• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] Westside world

If anyone has a VIP Wold can you please take a profile pic for me? I need to ID one and I think yen guy might have sent me a King.

Big difference between the two molds. Throw it and find out. I can tell immediately from looking at the two. The king will most likely be very domey. I have yet to find a world with any significant dome. And I have been looking really hard!

I have 4 kings and this looks exactly like my flattest King. But I've not held a World in a long time and can't remember what the rim feel like.

Look at the edge of the disc. The king should come out on a lower profile like every less stable disc. The world starts to move up more giving it more stability.

If you have a king just look at the lip/edge side to side. If it is the same you have a king!

OS'ish World v. Domey Stablish King
20160215_140954_zpszdiwlu6e.jpg

I love my slightly domey TP world for distance shots, it started out overstable and now has good turn with reliable fade. But the last two TP worlds I've gotten online have been board flat. I threw one of them and it was out of the box stable-understable like my seasoned one. So the second one I just returned because I knew it was going to be similar. Have you World throwers had similar experiences with flat Worlds? I basically have to shop online and I'm having a hard time finding a good domey TP.

I got this out of my warships too, domey to flat. I've yet to throw a world but its on my 2016 to do list. I did see a guy at the local course chuck his and other then throwing it on a 200' hole and basically having to retee from the opposite side of the basket it was a pretty amazing throw.

Finding a domey world i believe is nearly impossible. I have yet to hear of one or see of one that really existed. From talking with DD they really don't mold up that way.

Probably has a lot to do with why the world can penetrate moderate winds so well giving you max distance. But then again the Giant can be slightly more domey and penetrate winds as well as the world.

Hmm....

Again-

Look at the edge of the disc. The king should come out on a lower profile like every less stable disc. The world starts to move up more giving it more stability.

I think this in general will help determine what a disc is going to fly like. Certainly more variables as well.

It certainly helps, but like I said I have 4 VIP kings and none of the 4 are identical. The rim on the disc I got is the same as my flat 173 King and they fly the same as well.

Not having a World to compare it against I didn't know if there was a telltale sign that set it apart.

Does anyone still throw these? I have 2 VIPs that I love for controllable distance but they don't seem to get much love around here. Sad to see for one of my favorite molds

Does anyone still throw these? I have 2 VIPs that I love for controllable distance but they don't seem to get much love around here. Sad to see for one of my favorite molds

I use one for hard BH and FH shots in mild to medium wind, although not at sea level. I find they don't lose really any distance or go off line in those conditions, where a slightly slower or slightly less stable disc will be affected, but an actually OS disc is not necessary and would cost distance.

In calm conditions I don't have too much use for it unless I need the finish it has after a decent flight, and in harder winds it's certainly not OS enough to trust. Because lots of other Worlds I've tried aren't as stable as I'd hoped, I will move away from the mold when mine is gone, likely to the Defender.

Yeah, I've been getting into these the last month or two, bought a Deco Dye to hang on the wall but it felt great, much better imo than both VIP and regular TP so I couldn't resist throwing it. I really didn't think I had the arm speed to take advantage of the wide rim but it constantly out distanced my Trespasses so now I have two Deco Dye Worlds for max distance drivers. I pair them with Cutlasses for head wind throws.

I read somewhere that the World is like a beat in Giant but I like the flight of the World better. It seems just a little more streamlined and faster and gets a few extra feet.

I like new fresh worlds, however after about 2 months, I take it out because my trespasses fill that role.

I read somewhere that the World is like a beat in Giant but I like the flight of the World better. It seems just a little more streamlined and faster and gets a few extra feet.

So if I'm having a hard time getting my giants to flip (though they bomb on hyzer lines too) a world would be a worthy disc to tryout? Or is the Defender what I'm looking for too? I'm not looking for a wind beater - I want a max D driver. Felons and convicts get the vast majority of my tee shots out to 375', looking for something that could potentially get more when the situation calls for it.

So if I'm having a hard time getting my giants to flip (though they bomb on hyzer lines too) a world would be a worthy disc to tryout? Or is the Defender what I'm looking for too? I'm not looking for a wind beater - I want a max D driver. Felons and convicts get the vast majority of my tee shots out to 375', looking for something that could potentially get more when the situation calls for it.

I definitely recommend the World if you're looking for stable (not OS like a Giant) max D. I've heard of some freak OS TP Worlds but all the ones I threw were perfect- light turn, reliable fade.

Lucid Defenders are pretty close to a Giant in flight path, maybe even a tick more OS. In fact, typing this makes me really miss having Worlds in my bag.

How far do you throw Felons on a flat throw/how far do you throw typical speed 12+ drivers? For reference a Felon will cap out for me ~330' on a flat to fade shot, more on an anny/flex.

Worlds are kind of inconsistent...some for me have a touch of turn/pop up and a late hook fade (good straight to skip disc), some have like -1 or -2 turn, but they do always have that fade if they don't hit the ground early IME. Enough fade that I feel like you need to be putting them 425'+ for the fade to just counteract the flight to give you a max distance line rather than being something that shuts down the distance by a bit...because of that I can't use it for a max D disc, I throw mild Destroyers farther.

Bio Defenders, the couple I've tried, are what I wanted the World to be (straight, quite stable, big fade, but good distance for that stability). I feel like you need a really big arm to use this as a max distance disc, but if you can do that I think it'd be great, as it will turn. Since neither of those discs would be max D for me I'd lean toward the Defender for consistency, but again that's a different situation than for what you want.

Basically I think the World will go farther, but the Defender is likely more consistent as a golf distance driver if you throw really hard.

Last edited:
Wysocki is using one. I think it is a orange vip. Check his in the bag. But the none the less, it's one he not only endorses but uses.

I've slowed everything down so my world's are on backup. My lips salivate just thinking about them on those moderately windy days when you need big d.

Wysocki does use one and probably can throw it as far as anything in his bag, but he also uses it for rollers sometimes.

I agree with Dr. Smooth that on mild to moderate wind, with my arm speed, they just completely ignore the wind and get the same flight path/distance as in calm because they are so aerodynamic and fast. But my gripe with them is that when the wind is past low-medium, their not true HSS is shown and they can get pretty flippy pretty quickly. I've had a heavy R to L windy hole that I threw it on a forehand, and it flipped left so far it went off the fairway into a fence, whereas a Felon and Firebird both handled the situation without drifting at all.

Edit: I just worry that if you add ~10MPH to my arm speed to get to the bigger arm pro category that this disc would get finicky.

Last edited:

Latest posts