• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Weak A$$ Arm and the Groove

zensuit

Par Member
Hey, under 350 guys. The lighter grooves are fantastic headwind drivers. You need room to let them work but they love a flex shot and will fight the wind like, well, a wind fighting machine.

Z

Hey, under 350 guys. The lighter grooves are fantastic headwind drivers. You need room to let them work but they love a flex shot and will fight the wind like, well, a wind fighting machine.

Z

You'd think a glide of 6 combined with the lighter weight would make a terrible combination for throwing into a headwind.

i just got to throw mine for the first time this week. honestly, behaves a little more overstable than i had expected. it isn't really turning over as much as i thought it would out of the box. i recently bought a dx valkerie, which is more or less a slower version of the groove, and it does behave like it's -2,+2 rating. maybe that is the difference between the champion vs the dx plastic?!...not really sure.

i'll keep throwing it and let it break in a bit and see how it goes.

Its the speed that is the difference between the groove and valkyrie not so much the plastic although in that case a dx is a bit less stable than champion. Its much harder to get the groove up to the required speed to make it fly like a valkyrie. So if you throw them both with equal speed they will fly different although their turn/fade ratings are the same.

Just won a new groove myself last weekend at a tourney, haven't touched it yet though. Still like the monarch though, it's a great tailwind driver!!!

Threw mine a couple of times in the field, but I'm tweaking my form so it was hyzering a lot for me, but so were my other discs. When I did get a good throw on it, it went really straight and level. Looks like I might love this thing.

You'd think a glide of 6 combined with the lighter weight would make a terrible combination for throwing into a headwind.

You would, but it seems to hold a line well. It isn't very long for me but I don't have a big arm and I can still predict better where my Surge SS will go so I won't add the disc to a bag anytime soon. But it was interesting to see that it had a use even for a player like myself who doesn't bomb it out there.

Its the speed that is the difference between the groove and valkyrie not so much the plastic although in that case a dx is a bit less stable than champion. Its much harder to get the groove up to the required speed to make it fly like a valkyrie. So if you throw them both with equal speed they will fly different although their turn/fade ratings are the same.

yeah, i'm not sure i'll be able to throw the groove hard enough to get it to do what i want. i only throw around 280-300. either way, i'll keep working with it and see what happens. good info.

i'm hoping the 168g i just got on eBay will hold it's line a bit longer than the 173g i have in the bag now.........

940e_1.JPG

i like the clear discs like that, i just recently bought a champ starfire like that with a cool i-dye pattern on it. it was actually easier to find than i expected it to be.

I have a hard time finding the clear stuff like that, I got a crystal z buzz last summer, and love the way it flies, but it's not in my bag due to it being harder to spot, even though it does have a bright yellow mark on the top. Haven't tried it in spring/summer, so maybe I will pull it out and try it again. If nothing else and I do lose it, I didn't buy it, so no big loss.

I just bought one last week and I love it for wide open holes. I'm throwing 350+ and it seems to turn just fine.

Latest posts