• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] What am I missing?

crater77

Birdie Member
Need a little advise here. I've played disc golf for a few years but only in small doses. Used to just be an excuse to hang with friends. But last fall I hit an ACE and fell in love. Hit another ACE this spring and now I cannot stop playing. I play most every day and am finally getting to be a respectable player. My bag is in need of a re tool to get me to the next level. I'm 100% set on my Aviars, Rocs and Buzzes. I'll never abandon my Teebirds or Firebird. The rest is a junk show. What can you recommend to fill the gaps? I have a decent arm but def not a huge gunner. I get my Teebird out to 320-370. Used to throw a NUKE about 350-390.

Your bag is very close to "complete" already. As you play more courses your bag will probably leave you wanting for a disc that flies a certain line better than any of the discs in your bag. That is when you either figure out a way to hit that line comfortably with what you already carry or find an appropriate disc and bag it. Many people have a trunk full of discs that are for specific shots on specific courses or for windy conditions. One thing I would recommend to try is a very overstable meathook midrange or putter but it is likely that you may find no use for it.

Last edited:
Actually no your right, it's exactly the thing I was looking for yesterday. Something I can huck 200-250 feet and fight the entire time. Any ideas? Gator? Sinus?

As much as I like prodigy, the m1 isn't nearly that overstable .

I've only thrown my friends M1 a couple times before & it was OS but your right it wasn't as OS as say a Drone but still pretty OS none the less.
FYI stable & overstable aren't interchangable.

Actually no your right, it's exactly the thing I was looking for yesterday. Something I can huck 200-250 feet and fight the entire time. Any ideas? Gator? Sinus?

The gator is great, great in the wind.. its just plain reliable. This is a great super os mid to have. If you want something less os, but still has some fight id say check out the new shark3.

As much as I like prodigy, the m1 isn't nearly that stable.

The m1 is not that overstable, ive found i can get a pretty similar fade out of an m2.. That being said, the m2 is a great disc, and so is the m3.

Garublador's "How To Build Bag"

^this will help put some things into perspective. Once you get your main, core of your bag situated you can start messing around with utility disc to fill those niche roles you're missing on your local courses.

let's see... in the bag thread huh... well...

buzzz... check
tbird.... check
roc.... check

yup looks like you've just about covered every maniacal fan base so there's nothing left for anyone to suggest.

... but wait...

you might also need every MVP or Lat 64 disc to replace all the ones you have now to be more hip. though once you do you'll be back here getting buzzz, roc and tbird suggestions. or maybe people telling you to drop your tbird and get a disc that flies like a tbird.

buzzz... check
tbird.... check
roc.... check

yup looks like you've just about covered every maniacal fan base so there's nothing left for anyone to suggest.

... but wait...

you might also need every MVP or Lat 64 disc to replace all the ones you have now to be more hip. though once you do you'll be back here getting buzzz, roc and tbird suggestions. or maybe people telling you to drop your tbird and get a disc that flies like a tbird.

:thmbup::hfive::popcorn:

This article is inspiring me to go back to the KISS principle. KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID.

I only use one putter, one mid, and three stable low speed drivers any way. The two exceptions being the buzz which is my beat to hell roller and my Beast. I plan on dying the Star TeeDevil and selling it. It's max weight and just brutal to throw.

Thank you so much for this! No longer will I spend countless hours online looking for the next disc. I already have them! I just need to improve myself as a player with the discs I already have.

buzzz... check
tbird.... check
roc.... check

... but wait...

LOL Nicely done!

Grab a Vector for the OS mid slot. Drone would be nice too. Outside of that maybe an Understable fairway such as the Amp/Leopard/River?

It's strange the M1 i bought off between a roc3 and Flx drone in overstability, but has recently moved towards the flx Drone, it's getting more overstable.

Well thats what happens when you quit feeding the m1 oats...

I think I read this right:

Nuke
TB
Buzzz/Roc
Aviar

that's actually a solid setup that can accomplish pretty much anything.

The only thing I would say you might want to try is some kind of flippy disc and or a lid like disc. Flippy disc I recommend a DX Stingray, DX Leopard, Mamba or Avenger SS. Lids I recommend are Sonic, Polecat, Rattler, and Bite.

Other than that you really aren't missing anything.

Icon Patriots from Legacy are the bees knees when it comes to flippy fairway drivers :thmbup: You definitely need to try one.

Latest posts