• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

water hole pictures?

in the first buckhorn open the wind was horrendous and i played with a guy who lost ALL of his discs, we loaned him a few to finish the round. (this was in a pro division btw)

best course in/near raleigh imo.

Hole 8, Cedar Glades Park DGC - Hot Springs, AR:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/682/0eb03364.jpg

Although the water doesn't appear to be the main feature of this hole (the trees and elevation seem much more dominant in the pic), you can ask anyone that plays there regularly and they'll tell you that the water is the deal-breaker here. Cool thing about this hole is that there's a tiny RH spike hyzer gap almost directly above the teebox. Very risky, but works for those of us who feel comfortable with the shot.

Also, here's one from my old home course. Unfortunately, this pic was taken in the winter when the pond was very low and kinda dirty looking.

Hole 8, Beaver Course @ Lorch Park - Cedar Hill, TX:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/139/ee9db2f0.jpg

The water is kinda low now, but the grass is a beautiful bright green, and the volleyball post has been removed :)

You play back across the other corner of the same pond on hole 17 of that same course:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/139/3215a5d9.jpg

The pin is in the short position in that pic...the long position is at the top of the hill, just short of the tree line. The course designer is considering cutting another pin location IN the woods at the top of the hill. SICK!

in the first buckhorn open the wind was horrendous and i played with a guy who lost ALL of his discs, we loaned him a few to finish the round. (this was in a pro division btw)

best course in/near raleigh imo.

That can happen, I lost a champ orc, a star valkyrie and a couple other discs I didn't mind losing there. My best is a one under (from the am tee's playing everything as a 3), but I don't relish playing there as it is very challenging.

I enjoy UNCDG, Valley Springs, and Zebulon more, but Buckhorn is a great, challenging course.

Pond%20Hole.jpg

Stoney Hill, #15 or #16, as see from tee.

Road beyond green is also OB, so it's effectively an island hole.

About 250' to clear water, 295' to basket.

Loving that new lake, David!

At the Stoney Hill Challenge, construction was just completed but there was just a little bit of water in the bottom....so we roped it and threw over an imaginary pond. I thought anyone who was there might like to see the finished product.

(Water being the disc-magnet that it is, a few people still managed to sink some drives, so to speak, even with the pond mostly empty).

This is #17 of Jack Brooks #2 in Hitchcock, TX

This is the tee. The basket is up on the hill in the right upper corner of the pic:

e7c217c2.jpg

Here is the shot of the basket, looking back at the water and the tee:

6b1075e7.jpg

how long is the sot over the water?
432' tee to basket.

To clear the water it depends on the path you take. For the straight across (at the basket) line, IIRC it's right about 300'.

Latest posts