• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside Giant

The Giant is way more OS than the Destroyer IMO. I think the World would be closer to a destroyer flight than a giant.

The Giant is way more OS than the Destroyer IMO. I think the World would be closer to a destroyer flight than a giant.

Then maybe this will be the first mold I am comfortable buying used. :). Threw a world in a headwind yesterday and it turned and burned like a little **** whereas my two star destroyers held up nicely.

What d do you throw?

Honestly I find the run of the mill TP Giant to be similar stability as the beefiest destroyers... I've yet to beat one in but I want to.

What d do you throw?

Honestly I find the run of the mill TP Giant to be similar stability as the beefiest destroyers... I've yet to beat one in but I want to.

It takes a long...long time. I have a pretty thrashed TP giant, and it's lost some HSS but it still fades like a beast.

I can post pics later if that would be helpful.

none of the 7 giants i have are near as beefy as the enforcer, which is my book end for the giant. more when i want to play some skip, or if i need a ridiculous flex line in a strong headwind, i go enforcer

none of the 7 giants i have are near as beefy as the enforcer, which is my book end for the giant. more when i want to play some skip, or if i need a ridiculous flex line in a strong headwind, i go enforcer

Totally agree. My beefiest giants still are noticeably less OS than an enforcer.

Soooooo I just threw my giant and got a good laugh. Very rare to throw an anny and hear my disc say "nope!" Promptly flex out and find ground. This will not be flying distance lines for about 15 years. I would compare it to the enforcer easily.

Very rare to throw an anny and hear my disc say "nope!" Promptly flex out and find ground.
thats my experience with the enforcer. i did the same the first few times throwing it, just laugh. sounds like you got just what you were looking for, im just not sure its what youd expect from your typical giant.

Soooooo I just threw my giant and got a good laugh. Very rare to throw an anny and hear my disc say "nope!" Promptly flex out and find ground. This will not be flying distance lines for about 15 years. I would compare it to the enforcer easily.

Same here with the Enforcer. That disc is ridiculous stable. I want to see someone flex a new one into an anhyzer. That would be impressive.

Yeah, it is definitely not the norm. Just got out of gggt and there was only one other with the same plh. Though , judging on the plh of the others, none of them will have any turn whatsoever. Should be fun, but I will definitely need to bag a complementary mold for distance for a while. Probably going to buy a second giant used and then maybe a pro destroyer or something.

Same here with the Enforcer. That disc is ridiculous stable. I want to see someone flex a new one into an anhyzer. That would be impressive.

I use my enforcer pretty often but I use it as a beef disc. I use it for flex shots, or power hyzers. It's a fun disc to throw. I use at as my OS driver in headwinds as well.

Also picked up a used sparkle giant on the cheap. Threw it into the same headwind we have today, probably 15-20, gave nice turn and some fade while cutting through it much better than my domey pink destroyer. Sounds like my stiletto and headwind distance are covered. Now I just have to work one in or find a freak low plh. Good things, I dig this mold.

Also picked up a used sparkle giant on the cheap. Threw it into the same headwind we have today, probably 15-20, gave nice turn and some fade while cutting through it much better than my domey pink destroyer. Sounds like my stiletto and headwind distance are covered. Now I just have to work one in or find a freak low plh. Good things, I dig this mold.

The absolutely most frustrating thing is they have pro-ish plastic giants, they are BT giants. However, they run at least 30 a pop and are near impossible to find. I think they are only sold in department stores in Sweden...

The absolutely most frustrating thing is they have pro-ish plastic giants, they are BT giants. However, they run at least 30 a pop and are near impossible to find. I think they are only sold in department stores in Sweden...

Hey 'MURCA, step ya import game up.

Anyone have any Swedish connects willing to pick some of these up? I'd love to try one....

The bad thing I have heard is that the BT plastic discs in the supermarket cost as much as Premium discs. Can't recall an exact price but I am sure the $30 US sounds about right from shipping them over after the crappy retail pricing there.

DD base plastic mids have been a real hit, not sure why Lat and Westside haven't joined the fun and expanded into some drivers.

The bad thing I have heard is that the BT plastic discs in the supermarket cost as much as Premium discs. Can't recall an exact price but I am sure the $30 US sounds about right from shipping them over after the crappy retail pricing there.

DD base plastic mids have been a real hit, not sure why Lat and Westside haven't joined the fun and expanded into some drivers.

This is accurate. They are roughly $23 just for the disc...then shipping.

It's pretty disheartening to pay that much cash for a base line disc. However, if you go to the trilogy facebook page the swedes are incredibly helpful and you could probably work out a deal pretty quickly.

i don't know that i would want a giant in bt except for open field max D . . . and i don't know if i'd pay that much for a max D disc in base plastic.

for funsies though, and out of boredom before bed i took a profile pic of my FAF giant next to my regular? giant.

IMAG0142_zpstrhhloze.jpg

the pic doesn't illustrate it very well, but you can slide the white one straight across, up and over the rim of the red sparkle. lol.

anyway . . . that's enough nerding out and bumping this thread for one day.

I happened to travel to Lewisville TX for a business trip earlier in the week and dropped by Dynamic Discs. I was looking at the TP Giants and Worlds. They all felt very flexible and the tops were easily mashed by my thumb.

Is the more flexible plastic a new run? I haven't had a lot of Westside or Lat 64 discs but none have felt like these.