• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

How is the stability on the jawbreaker wasps? I don't know why but I have a thing for overstable mids in baseline plastics.

You dickheads have me wanting to throw my Wasps again. Gonna tote some out for field work along with some Buzzzsss soon.

170g shakey Z was my fave last I checked and I didn't love the glide on the swirly glo ESP. Anybody put some wear on a swirly ESP yet?

How is the stability on the jawbreaker wasps? I don't know why but I have a thing for overstable mids in baseline plastics.

stability is just fine the plastic is dog poo and warps and chips and dings way too easy

if it was d plastic it would be expected and i would be fine with it

but paying the $16 at marshallstreet for it is completely absurd

I have a few of the GMC Jawbreakers. The one I started bagging flys like a Nate Doss Tour Buzzz. And the grip is fantastic; they are all nice and flat. I could easily part with my stable Buzzzs if these wasps were made mainstream...limiting my mid molds to the Wasp and Comet.

I feel like Jawbreaker is only meant for putters, the plastic has great grip but the durability isn't there. It would be fine if you play wide open golf course style courses with lots of grass. But out here on the west coast all our courses are super rocky and tree ridden. Part of the reason why i don't throw D/DX/Jawbreaker Mids or Drivers.

whoever made the sentiment towards jb is for putting not for throwing seems to be very accurate

whoever made the sentiment towards jb is for putting not for throwing seems to be very accurate

I throw a JB Roach for an US throwing putter. It's more for touch shots and not my primary driving putter. Definitely beat in pretty quick but not much actual damage after a couple of months. Not gonna throw it for mids or drivers though.

Hopefully McB will get us all some mid grade plastic to cycle.

stability is just fine the plastic is dog poo and warps and chips and dings way too easy

if it was d plastic it would be expected and i would be fine with it

but paying the $16 at marshallstreet for it is completely absurd

Don't worry, soon you'll be able to pay $20 for McX Wasps!

Don't worry, soon you'll be able to pay $20 for McX Wasps!

I will just stick with my Roc3s for a straighter Wasp if they are at that price. I would like a CT Wasp, but won't shell out when I have something that works just as well and I have plenty of already.

I have too, the plastic can be bad where I live if the ground is hard on Northern plains where I live and we have Pear Cactus too that can ruin a disc as well as Rocks in my area. Yes they are open more flat courses but the ground in drought years hard ground could mess up a disc more then a putting putter in Jawbreaker. In fact a Jawbreaker Putter in general can get floppy quicker then other disc to a point that one of the main putters is then used for uphill/downhill putting and cycle in a new putter but you would not need to keep cycling the beat up main putter over to the uphill/downhill putter slot as a floppier disc in that slot works better for me. my next set of Putting putters in Jawbreaker I will not soften the way I did with the set I am using now unless I Need a uphill/downhill putter.

Um, yeah, so a CT or a rubber blend wasp would be dope. Maybe one day we can get stuff X? They make soft X and it seems every other company has a stiff version of their mid grade (P, Pro, heck even Lat64 has 3 grades of zero) anywho, yeah..... Stuff X for cycling. That Wasp may even kick the Prophecy out of my bag and hold down thee mid slots.

I have too, the plastic can be bad where I live if the ground is hard on Northern plains where I live and we have Pear Cactus too that can ruin a disc as well as Rocks in my area. Yes they are open more flat courses but the ground in drought years hard ground could mess up a disc more then a putting putter in Jawbreaker. In fact a Jawbreaker Putter in general can get floppy quicker then other disc to a point that one of the main putters is then used for uphill/downhill putting and cycle in a new putter but you would not need to keep cycling the beat up main putter over to the uphill/downhill putter slot as a floppier disc in that slot works better for me. my next set of Putting putters in Jawbreaker I will not soften the way I did with the set I am using now unless I Need a uphill/downhill putter.

Casey McJawbreaker

Um, yeah, so a CT or a rubber blend wasp would be dope. Maybe one day we can get stuff X? They make soft X and it seems every other company has a stiff version of their mid grade (P, Pro, heck even Lat64 has 3 grades of zero) anywho, yeah..... Stuff X for cycling. That Wasp may even kick the Prophecy out of my bag and hold down thee mid slots.

As far as I know Soft X is only for the Putters and they only make Putters in Soft X, regular X would be nice for some putters, as Lids (Putt'r) can't be made in a Soft plastic or they have 0 glide.

As far as I know Soft X is only for the Putters and they only make Putters in Soft X, regular X would be nice for some putters, as Lids (Putt'r) can't be made in a Soft plastic or they have 0 glide.

This was in reference to the Wasp alone and was kind of a JS thing.......

Agreed, not nearly as beefy as the previous Ledgestone ESP Wasps. Grabbed a couple from Sunking and played a round with one yesterday.

Both are going into storage for now. The 170g old Elite Z I picked up a couple weeks ago is money. Not sure if it's the slightly lighter weight or what. The flight plate seems a little thinner and it's a bit more OS than the 176g newer Z I've been bagging.

Can confirm the new swirly ESP glo does not glow.

So how durable is that Swirly ESP? I wonder if it could be a good inbetween of my Z Comet (#4ish Roc stability, maybe a bit more OS), I'm looking for a #2.5 in terms of stability, but don't want to grab a JB, especially if it's only gonna be a buck or two more. I have a flat heavy Z that is my #1, I'm looking for a workhorse here.

So how durable is that Swirly ESP? I wonder if it could be a good inbetween of my Z Comet (#4ish Roc stability, maybe a bit more OS), I'm looking for a #2.5 in terms of stability, but don't want to grab a JB, especially if it's only gonna be a buck or two more. I have a flat heavy Z that is my #1, I'm looking for a workhorse here.

Maybe a domey z wasp?

Or find an old x-wasp. I used to throw them and after they beat in some became fairly straight finishers. I just don't know if the older x plastic would be too fragile due to age.

i would wait out the winter macbeth might bring some fresh xs to the market

a lighter wasp might be a great bet for a 2.5 or even a used 170g would be ideal

Latest posts