• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What’s in your putter slot?

Wizards. I like them stiff in general but especially for putting. I have a pair of Organics right now.

I used to be all about SS Wizards until I got my first Classic Judge. The Judge feels like a shallow Wizard and it fits in my hand a little better because of that and it's now my putting putter. I still bag a Wizard for stable approach shots and specialty shots but I have 2 Classic Judges that I love to putt with.

Was using Wizards for a long time but lately I've been having a lot of luck with the Omega BB. I like the AP plastic for off the tee and upshots. ET plastic is my go to for putting.

Wizards. For putting and throwing. Tried P2's, Judges, Shields... always came back to the Wizard.

I haven't tried that many different molds, but I always realize after holding another putter that I just love the feel of the Wizard, and the reliability is great. I use a newer Eraser one for putting and a beat in SS (very firm) for floaty upshots and very long putts.

General putting: Eraser Wizards - grip is great for variable Michigan weather.
Windy putting: LE Zone.
Longer putts and floaty upshots: Beat in SS Wizard. Perfect for those touchy little anhyzer putts when a forehand won't do.
Most upshots: LE Zone all day long. forehand and backhand. So predictable and very little ground play. Usually sits right down and curls toward the basket (assuming I threw it to the spot).

2 SS Nikko Wizards for putting only

1 ER Wizard for turnovers and touch upshots

1 OG + 1 Nikko Wizards for straight drives, and upshots w/ fade

1 ER Scale for overstable upshots, and windy putts

And a jawbreaker and a z zone if those count as putters.

I used to be all about SS Wizards until I got my first Classic Judge. The Judge feels like a shallow Wizard and it fits in my hand a little better because of that and it's now my putting putter. I still bag a Wizard for stable approach shots and specialty shots but I have 2 Classic Judges that I love to putt with.

So then a BT Hard Judge would feel like a G9i Wizard? Can anyone compare?

I think it's called something different classic hard? Maybe. But not really trilogy hard is like KC Pro IME. Maybe comparable to PW with a different surface feel.

Yes that is the plastic name, Classic Hard or Hard Classic. I know a player who has a Judge as his longer putter in the hard that Dynamic Disc in the burst plastic. For his putting putter it is a medium or Soft Wizard in black or dark brown along with anther backup in the classic Gateway red. He would be a better putter if he just stuck with the Wizard mold for all putting; he has a Harp for Driving and mega windy day putter as well as longer approach disc though he rarely uses a driving putter.

Yes that is the plastic name, Classic Hard or Hard Classic. I know a player who has a Judge as his longer putter in the hard that Dynamic Disc in the burst plastic. For his putting putter it is a medium or Soft Wizard in black or dark brown along with anther backup in the classic Gateway red. He would be a better putter if he just stuck with the Wizard mold for all putting; he has a Harp for Driving and mega windy day putter as well as longer approach disc though he rarely uses a driving putter.

I dunno; putting is a very personal and individual thing. For example, I did give the (Supersoft) Wizard a second shot to become my putting putter, but it didn't work out: I'm too used to the slightly higher glide of the DD putters.

By the way, I don't think the Judge and Wizard are all that similar in any plastics.

Last edited:
Protege or gravity hunters for main putting duty. It's cold enough now I should swap to the gravity. 300 and 350f pa1's for windy days and driving and upshots.

168 Med Sole for general putting.
167 Firm Summit for anything i don't want a fade.
167 Med Summit Vibram Art Series for cooler weather.
150 Champ KC Aviar for long putts , anhyzer approaches , all touch shots that i hope i find chains.
172 R-Pro Pig wind and short utility disc.

all my putter molds also do double duty as approach discs inside 100'.

my short game is legendary. nuff said.

Envy.. Like there was any doubt... 166 Plasma, low shoulder flatter top preferred. Anything 160' in on a flat or hyzer line.. For sure. I can probably stretch them to 190' on flat. I use them at 150' distance for Anny approaches but if I'm not feeling the shot I swap for 166 proton Spin.

Putting Putters I use the Classic Blend Deputy, Throwing I use a Classic Blend Judge, Moonshine Deputy, and a Z Zone.

Latest posts