• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

water hole pictures?

where is the layup?;)

Stoney Hill is geared towards Pro & Advanced players, and virtually everyone who plays there can clear 250'. However, there's the option of throwing to the right, and going around the pond; the tee is on the dam, and the throw is cutting one corner of the pond.

WTF is that sh*t?! No thank you.

It's under 200' and straight downwill...not *nearly* as bad as you think. Even the Rec players birdie this one from time to time ;) There's also a "safe" lane along the left side of the fairway if you want to lay-up or try a forehand shot.

HaHa good point....I never teed off and worried about slipping into deep water before...definetely gets in your head re follow thru!

Hole 16 at Cliff Stephens in Clearwater, FL "Home of the Champ" Ken Climo. That is one sick water hole. It has a 425 carry over the water on the short position. 450 to the pin. The water is straight in front of you and then hooks left toward the pin. The water covers the typical path of a RHBH throw the whole way. You basically have to throw it 300 to the bank straight ahead and then 200+ back at the hole. You can catch it on the Clash Cliff DVD. Here is Avery Jenkins throwing it with Ken Climo narrating - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A75fhrHDXM&feature=related

In the 75+ times I have played this hole I only came close to a birdie once skipping off the bank and ending up with a 50 foot putt. I can't tell you how many of my discs have gone in that water.

Here is the picture for 16 at Cliff I just mentioned
b48f5674_m.jpg

Aquatic Park in Berkeley is aptly named

1f596eb3-00da-42f2-b185-d138fad3a118.jpg

#3 at the High Country Course in Jefferson, NC.
Here is the pro tee pad - 414 feet

3pro.jpg

Here is the alternate tee pad

3alt.jpg

And even the amateur/I don't want to lose a disc tee pad isn't an easy shot.

3am.jpg

Last edited:
Hole 18 at Winter Park is entirely across water. This is a holding pond for DNR fisheries and also used for the snow making machines in winter.

4852aa05.jpg

c575bb91.jpg

My favorite route there is a low, skipping overstable forehand that skips off the water for the park-job. If you throw at the right angle, water skips like concrete, without hurting the disc. And any shots skipping off water for the deuce run are highlight-reel material. :)

Isn't that the one that Gawler hit a skip ace off the dock?

Latest posts