• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Waterproofing and adding rubber pads/feet to DD Trooper Bag suggestions?

Suspect

Birdie Member
Hey,
I currently have a used Trooper bag which I am giving away and bought a new one. Before I use it, I would like to know what and where can I find rubber feet/bumpers that actually stay on, and where would the waterproofing stuff (Plastidip?) be sold....maybe Home Depot.

I'd do it do my current bag, but after heavy use it has small tears which I'd like to prevent that as much as I can.

Thanks in advance.

The canned plasti-dip works pretty well in my experience. You can get it at Home Depot or Amazon. Mask off the bag so you can get the bottom and a couple inches up from the bottom. Follow the directions and do lots of thin coats or else it pills up. 5-6 coats should do it.

I'm not sure the materials on the Trooper, but on my Gorilla boy bags it sticks better to the 1000d cordura of the body than the ballistic nylon of the bottom. I just peeled the dip from the ballistic part of my Squirrel Monkey after years of use, the dip on the cordura part is still holding strong.

Thank you, I wanted to maybe raise the bottom about a half inch and was wondering what is the best material do be glued onto my bag, then plastidip over that if that makes sense. Also, I am going to maybe put something under the bottom pad and the inner part of the base (The Trooper has a pad at the bottom that flips up for some reason).

I'm going to go to Home Depot today and check out options

I suspect (see what I did there?) that some sort of strip of plastic attached to the bottom would stick better than smaller feet. More surface area to attach.

So far I glued pieces of a foam workout pad roughly 1/2 in 4 corners with 2 little ones for the cup holder. Added a coat of plasti with a foam brush. About to add on rd 2 in a bit, then 3rd rd before bed. Disc Golf tomorrow :) using my new Trooper bag.

I agree with the Plasti-dip. five THIN coats, allowing each to dry. ugly as hell, but it works.

Since it's the very bottom with a half inch padding, I put on 2 nice coats so far. Next coat will be the last since the coats were a little thicker. If I didn't have the padding for the bottom and the inside bottom of the base I think 3 decent coats should be more than enough. My one Trooper bag has been through hell and there is 2 tiny tears.

I guess I can add more since I got the stuff if needed.

Tomorrow is the first day for the new Trooper. I gave my first one to my dad. I used a foam brush about 5 to 6 times over foam "feet" workout pads that I was gonna throw out. It raises it about .25 off the ground.....but that and multiple coats, It was very very easy. I even put 2 pads on the drink holder. No pics right now but I can take one if anyone is interested. Im guessing the jet black will fade, but if not it looks and is gonna last a long time.

Edit: I used an adhesive for the foam pads to stick to the fabric. I then put a .25 inch foam pad on the inside under the flapper at the bottom. Trooper owners will know what I mean.

Last edited: