• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Weird Quirks

I wouldn't say that's a quirk at all. I'd say that's logical. :)

As far as my game goes, I don't think that I have any unusual quirks, although I think that some people might beg to differ with me on this.

I always finish a hole by putting my putter in the basket, even when I'm just playing a casual or solo round. If someone picks up gimme putt of mine and hands me my putter, I won't go out of my way to put it in. I don't want anyone to think that I'm ungrateful... or weird. :p But if I'm right by the basket, I tend to put it in anyway. The disc deserves to touch the chains, doesn't it? :D

I don't care if people think I'm weird, I don't believe in gimme putts. Even if my putter landed on top of the basket (above chains), I still touch the chains with it. It's surprising how close a putt can be missed. It may only happen once in a million, but that one miss should still count. So I vote for no gimmes.

I always pump 3 times before putting. Today I played with some friends that I've never played with before and I felt kinda self-conscious about it, like I wasn't playing fast enough. Needless to say I putted like **** all day. I've now vowed to myself to not care and do my thing to make my putts.

I have a knee thing going on I move my knee till I hear my right knee cap make a click noise then I can throw, I first noticed this about 5 yrs ago playing beer pong I'd stand there n move my knee till it clicked then I'd shot pong ball n make it every time, now It's part of my disc golf game do it every time off the tee pad and when I putt.

A lot of players, myself included, swing their disc to the side before throwing.

(Just like a basketball player dribbles to the side before they shoot a free throw)

The weird thing is, I also find myself doing the same motion while NOT playing. Like I'll do it after getting my keys out of my pocket and walking towards my car to unlock it ... Like a little unnecessary arm swing out to the side...

I can't be the only one...

I try to get laid before I play...... but then again I try to get laid whenever I can.

Yeah, you guys are kinda bat-**** crazy. :D

A question for both of you: Does it have to face you or face the target?

That's just how I hold the disc, no matter what. So I hold the disc in front of me so that I can read the words, and grip it. After that I go through a normal throwing motion.

That's just how I hold the disc, no matter what. So I hold the disc in front of me so that I can read the words, and grip it. After that I go through a normal throwing motion.

Yup, me too.

Also, my natural RHBH throw that I started playing with ~3 years ago, entails me doing a "stare down" of any players behind me on the teepad during my reach back. Starting to mess around with less of a reach back, but bergdawg/BennettUA/Connor Jones still mess with me about it :p

I always pump 3 times before putting. Today I played with some friends that I've never played with before and I felt kinda self-conscious about it, like I wasn't playing fast enough. Needless to say I putted like **** all day. I've now vowed to myself to not care and do my thing to make my putts.

If you ever watch a good free throw shooter, their routine is the same, every single time. Once you get into a putting routine that works for you, you should never deviate from it.

I'm one of those ones too that HAS to have the stamp so I can read it in my hand. Doesn't matter the disc. I also organize by color and speed. I.e. fastest to slowest blue, fastest to slowest pink. (Only two colors in my bag.)

Not sure how much of a wierd quirk this is but I arrange all my discs in each category from most understable to stable. I also have a pair of carhart's work pants that have been destroyed from my Photography work that I always wear whenever I need to wear pants for disc golf :D

It doesn't matter where I am, if I'm in a hallway, I'm thinking of what disc I'd use to thread the needle.

My putting routine has been getting a lot of smack talk lately.

I actually started paying attention to it and realized that it is pretty damn weird.

I step up with the dis in my left hand extend my right arm straight up, shake it, bring it down, and put the disc in my right hand. I extend the disc towards the basket very Avery like but after each arm extension I spin the disc on my left hand while I wipe my right on my pants leg. Repeat 3 times and on the 4th I do a weird three part pump thing and bam throw a spin putt right in the chains...............most of the time.

If I don't do this routine my putting percentage will go downhill a ton.

My mini has a red and blue yin yang symbol on it. I start the round always lining up the red side toward the basket. If I'm not playing well and missing putts, I mark with the blue (colder) side toward the pin. If I'm not happy with the morning round, I'll switch hats for the afternoon round.

I like the bar, team, or ct challenger stamp to point at my line for putts.
So the r, t, or pointy part of ct's sig.

Latest posts