• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Crown putter

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
So I saw this for sale, but had never heard of it before. Putter, 3-4-0-1, 1.4 rim depth. Sounds like it would fit right between the Swan 2 and the Shield.

Found this on Westside's site:

The Crown is a putter for players that like a beaded rim putter, stable flight, and consistency. A stable flyer with a good glide makes it a great tool in every bag. Choose the Crown to make all your important putts.

Available now in BT Soft, BT Medium, and BT Hard.

Speed: 3 Glide: 4 Turn: 0 Fade: 1

Apparently released March 31.

Definitely more to the shield side than swan2. Feels almost identical to a KC pro Aviar or gauntlet. Haven't thrown one but probably pretty similar to either of those.

cannot find a profile pic. is it a damn wizard or not!??!

Of course it isn't a Wizard. It won't be a Wizard because the only Wizard is a Wizard. This putter is called a Crown.

Team Westside's Kyle Webster posted a few pics of the Crown the other day, including profile shots.

17553894_10155151100566182_6389206948394661319_n.jpg

17626198_10155151100546182_4943407508838309597_n.jpg

Picked one up Saturday night, haven't thrown it yet but have putted with it about 50 times. For putting, nearly identical to the judge, for my style at least. Seems like a nice putter.

So I saw this for sale, but had never heard of it before. Putter, 3-4-0-1, 1.4 rim depth. Sounds like it would fit right between the Swan 2 and the Shield.

To me, it looks like a beaded Swan. No clue how they fly. Stopped by the local shop today and looked at it next to a Swan. It was kinda like looking at a Shark and a Roc.

(No, I am not suggesting it looked like a mid, so don't get all weird on me DGCR)

A good comparison in terms of how it flies is a Judge. Similar feel with the bead, similar stable flight. Maybe a touch faster/glidier.

This is definitely more OS than the judge. Has a good amount of glide and some healthy fade.. Slightly less than the shield. I really like it to compliment by broken in judges I think. Handles power very well. It actually kind of reminds me of a deeper depth PA3. Most likely will get one in tournament plastic.

I have two medium Crowns that I've been testing for a couple of days. IMO Crown fits exactly in between of the Judge and the Shield. It feels slightly deeper than Judge and it flies just a bit more stable / overstable. I get zero turn on a full power drive and a very gentle fade at the end. On a similar throw a fresh Shield has much more fade to it. I could easily replace my beat-in Shields with the Crown as a driving putter, but it seems slightly too overstable for my putting style. I think I'll stick with the Judge, at least for now.

The Crown is probably my favorite off the tee putter ever. Judges were too straight (weird problem to have but they almost never actually hyzer) and the shield was too overstable and lacked glide. The crown sits perfectly between those two, able to hold a nice hyzer or power up a little for a straighter but predictable finish.

Not really the kind of feel I'd want for a putting putter, but for drives it's pretty amazing.