• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Welcome to Summer for a day

kw83028

* Ace Member *
Well, this is a little rant. Today was 82 degrees here in Michigan and I went out to Holly Woods DGC for some rounds. The place was absolutely packed, as expected, with everyone enjoying the day.

Here is what was going on there:

1. Many Groups of 10+
2. People throwing into you on the same hole
3. No yelling "Fore" whatsoever on any hole
4. People throwing multiple discs on almost every shot
5. 5 year olds with their dad taking 15 shots on each hole
6. Lots of open "herbals" going on while young kids were everywhere
7. General D-Baggery going on everywhere

I could only handle 18 holes and had to leave. I never once encountered any of that last year on that course. I'm pretty bummed. Now I can see why the sign posts, tables, trashcans, and baskets get vandalized daily. What a bunch of D-bags.

This is one of the reason I have been frequenting the more difficult courses around here, a lot less people on them. I don't even try to go to Kentwood or Cedar Hills after noon. The only way to combat this is to play early in the morning. Or find a pay to play course and hope that weeds a lot of them out :D.

This is why I don't play my "local" courses on weekend days or any evenings and opt to drive 30 minutes or so out of town to play a course. The further away from the city, the less people are one the course. Hell there is one course that I can think of that I play on a regular basis where you can play two or three rounds and never see another golfer.

Yep on the weekends it's early morning tee times for a while. Sometimes real late afternoon works too.

Yea, I'm definitely not going weekend afternoons anymore. I wish I would have just practiced putting in the yard. I don't mind a crowded course, it's just I can't believe how inconsiderate the majority of the people on the course were. There were easily 150 people there and 90% of the people I saw with my own eyes were being the biggest d-bags I have ever seen. Lots of kids under 12 there and a ton of open herbs, drunkenness, and loud F bombs......I can't believe this sport survives with people like that giving us good guys a bad name

I was surprised to see Endicott to be as crowded as it was today. It's not the hardest in the area, but its definitely a challenge. Summertime in effect.

But yeah, there was a group ahead of ours that was taking forever on every hole. They were a group of five and we were a four. We would literally finish the hole before they finished driving. I know this is a supposed to be a fun, leisurely activity, but a little courtesy would've been nice (like letting us play through).

Z Boaz (our local) has the same issues. Weekends are impossible to get a worthwhile game in. It's a shame people are such scum and can't appreciate nice things. At least we have several alternate courses to go to that don't suffer from douche-baggery.

Well, this is a little rant. Today was 82 degrees here in Michigan and I went out to Holly Woods DGC for some rounds. The place was absolutely packed, as expected, with everyone enjoying the day.

hey buddi are you playing the Vernal Inferno On the 16th ? also ... Yea you should get out there early morning ... today I played Goldenrod DGC nice and early and we got threw it pritty smoth .. but as i was getting done .. there was no chance of playing another round .. as there were mounds of people on every hole ...

GEt at me if you ever Want to play a Morning round .. as i like to play with new people ... I met FishMich out there at Holly DGC for the first time the other week .. shot pritty nasty score ... 8 birdys and 4 boags for a -4 round ..

get at me and let me know :)

Last edited:
Sounds good BigNik. I've played with FishMich a couple times. I'm slowly getting better. Averaging about +7 for 18 holes at Holly. Played 63 holes there on Thursday so I'm getting practice

Yeah, I'm here in DFW... the fair weather "players" are abundant. As soon as we get some 100 degree days, the courses will be returned to the dedicated.

Everyone talks about growing the sport, but aren't happy when it succeeds. This is actually the "off season" for me. I'm doing a lot of putting work in the yard... as I do yard work and grill. I'll play in a doubles tourney next week. I'll try to contribute with my putters.

Z Boaz (our local) has the same issues. Weekends are impossible to get a worthwhile game in. It's a shame people are such scum and can't appreciate nice things. At least we have several alternate courses to go to that don't suffer from douche-baggery.

Yup...zboaz gets me angry. It's hard enough to play on a weekday.

Summer has def. arrived in SW Florida. 90º today and probably every day from now till november. I don't mind playing when the course is loaded up, but I prefer early morning weekday sessions when there are a few to no other people on the course.

Latest posts