• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Crown putter

Well I ordered a couple Crowns to test.
It looks very similar to a PA3, which is probably the most comfortable putter I've held, but the puddle top on the PA3 made it too short for me.

Well I ordered a couple Crowns to test.
It looks very similar to a PA3, which is probably the most comfortable putter I've held, but the puddle top on the PA3 made it too short for me.

Let us know what you think

for someone who is not familiar with Westside putter. . whats the difference between CROWN, SHIELD and MAIDEN?

I have a Crown and Shield. It was said that the Crown was made to be a Shield with a bigger bead. The Crown definitely has a bigger bead, but it's not a carbon copy of the Shield, either. The Crown's bead is also bigger than the DDMarshal, and the Crown and Marshal feel similar to my hand. I never liked the Shield, but I do like the Crown.

I haven't tried a Maiden, but it looks to be a more shallow disc.

Maiden is probably the best throwing putter of the three - just a tad shallower but similar stability.

The Crown is my workhorse putter. I use it for pretty much everything backhand under 250' unless I need a more overstable finish. Generally my bag contains ~5 Crowns, 2x BT hard, BT Med, BT Soft, and VIP.

It is my putting putter too. I tend to have more of a spin putt style and I just love how it feels in the hand.

I haven't thrown a Maiden, but I find the Crown to be less over stable than the Shield. It also seems to me that the Crown has more glide than a Shield as well.