• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

We're not afraid of the weather!

JeremyKShort

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
...but maybe we should be

Disc Golf @ Southwestern in Keene, TX. No tornados in town, so not sure what the sirens were about. But we should have cleared out quicker, rain and wind got serious quick.

Ha, probably so. That's closer than I ever care to be. The most dangerous thing we had was the lightening. We started to clear out when we saw that, but the insane rain/wind kicked in before we got away.

The sirens don't always indicate a tornado warning. They can sound the sirens in a severe thunderstorm warning as well if they feel the storm contains life threatening wind and/or hail and it will impact a populated center. In the summer time we get derechos from time to time and they usually sound the sirens for those.

The sirens don't always indicate a tornado warning. They can sound the sirens in a severe thunderstorm warning as well if they feel the storm contains life threatening wind and/or hail and it will impact a populated center. In the summer time we get derechos from time to time and they usually sound the sirens for those.

That was exactly the case here. Keene has started sounding the sirens off for pretty ridiculous stuff. One of the guys with us that day works for the city and called in when the sirens started. We were told severe thunderstorm, no tornado.

Did y'all get any damage from the storm out there Sunday? Rio vista got the worst of it but Grandview got slammed pretty hard as well. I was cutting trees up until 3 am Monday morning so that I could leave for work at 6. I was not a good employee Monday at all.

That was exactly the case here. Keene has started sounding the sirens off for pretty ridiculous stuff. One of the guys with us that day works for the city and called in when the sirens started. We were told severe thunderstorm, no tornado.

I'm one of the people responsible for sounding the tornado sirens in my county and we don't sound them for anything except a tornado warning. When you hear them it should mean "get somewhere safe immediately". When they're set off for strong t-storms they become way less effective as a warning system.

Did y'all get any damage from the storm out there Sunday? Rio vista got the worst of it but Grandview got slammed pretty hard as well. I was cutting trees up until 3 am Monday morning so that I could leave for work at 6. I was not a good employee Monday at all.

There were some tree limbs down at SWAU, but not much else. There was a big tree cut down at carver on hole 4, I'm not sure what the story is there. I don't recall seeing it damaged after the storm, but I didn't look closely at the park. I'm actually pretty upset about it, it pretty much destroys the hole. This is the second time the city cut a tree down and messed up a hole.

There isn't much storm damage in Keene / Cleburne proper. It's all around RioVista, Grandview, Sand Flatts and the unincorporated area between Cleburne, Grandview and Parker.

Ahh, Keene, Texas. I got a speeding ticket there once. ;) I just played last week at Stephenville, TX with my brother in law, which isn't too terribly far from there. I came there about a week after the nasty storms.

If you speed through Keene you will get a ticket. I bet the police dept has more revenue than ft worth.