• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We have had some good times but see ya meteor!!

Big Nasty

Birdie Member
Well I have been tossing my esp meteor around for about nine months now and at first this bad boy was money. Then it broke. I would try to snap it and it would turn way to soon, i would power it down and it would just go balls straight. I even tried changing my grip. Every blue moon it would return to it's former self and buy it's self another week or two. :wall: eventually i got tired of it and decided to put the buzz ss in my bag. just what the doctor ordered! exactly what i want for an under stable mid (i know its neutral). needed it for two holes that day and got two putts in the circle.

viva la buzz ss

you cane send it to me and i will only throw it when the blue moon is out.

The Meteor is an ok disc, but I too have fallen in love with the Buzzz SS. I've even taken the Comets out of my bag!

My meteor came out too. A comet and a cobra do everything I wanted the meteor to do.

The Meteor is one of the BEST discs ever created. Seasoned or brand new, it throws the same. It's all on angle release and basically just knowing the disc. It's not for everyone but it's an extremely good weapon for winning.;) It does things most discs dream about.

The damn thing seemed to get way to flippy for me overnight. I have one buddy that has the same feelings as i do and another that agrees with some of you guys. I reckon I'll leave it in the trunk for a while and let her think about things. Maybe when my inconsistent ass thinks my buzz ss is broke ill turn to her for answers later down the road. l:p

When a Meteor seasons, what happens...does it become even more understable?

Do you know how to hyzer-flip? Best mid-range ever for hyzer-flip bombs! I've had the same disc in my bag for 2 1/2 years and still goes 400' accurately. Buzzz SS is too flat and will never do what this disc is capable of.

The damn thing seemed to get way to flippy for me overnight. I have one buddy that has the same feelings as i do and another that agrees with some of you guys. I reckon I'll leave it in the trunk for a while and let her think about things. Maybe when my inconsistent ass thinks my buzz ss is broke ill turn to her for answers later down the road. l:p

I am far from an expert, but for something to change so drastically so quickly I'd guess maybe you have a little somethin nasty creeping into your form?

When a Meteor seasons, what happens...does it become even more understable?

I have beat the hell out of my two and I think they still seem the same as when I bought them. Granted they have no major dings or damage, but I really have beat them pretty good I would think.

Vid or it didnt happen

Are you really debating the fact that the Meteor will go over 400'? It's one of the longest flying mid-ranges out right now. Even Eric McCabe, John Drummond and Jake Newell agrees to it on Discraft's website. All of them can throw massive bombs with just about any disc you give them.

Got an ace with a meteor on a hyzer flip turn all the way to the basket, but it hasn't taken over a seasoned buzzz or a first run buzzz ss for me, for a midrange they're just a little faster than I like

Are you really debating the fact that the Meteor will go over 400'? It's one of the longest flying mid-ranges out right now. Even Eric McCabe, John Drummond and Jake Newell agrees to it on Discraft's website. All of them can throw massive bombs with just about any disc you give them.

like i said. vid or it didnt happen. im not debating them...theyre not the the ones saying they can throw it 400' on here.

I have been having a few doubts lately with my Meteor as well. It has some consistancy issues in terms of flight path. Sometimes it just doesn't want to behave. However I remember all the great shots that I have had with it in the past, so it still finds a place in my bag. It better shape up though or out it goes to be replaced with a Fuse or something.

I have been pondering picking up a meteor for a few months now. I had a Z Comet for a while but did not like how deep the rim was. i loved how it flew, but I couldn't get consistent with it.

I ponder the Meteor because it seems to be designed to fly like a comet, just a little faster and with a shallower rim.

And, for the record this thread has brought me no closer to making a decision on whether or not I should purchase a Meteor. LOL

Throw Beat D Buzzz instead of a Buzzz SS alongside your premium plastic ones. MOLD MINIMALISM BWAHAHA.

Latest posts