• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside world

I love my slightly domey TP world for distance shots, it started out overstable and now has good turn with reliable fade. But the last two TP worlds I've gotten online have been board flat. I threw one of them and it was out of the box stable-understable like my seasoned one. So the second one I just returned because I knew it was going to be similar. Have you World throwers had similar experiences with flat Worlds? I basically have to shop online and I'm having a hard time finding a good domey TP.

Just got my first one. I liked the dome on the elasto but would probably prefer tp. Low profile is strange. Maybe forehand.

I love my slightly domey TP world for distance shots, it started out overstable and now has good turn with reliable fade. But the last two TP worlds I've gotten online have been board flat. I threw one of them and it was out of the box stable-understable like my seasoned one. So the second one I just returned because I knew it was going to be similar. Have you World throwers had similar experiences with flat Worlds? I basically have to shop online and I'm having a hard time finding a good domey TP.

Flat have a lower PLH, dome raises PLH making them more stable.

I love it when this thread pops up...just knowing the disc is getting some love. I was fortunate enough to feels most of my worlds, so got myself a max weight domey VIP that is beefy (@ 400') a HPL 172 tourney that is straight to hard fade, a beat in 170 tourney that has nice turn with a nice come back, then a beat board flat 167 vip that will turn over for days and I have actually found to be a really nice roller too. This disc covers every single one of my shots unless there's a 25 mph headwind.

I use the Enforcer; I find it to be fast and long enough (with a little wear) to compliment VIP Worlds very well. I like the World but I don't trust it in massive headwinds - the Giant (the only one I've got is a flat TP) is a bit too beefy and short for my needs.

You have a Giant that is beefier than your Enforcers? I felt the giant had more glide and was straighter. I have been considering ditching the Stiletto and Giant for Enforcers. I do love the stiletto though...

Indeed; my flat TP Giant is more OS (with less glide) than either of the Enforcers I have (GBO Fuzion and FR Lucid). That being said, I've thrown Giants that were far more glidey, longer, and less OS than mine. The TP Giant I have is a legit 12/3/1/4 ... an absolute meathook of a disc. Definitely up for grabs if anyone actually wants it.

You have a Giant that is beefier than your Enforcers? I felt the giant had more glide and was straighter. I have been considering ditching the Stiletto and Giant for Enforcers. I do love the stiletto though...

Indeed; my flat TP Giant is more OS (with less glide) than either of the Enforcers I have (GBO Fuzion and FR Lucid). That being said, I've thrown Giants that were far more glidey, longer, and less OS than mine. The TP Giant I have is a legit 12/3/1/4 ... an absolute meathook of a disc. Definitely up for grabs if anyone actually wants it.

Sounds like two I've got. Faf tp, more like stiletto or x1. Definitely not the norm.

Ok so I guess tournament worlds are all coming out flat nowadays, which I don't like. I've asked both Disc Golf Center and Infinite Discs, and neither of them have one domey TP world. This sucks because I've found the flat ones to be much less stable.
I'll just have to keep using my giants for straight to fade lines, cuz all TP Worlds turn on me. (I don't like VIP/Elasto for max D)

I have an older blue dome TP World pretty much unused. It's too fast and stable for me. Happy to send it if someone has a good trade.

The first World I picked up was a misprint from the DD table at Am World Doubles last month. I picked up an "older?" VIP HukLab stamped world recently. Any idea how the plastics compare in flight or vs wind? I can chunk either disc farther than anything else I have ever picked up on a Forehand Anny. I get solid distance with a flat release FH/BH but not enough to put down Nukes/Cranks for those shots. But nothing shows my ability like a 400+' bomb with a high release and a massive L-to-R S-Turn. Unfortunately this means a wide-open throwing lane with plenty of room on the right side to do it's thing, and almost no headwind - which has caused both to turn and burn into a L-O-N-G Roller

Going back to my questions:
which plastic is going to be better in wind;
which for a "tighter" line;
Finally, how would the World and King compliment each other.

P.S. Spinach what are you needing in trade for that bad boy blue?

Got a vip 171 world. I fell it needs to hit some more trees etc to break in as it is fairly straight fade and sizeable skip. Not much glide:( I have found recently that it makes a wicked roller disc. I know that my arm is not fast enough to get the disc flying up to its capacity(I think I am about a 12 speed arm) not going to give up on the disc as its shown me some sweet flight. I am in the process of upgrading my discs to lighter plastics( air,blizzard) any difference in the air vs vip plastics.
Ben

Possibly not much less stable if you check out this video. EMac isn't shy about saying if a disc isn't stable enough for his power level, and this one seems pretty straight still. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfNP48v-Lvc

I've had a VIP World for a few months, has the usual wear in that time, and it's still HSS = 0 with almost no change to it. Some people say their Worlds aren't as stable, and I have thrown one that is HSS -1 and it was actually fresher than mine...so it may take quite some beating if you got a stable one or don't have the arm speed. I'd probably recommend going to a different mold like a Sorcerer or King if you want mellower, although lots of Kings seem pretty flippy.

Going back to my questions:
which plastic is going to be better in wind;
which for a "tighter" line

VIP (Elasto especially) will be the best in the wind.

Define "tighter line" - are you looking for little to no turn and little to no fade? Do you hyzerflip or release flat? Can you throw with more than enough power to make a World your roller disc? Are you a torque (OAT) monkey? What maxD molds do you already enjoying throwing?

The King is one of very few molds I don't know much about:|

Does anyone have a profile pic of the World?

I traded for a CFR world, but it looks and flies just like my King.

I have found more variance in plh on the high end in TP. My most stable (best in the wind) world is a TP. the lowest plh worlds I have seen are vip. On average they are pretty close.

VIP (Elasto especially) will be the best in the wind.

Define "tighter line" - are you looking for little to no turn and little to no fade? Do you hyzerflip or release flat? Can you throw with more than enough power to make a World your roller disc? Are you a torque (OAT) monkey? What maxD molds do you already enjoying throwing?

The King is one of very few molds I don't know much about:|

When I am talking tighter line I mean less turn on a flat release. I can FH the World into the ground and get a good roll out of it but I would probably use the Torrent if it came down to those two for that roll.

I have a pretty clean release (especially BH) but my FH release might be a bit susceptible to OAT. However when it comes to distance my FH outperforms BH 8 out 10 times - there are a couple of discs that simply respond better to the cleaner BH release.

I throw a variety of maxD S - OS molds - Nuke; Nuke OS; Force; Torrent; World... I do not throw a lot of US offerings as I flip over and change releases rather than try to carry another continuum of discs for pure driving.

Yeah I feel you... the longest throw I have ever tossed on the course was with a VIP HukLab stamped World. Lost it within a month on a water course and I have never found another one that was even close.

I threw my Bright Green 169g TP World so far the other day it went out of site and I thought it was lost. While walking down to look for it in the fairway a few minutes later about 500 out the strangest thing happened. I got conked in the head. WTF, I threw it around the World and hit myself in the head!

Latest posts