• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

If I could find Discraft locally (the MC Sports that has Discraft only ever has Buzzzes), to make sure I could get flat ones, I'm about 99% certain Wasps would be in my bag.

Most of the Z's are flat, I've only seen a couple slightly domey ones. But it makes all the difference, yeah. You could just ask for flat and have them confirm that when ordering online.

Most of the Z's are flat, I've only seen a couple slightly domey ones. But it makes all the difference, yeah. You could just ask for flat and have them confirm that when ordering online.
There are a lot more domey ones out there now.
You need to make sure you get a flat one if you want the stability that a wasp is known for.

I've been enjoying the Ledgestone ESP Wasp since I got it a few weeks ago. It will stay in the bag for a long time.

I have a couple but I am just starting to think about using them.
I always switch my bag from cryztal in the summer, to esp in the winter.
But the Wasp was the one disc that had to stay in plain old z. come winter.
Now it will only be my Buzzz os.

I had a perfectly flat ESP LE one until I lost it. No Wasp whether it be ESP or Z has never been able to replace it's long distance. Really it felt like a Buzzz that wouldn't turn ever and a small fade at the end. I had to replace it with a Prodigy M2....

got to do some field work with this thing and wow, it is super HSS. just doesn't want to turn and it flies FAR. like REALLY far for how HSS it is. i really don't like shallow feeling mids or putters anymore after messing with the polecat and roc/comet/ghost family so it's nice to have something with a big ol' bead despite its flat top. they should make these in x plastic again; i'd definitely buy them.

I would agree; they probably won't season like a good kc roc; probably will always retain the fade, but it's pretty damn good paired with a fresh comet.

Discontinued, but the flat z I've got is legit and there is still ti out there. Peeps seem to favor the raspberries for most hss if this thread is anything to judge by.

How does it compare with Element-X or a Truth? I recently starting bagging a Truth to replace the now OOP Element-X...but the Truth does not fly as well as the Element-X does.
Clearwater has some Eric MacCabes still, I just found.

Wasp is more stable than a truth. Probably more comparable with a Karma, which should be close to the elementx (which I have never thrown). Never threw my wasp side by side with the karma I had though.

Were the wasps molded in x slightly domey like the buzzz's turn out in x?

Wasp is more stable than a truth. Probably more comparable with a Karma, which should be close to the elementx (which I have never thrown). Never threw my wasp side by side with the karma I had though.

yes, and that's why I never liked the x buzzz.

you will not find a wasp in x

Yes, there are x wasps. They are OOP now, but the ones I have had and thrown were mildly domey like the x buzzes. The new ledges tone ESP are flatter than any ESP wasp I ever saw in production.

Yes, there are x wasps. They are OOP now, but the ones I have had and thrown were mildly domey like the x buzzes. The new ledges tone ESP are flatter than any ESP wasp I ever saw in production.

Good to know about that esp. My z wasp is pretty beefy; the thing I don't like is that slick as **** plastic. For now the hornet has the bag because the plastic is nice and grippy. Might have to try a ledgestone wasp.