the glory that is the buzz?

i still wonder why discraft doesnt have the x wasp for people who like to cycle to compete with the rock. maybe cuz it would take away from the glory that is the buzz?

Yeah, I'm not sure about that either. I personally don't have an interest in anything other than a Z Wasp but there are many Discraft molds that need to be offered in a variety of plastics. I would love for the ESP Banger GT to come back. A big plus of finding an Innova mold that you like is that it typically is offered in 3 or 4 different types of plastic.

Yeah, any time the wind sees the bottom of your disc it can be bad.

Just to chime in on the love of the Wasp, I started with a domey Z Wasp and even though I liked it there was something lacking. I bought a couple of very flat Ti Wasps from a member here and I'm in love. Exactly what I was looking for.

The flat ones are money!

I agree the flat Ti Wasp is money. I got a red one, great feel. I also picked up a blue cryztal Wasp which is a tick beefier than my z Wasp. Got lucky today and found a z and esp Wasp in the used section both in great shape. The esp is a Jerry Garcia Tribute.

I like my Gator but haven't had it in the bag for a long time now. Playin around with a champ Panther and a z Meteor.

im disappointed that discraft decided to make the bright color TI and now the ti wasp is oop

im disappointed that discraft decided to make the bright color TI and now the ti wasp is oop

Yup. I find this incredibly disheartening. No Big Z wasps, either. Not even in a LE run like Preds. It simply gets no love.

Wasp is back to only 1 regular production plastic, which makes me wonder about it's safety in their lineup with them constantly taking a crack at beadless OS mids (nebula, hornet, zombee (sorta)).

I love my Wasps...

Yup. I find this incredibly disheartening. No Big Z wasps, either. Not even in a LE run like Preds. It simply gets no love.

Wasp is back to only 1 regular production plastic, which makes me wonder about it's safety in their lineup with them constantly taking a crack at beadless OS mids (nebula, hornet, zombee (sorta)).

I love my Wasps...

dont talk like that!! if wasps went oop i think i would cry.

well tomorrow im going to try out ghosts. i really just want a mid that i can cycle. x wasps would be perfect.

picked up 3 back up z wasps this week :) my collection is growing very slowly they are fantastic!

picked up 3 back up z wasps this week :) my collection is growing very slowly they are fantastic!

Yup. I've got 11 wasps in assorted plastics, myself. Really wish they would produce some ESP or X again.

Everyone knows the pearly Zs are the best but are getting hard to find for a decent price. The fish in the middle is my thrower of several years. I have since acquired more, but I'm too lazy to take a pic.

Wasps.jpg

tbird- anything different about those elite z stamped wasps (top and middle row) compared to current stock run? i used to have an old font one like the orange one bottom row and it was just like a current run stock wasp

The plastic is much better, they're all consistently flat and high speed stable. From a consistently inconsistent mold, these are the exception. The red one in the pic was wicked overstable like a Drone and very domey.

The plastic is much better, they're all consistently flat and high speed stable. From a consistently inconsistent mold, these are the exception. The red one in the pic was wicked overstable like a Drone and very domey.

Agreed. I've got an orange one identical to the lower left (in my hand right now), and it's somewhat flat, but the Z plastic is touch more rigid. Love it.

so today I got my first wasp ace! I been throwing a pearly "elite z" one for a year or two but I got an ace with it!
any ways what are the most overstable wasps? the most overstable one I have is a 170 weight one that is super flat and has a decently high plh

really? weird every wasp ive throw has been consistent. haha. id say ti has a touch less glide but a touch more os

Never found two ESPs that flew the same. Also never found a different color Ti than Raspberry that didn't have some high speed turn. If you like the Wasps you're throwing, don't worry about it.

I've found two different kinds of Z Wasps, board flat ones (nice and stable, my fav) and ones with some shoulder leading into a very mild dome. Those I can flip if I get some accidental OAT, but the board flat ones seemed more OAT tolerant. I can't say I've thrown a bad Z Wasp, though.

mine has the shoulder to slight dome...but it's a perfect disc for between my Buzzz and Drone...

Never found two ESPs that flew the same. Also never found a different color Ti than Raspberry that didn't have some high speed turn. If you like the Wasps you're throwing, don't worry about it.

im not worrying, just interested. i never got into the esp ones but i heard many bad things about them.

how far are you throwing your wasps

I've found two different kinds of Z Wasps, board flat ones (nice and stable, my fav) and ones with some shoulder leading into a very mild dome. Those I can flip if I get some accidental OAT, but the board flat ones seemed more OAT tolerant. I can't say I've thrown a bad Z Wasp, though.

i saw the domey ones at gggt actually. ive been lucky enough to get the board flat ones. even online blind order from marshall street.

I got an domey Z Wasp that I didn't like. I replaced it back in February with two nice flat Ti Wasps from DGCR member maansmit. Happy, happy!!

Latest posts