• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

water carry shots

I'm just into my 50s and a new player. I can't yet see the day where I'll be able to throw over a 300' water hazard :( If I could get it halfway across I would call that a win :)

I'll check it out next time I'm there The old sign says 330 and they're new pads.

I made 10 more throws there today and they all made it. Almost lost my Lisa Fajkus Leopard 3 because I tried too hard and it air bounced and lit on the bank. All the Terns were no problem.

Maybe this will help:

J2QIykx.jpg

i only played cliff twice and somehow managed to keep all my discs both times. i definitely got an adrenaline rush throwing 10 with the prevailing wind wanting to knock it down into the water. The place I lost much of my plastic in town was on hole 7 at Youth Park. 280 ish clear as the crow flies and also water beyond as well. Confidence to get there, but failed to execute far too many times.

Last edited:
Maybe this will help:

J2QIykx.jpg

OK, that pad is the pro gold pad. The long one is middle right on this map. Just behind and down of the pad by the path that goes around the lake. The basket is under the trees, lake side of the path. Parked one for a birdie on it today.:clap:

My nemesis. Hole 12 at Upper Badlands.

Pretty easy birdie from the amateur pad but where's the fun in that?

b74ac27c58d8bf772a862ad8e11cb318.jpg

Playing from the normal pad is a rip for a noodle arm like me. It does play downhill so the roughly 350' to clear the water does seem a little shorter than that but pushing the limits of my distance just to clear the pond always gets in my head.

4e0eb7382f2e5d991f2412b55cd871fb.jpg

Not sure how accurate these measurements are because this is the short basket and I don't believe it's almost 400'.

a76ce1e4a849d1bd38f8023dc9a26684.jpg

This hole has taken quite a few discs from me over the years.

Maybe 330' to the basket, but a good bit less to clear the water?

Still, nice clearing it. I just played a tournament with a 9-person MA60 division; we were excused from the 250' water carry due to the heavy headwinds and put on a shorter tee, but I'm sure if we'd played the long tee in calm winds, at least half of us wouldn't have made it, and the other half would have celebrated doing so.

i only played cliff twice and somehow managed to keep all my discs both times. i definitely got an adrenaline rush throwing 10 with the prevailing wind wanting to knock it down into the water. The place I lost much of my plastic in town was on hole 7 at Youth Park. 280 ish clear as the crow flies and also water beyond as well. Confidence to get there, but failed to execute far too many times.

I hit the drink there again today. 7 at Youth. I went right back to 1, played right back to 7 and birdied with a great drive. Then, I got mine and another disk out.

You are 100% right, hole 7 at Youth seems a way bigger challenge than 10 at Cliff.

I made the best purchase of my young disc golfing career, I bought an Epic disc. I do believe that I could carry that water hole now. Well, maybe with a little more practice! This thing is squirrelly to say the least ;)

We have a new course near here I haven't played yet but see posts on a semi daily basis about discs in the water on hole 10.

I lost one at Hidden Ridge #18 in the water because of grip issues, almost Cubbie aced the next shot.

I don't think I lost any at Stoney Hill.

We have a new course near here I haven't played yet but see posts on a semi daily basis about discs in the water on hole 10.

I lost one at Hidden Ridge #18 in the water because of grip issues, almost Cubbie aced the next shot.

I don't think I lost any at Stoney Hill.

When my friends and I played it was raining pretty good and had been raining all day and night before we got there. Those little cricks were MOVING. Lots of lost discs happened, but also lots of good times.

Did it again! Didn't commit to the shot. Hole 7 at Youth, and dropped it in the drink 15 feet short. Went right back to 1, played with the idea that less was more, snap, follow through, smooth, etc. Made the drive across the widest part of the pond and missed the easy bird putt. Going there tomorrow and try again.

BTW, the one that went in the water was one I found so I left it.