• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Weirdest disc bagged by a pro?

Matt Bell and his Blowfly.

(I might even say someone throwing an Eagle is an oddity since I've really only seen Barsby and Heimburg using them.)

Matt Bell's Blowfly was my first thought. I think it's Round 3 of the recent Ledgestone coverage, someone tells a pretty wild story about him balling it up and throwing it like a baseball.

Is the Eagle an oddity? Very similar slot to Teebird, Rival, FX-2, etc.

One of the "regional" pros that throws a lot of OHs was using an Epic in a vid on CCDG a couple years ago, can't remember which guy it was though.

Did JohnE Mcray ever use an actual turbo putt disc?

Not that I'm aware of. Florida does have some of the best turbo putters on the planet though. I have seen some amazing throws.

I think Kona is using the wombat3 this year.

Barsby and his Scorpius.

I also wanna say ricky and his pigs cause I dont think I heard of anyone using those before him.

Brodie and the Zombee. Atleast it was in one of his ITB.

Barsby had the *Croc, *Gargoyle, old DX Stingray, and DX Banshee (for rain rounds) last year https://youtu.be/hcIVLcO3wUA
Mason Ford has a *Cro https://youtu.be/qNnbGsmsJss
Koling was throwing the *VCobra at Master's cup
Joel Freeman seems to be the only one throwing the Whale consistently
Simon has that super flippy Active line disc (Sun bird/Genius)

One of the "regional" pros that throws a lot of OHs was using an Epic in a vid on CCDG a couple years ago, can't remember which guy it was though.

One of the better open guys in ATL throws an Epic for distance competitions sometimes. He can bomb them.

Nathan Queen and a Leopard.

That's my #1 go to disc and he's the only (male) pro I've seen throwing one in years. Not just for righty holes either!

Nathan bags a few oddities. I think he also uses a Colt and a Stud.

As a weird aside, DX Stud and DX Ape stamps both have strange hidden wieners. Wonder if they were both from the same artist?

stud-dx.jpg

Dx_Ape.png

It's a seriously underrated overstable putter. If I didn't have such baby hands, it would've made my bag. Not that that means much.

This is the truth. Now I gotta go dig them out to try them again 😄

Latest posts