• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

water hole pictures?

#3 at the High Country Course in Jefferson, NC.
Here is the pro tee pad - 414 feet

3pro.jpg

Here is the alternate tee pad

3alt.jpg

And even the amateur/I don't want to lose a disc tee pad isn't an easy shot.

3am.jpg

dang, i better learn how to throw further:eek:

Here are 2 holes from Indian Hills Community College in Ottumwa Iowa. The first one is the tee pad for hole 3
view_image.php

This is the Teepad for hole 13 at IHCC
view_image.php

and here is the basket for hole 13, looking back across the pond at the teebox. (Can you find it?)
view_image.php

Last edited:
Well Crap! I guess you can't use pictures from the course photos.

Last edited:
how long is the sot over the water? (#17 of Jack Brooks #2 in Hitchcock, TX)
432' tee to basket.

To clear the water it depends on the path you take. For the straight across (at the basket) line, IIRC it's right about 300'.

So at 432' and slightly uphill, it's a hole that virtually no one deuces, save for a few 1000+ rated players and gorilla arms. And, it's not long enough to feel like a pro par four - the second shot is usually less than 125', right? It's the kind of hole which you expect to take a routine 3 on, and a four feels like bogey, right? In other words, a perfect 'tweener' hole?

Luther Britt, hole 17 Long tee, Lumberton NC is one of the coolest holes I've ever played.

8ab7d621.jpg

Luther Britt, hole 17 Long tee, Lumberton NC is one of the coolest holes I've ever played.

8ab7d621.jpg

How deep is that water..would be cool hole if it is not deep..I d hate it if discs were unretrievable...but would love it if the water is not too deep! Really amazing looking hole.

Well Crap! I guess you can't use pictures from the course photos.
In the "How To" thread I just learned how to post pictures. There's some explanation there.

Here's an explanation too:

How to post a picture in a Forum post
The picture has to have a url so save it somewhere on the internet first.

1)Save the image to somewhere on the internet. To get the URL right click on the picture and choose "Copy Image Location". Then in a post click on the "Insert Image" icon and insert the URL. Resize the picture to the size you want it.

OR

2)Type in tags
Copy the URL in between.

Using a DGCR course picture

First, you have to get the correct URL. Do NOT click on the picture, and when it enlarges, copy the URL from the address bar.
(ex.- http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_image.php?p=course_pics/1503/8ab7d621.jpg)
That does not give a direct image link. You can tell by the [/view_image.php?p=] part of it.
If you right click on the picture in that link and go to properties, that is the direct link.
(ex. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/1503/8ab7d621.jpg)
You can also right click on the picture and choose "Copy Image Location" to get the correct url. Once you have the URL use the instructions above to paste it in.

Beaver Meadows

Beaver Meadows, Red Feather Lake, CO. Definitely in the wish list. Although the course has been mentioned, I don't think the pictures have been put up here yet.

Hole 1
9fa36c7c_m.jpg

Hole 10
c22011a0_m.jpg

Olorin, why are your images so small? Can't really see where the basket is.

Olorin, why are your images so small? Can't really see where the basket is.

He used the photo that is on this site, they are kinda small. The basket is dead in the middle of that island. There is also a shorter tee for the hole, but either way you are throwing over water to an island. I am not sure how deep the water gets, but I know it's over my head. I went swimming there last year to retrieve a disc that fell 15' short of the island. Next time I'm down that way I'll snap some bigger pictures. If you love water holes Luther Britt is for you.

Latest posts