• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

I've been throwing the Hammes tour series wasp over the last week. These are a great run of wasp. Mine has very small dome but flies most like my flat top esp glow swirls. They are overstable while still maintaining good glide. I will be getting more of these.

...So we bombard Discraft with base plastic Wasp requests?

I have those three CTs I posted not long ago, which should last me quite a while, but honestly I see me losing these on those "overachiever" shots I go for from time to time. Could be one year could be a decade, but I'd love to have D/X/JB/CT Wasps more readily available...it'd also make me more inclined to introduce the mold to newer players. No, my brother in law doesn't need a Z Wasp, but if I could give him an X to work on by the time it's beat he'll understand throwing better and could actually pair it with that Z i just dismissed. I don't know I'm just rambling I suppose. On paper sounds good:)

Tin foil hat time. I have a theory on why Discraft doesn't produce baseline Wasp other than limited releases. The buzzz is Discraft's most popular mold. If they were to make full production runs of the Wasp in baseline plastic then people would just buy a baseline wasp than a buzzz. They instead make baseline wasps limited and sell them at a premium.

Tin foil hat time. I have a theory on why Discraft doesn't produce baseline Wasp other than limited releases. The buzzz is Discraft's most popular mold. If they were to make full production runs of the Wasp in baseline plastic then people would just buy a baseline wasp than a buzzz. They instead make baseline wasps limited and sell them at a premium.

Marketing for sure has something to do with it, but I am not for sure that there are that many that would switch over. Those of us whom like beaded mids, we generally bag a Wasp and a Comet and forget the Buzzz.
I would think it would cut into Comet sales before Buzzz sales, and mayne not even that much.

It looks to me that we are seeing a resurgence of interest in old school style mids; if the real numbers reflect what I see locally and on here, then there might be a need soon for X or CT Wasps.

Last edited:
Marketing for sure has something to do with it, but I am not for sure that there are that many that would switch over. Those of us whom like beaded mids, we generally bag a Wasp and a Comet and forget the Buzzz.
I would think it would cut into Comet sales before Buzzz sales, and mayne not even that much.

It looks to me that we are seeing a resurgence of interest in old school style mids; if the real numbers reflect what I see locally and on here, then there might be a need soon for X or CT Wasps.

If anything My thought is the Baseline and easy to wear in plastic like the X, the Wasp would rather eat into Innova ROC sales for those only tolerating a ROC and its smaller more awkward rim due to wanting a more comfortable rim ROC like disc from Discraft. It is not that I can't use a Beaded mid just I want something in a Easy to wear in plastic that does not cost an arm and a leg to get, that is not a ROC as a ROC lacks the glide in anything outside DX plastic with the average/low Shark dome and is not comfortable rim in the mold on any plastic. Then most other beaded midrange or more options from companies including Innova fly odd in flight path, too OS, or lack glide. This is why I have to use a Shark and 3 combo (Lion is a Shark with bead so a Shark can have Vtech done to the rim), and if Innova made a beaded Shark, the mold would fly amazing, the rim of a Shark is a tad wider and is less sharp nose to flight plate then a ROC.

Why not premium Wasp base Roc? Or Comet (my choice). Good luck thrashing one of these...I'd bet Simon, a brick wall, two hours, and one of these wouldn't get you what you want.

You weren't kidding. As much as my brain hates it, I am using either a Hammes Wasp or Swirly ESP, and a couple dx rocs. These wasps are nice but damn they have some beef to them. I now have 4 of the ESPs and 2 of the Hammes so I should be set forever with how these have been flying.

Finally took the tour series out for a few rounds today. Love it. It's the beefiest of my wasps. It's going in the bag paired with an ESP for now. Cryzstal Buzzz and Z Comet for straight and understable mids. Still figuring the Comet out but I like my setup for now.

I think I just ordered too many wasps at once to even notice this, but one of the ESP Ledgestone Wasps I ordered is 100% Z plastic. Looks better than the giant Hammes so I might put that guy in the bag.

I wonder who thought the giant names on the tour series discs looked good. They're awful. My Hammes wasp is amazing though. It's already my favorite.

Got an ace today with one of my 2 old Z Wasps. 278' and on a hole I usually would throw a Stalker on, but with $$$ on the line and a likely birdie by at least one competitor I threw my Wasp thinking "This should sit close for a birdie and then we'll playoff for it". Ended up winning it outright and a birdie would've left me tied, but not with who I thought it would be.

" I too love the Jawbreaker Wasp and I know we have plans in the future for another run of those, but we don't have any dates to announce yet.

Keep an eye on our social media, we'll make our official announcements there on any special runs.

Thanks for your questions, let us know if you have any others!"

" I too love the Jawbreaker Wasp and I know we have plans in the future for another run of those, but we don't have any dates to announce yet.

Keep an eye on our social media, we'll make our official announcements there on any special runs.

Thanks for your questions, let us know if you have any others!"

Darn sounds like a special run and not a full production run.

Latest posts