• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We had a snow storm yesterday. Couldn't help but put a round in!

I wish I only had to deal with that much snow.

We had a few inches drop yesterday and today was bright and blue in the morning. Me and a few buddies headed out for some snow golf and it was awesome, but 3 out of the 5 lost a disc in open fairways. )It took me 5 minutes to find a purple putter that I placed under the basket from 20 feet out at one point:confused:)

The snow was just fresh enough and deep enough that a disc could slide in and cover its own tracks:) Oh well, keeps things interesting.

That looked like a fun round, I wish i would have thought to carry our own snow shovel though, thanks for vid it was a fun watch.

Calvary Hill? Just played there about a month ago in the rain. Nice course. Nice vid too.

We don't ever get that kind of snow. We did get a couple of inches of sleet that piled up, it left a weird ice layer over the ground. Some of it was crunchy, but a lot of it froze over like a sheet of ice. It's not quite like frozen pond ice, but definitely not like snow either. Lot's of bizarre skips off the ice, and discs sliding for 60' once they hit the ground. And discs spinning like tops, some really crazy stuff.

Duct tape and ribbon saved me a few discs in KC when I played snow golf. Works great, even if it sinks the ribbon sticks out, doesn't affect the flight much if any.

Duct tape and ribbon saved me a few discs in KC when I played snow golf. Works great, even if it sinks the ribbon sticks out, doesn't affect the flight much if any.

^ This. All day long. I've played two winters with ribbon and never lost a disc.

:hfive:

Played yesterday as well in that snowstorm in MKE, it was brutally horrible.

I could find a way.

Especially with the snow we had yesterday... light and fluffy. Discs were sliding underneath leaving no visual entrance point. You could see a ruffled trail if it landed flat and slid but if it spiked underneath and stuck, you were screwed.

Latest posts