• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Wasp throwers

Are these things flat again? I ordered a couple Z Wasps online a few years ago thinking they were flat but they were a bit domey. Still loved the flight and I learned to forehand domey discs thanks to them. Sometimes I regret giving them away.

Yeah they are flat.

Going to try out the Wasp after work this evening. Never thrown one. Been throwing the Buzzz quite a bit lately but struggling with it flipping up and turning. Probably more my form than anything I'm sure but hoping the Wasp will hold a nice hyzer line for me until I can work out whatever is causing me to struggle with the Buzzz.

I have a big Z with a little dome and a flat Hammes tour series. Not sure I'll throw both but probably toss the Hammes since I like flatter mids.

Going to try out the Wasp after work this evening. Never thrown one. Been throwing the Buzzz quite a bit lately but struggling with it flipping up and turning. Probably more my form than anything I'm sure but hoping the Wasp will hold a nice hyzer line for me until I can work out whatever is causing me to struggle with the Buzzz.

I have a big Z with a little dome and a flat Hammes tour series. Not sure I'll throw both but probably toss the Hammes since I like flatter mids.

yeah i mean the wasp is going to mask that form but really a buzz should barely if at all flip

you ever throw a meteor

yeah i mean the wasp is going to mask that form but really a buzz should barely if at all flip

you ever throw a meteor

Ha. A meteor was actually one of the first discs I bought when I first started playing. I it was a fun disc and one of the first discs that I could get to consistently finish to the right.

I'm not sure what I'm doing these days. Mids and putters have always been the better part of my game. My putter game is solid out to about 250' but beyond that I like the throw a mid. Once I start pushing towards 300' is when things start getting out of control. Might be time to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

My flat Z WASPS don't hold a hyzer line. They flatten and go straight and finish either flat or hyzer depending on the wind. Top 6 disc in my opinion.

My flat Z WASPS don't hold a hyzer line. They flatten and go straight and finish either flat or hyzer depending on the wind. Top 6 disc in my opinion.

The flat tour series Z held the hyzer nicely for me. Could be I didn't have a shot with it over about 260' and playing at 5K+ feet above sea level sort of adds a little stability to most discs anyways.

The Wasp is definitely a nice disc but I actually went ahead and put the Buzzz back in the bag so I can work on whatever is wrong with my form.

I could definitely see myself bagging a Buzzz/Wasp combo.

The flat tour series Z held the hyzer nicely for me. Could be I didn't have a shot with it over about 260' and playing at 5K+ feet above sea level sort of adds a little stability to most discs anyways.

The Wasp is definitely a nice disc but I actually went ahead and put the Buzzz back in the bag so I can work on whatever is wrong with my form.

I could definitely see myself bagging a Buzzz/Wasp combo.

Buzz never did anything for me, especially a Z Buzz. ESP Buzz was a bit more workable but never stuck. Z Buzz is a poor mans Z WASP. Just a less consistent disc.

As for holding a hyzer line I carry a flat MD5. It knocked out my Pig as a wind putter and overstable upshot disc. Flat MD5 is also a top 6 disc for me. If I had to only choose between between WASP and BUZZ for a hyzer line, that would be an easy choice, the bead on the WASP wins out every time.

The Buzzz/Wasp combo might work with a Z WASP and ESP BUZZ but both being Z is too much overlap except for those dudes with carts that carry 50 discs. A WASP comb of a Meteor or Comet is less overlap.

Buzz never did anything for me, especially a Z Buzz. ESP Buzz was a bit more workable but never stuck. Z Buzz is a poor mans Z WASP. Just a less consistent disc.

As for holding a hyzer line I carry a flat MD5. It knocked out my Pig as a wind putter and overstable upshot disc. Flat MD5 is also a top 6 disc for me. If I had to only choose between between WASP and BUZZ for a hyzer line, that would be an easy choice, the bead on the WASP wins out every time.

The Buzzz/Wasp combo might work with a Z WASP and ESP BUZZ but both being Z is too much overlap except for those dudes with carts that carry 50 discs. A WASP comb of a Meteor or Comet is less overlap.

These two are great bookends for the most common mid shots. I personally throw both and have a Roc3 in the middle. Obviously a particularly stable Comet or more likely a beat up Wasp can cover this spot, but both are either less common or require a ton of seasoning to replace a Roc3 for that straight to moderate fade shot.

What?

Um:confused:

If you can't throw a hyzer with a Wasp OR a Buzzz, that's on you. Not the discs. I know I can (and clearly so can the Discraft pros that are better than me).

Just because I CAN do a shot doesn't mean I DO a shot. Some discs make shots easier and that I why I carry more than one disc. Are you still confused? Glad you can throw a hyzer with a Buzz! Yea, congrats!

I believe that is what red wasps do. Aces!:clap:

i should have added a pic

it was from short tee pad

640f131b.jpg

Elmexbot.exe

I tried beaded OS mids so hard, just doesn't work. Stop ****ing with me lol

Latest posts