• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

I liked JB for putting putters, but I was not impressed with it in the Zone. JB tends to clover, I am not for sure that the wing would stay in line for the Wasp; I know my JB Zone did not keep it's wing shape.

I threw a JB Wasp all last season (took it out for winter) and it seasoned really well. No complaints on my end about it. Sure, if you crush a tree it's going to warp a little, but with the wasp it doesn't seem to affect the flight much if at all.

Pro D would not be bad either even if new, then you have a disc that keeps its shape but will cycle almost as fast as a Jawbreaker Wasp.
I would happily buy a stack of Pro D wasps, they'd start out more stable than the DX Rocs I throw now so the faster cycling wouldn't bother me

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

probably still flys really nice though

if not, I'll take it off your hands

i stopped throwing it after i realized jb isnt going to hold up

got some rim bend and knicks

ill get back to you im wondering if ill get rich off of it but might be too early to tell

i really loved the straight to slight turnover lines i was getting with my jb wasp...unfortunately it is swimming with the fishes after taking a hard tree-flection this past sunday.

i want a disc that feels like a wasp and flies like that jb wasp did...i don't want to pay collector prices for a thrower...any suggestions?

i really loved the straight to slight turnover lines i was getting with my jb wasp...unfortunately it is swimming with the fishes after taking a hard tree-flection this past sunday.

i want a disc that feels like a wasp and flies like that jb wasp did...i don't want to pay collector prices for a thrower...any suggestions?

DX Rocs are the best baseline Wasp and Z Wasps are the best premium plastic Roc.

Color glow Roc3 maybe?
Fossil Gila maybe second... but it's gonna start out more OS

i never really clicked with the roc like i did with the wasp. i don't know why though since the molds are practically the same

I have never liked Rocs. My first mid ever was a Roc3, maybe that's why. I could not stand the dome of a Roc, which is odd as much as I love the Comet.

Wasp>Roc3>Roc

Last edited:

dx rock3

I have one Wasp. Board flat, Z, like 168 grams. Not crazy overstable, but good glide and good stability, with good fade. I suppose I think it's good. I was too lazy to hunt for more flat ones so I moved on.

... Warriors are nice, even if the feel is completely different.

how they fly

Didn't throw them yet. Not in my home town, so the only courses I played today were like 14 firebird and 4 teebird tee shots each, because I didn't want to lose a disc.

I did compare it to an old z wasp I had, pre flight number, and it was almost identical.

I'm sure they're good wasps, but more Z? I have a lifetime supply of those.

I'm sure they're good wasps, but more Z? I have a lifetime supply of those.

True but that's just the nature of this years tour series. We have enough z undertakers too. This is for the players also a blend that hasn't been done before. Adam said they are as grippy as big z but slightly more stable that regular z

M7dtlTB.jpg

Got a chance to throw the big z wasp today. Compared to my z it's pretty much identical. Big z might be a tick more os but I think that's due to it being new.

Anybody tried the Big Z's? only $15.99 at Marshall Street. Cool stamp imo.
Pretty much the same imo as a stock z.

Anybody tried the Big Z's? only $15.99 at Marshall Street. Cool stamp imo.

I picked one up from them (beautiful pink with pink, silver, purple stamp), and it has a bit of dome to it. It flies similarly to my flat Z, but feels better in the hand. The plastic is definitely softer and grippier which is very helpful at this time of the year.